rocket

Pending Build Progess: 1.5.9

Actually, one flashing is ok. But the screen constantly flashing is a bug (sometimes I saw it happen right at the respawn) probably related to the OA beta

There is a lot of issue with joining servers and actually being able to play to even see these fixes. I was wondering - what is the actual cause of many of the connection issues? i.e. 'Waiting for server response'.. etc.

Is it an issue with an overloaded DB? if so perhaps it should be scaled outwards to handle more load? If the issue is money I'm sure people won't mind contributing to a few servers etc to scale the DB out so more of us can play.

I dunno if it has already been mentioned, but you can create fires by only using matches still.

You can use the scroll wheel and scroll beneath the actual options, so that none are selected, and if you press your mouse button, you start creating a fireplace.

Rocket' date=' please update the first post instead of just posting it in the thread.

[/quote']

What posts you on about? And yeah, please update first post Rocket, ta!

Awesome stuff' date=' but PLEASE [s']fix remove tents!

Fixed that for you. :P

I'm not sure what you have planned for the future. But I'm not sure why we even re-spawn. If there are ways of recovering your items. The way I see it is - when your dead, your dead. You don't magically remember that you set up a tent in the woods, at a base, in field, etc. Might as well spawn them at their tent instead of just being annoying and making them run back (not trying to be an ass).

Also, I think that groups being able to recover their friends items is ridiculous as well. Might as well just spawn them on their group after death too.

Maybe add a tagging system so that only the person that killed that player can take their items (and of course get rid of tents/storage)? I don't know. I just don't understand the point of the way it is now. Heh. It just isn't HARDCORE enough! Imo.

guys maybe i'm the only bastard not spamming servers with dc/reconnect but today i really can't manage to spawn; waiting for server response went over 30 mins many times so this is my question...apart from all the awesome fixes coming, is this database issue going to be solved?

or, what are your tricks to spawn? cuz i end up spending 3h to spawn just to get a dc 1h later.

Before u spam me with "omfg is an alpha u cunt" , this is not a rant, just wondering if in the next build this will be somehow better because i stopped playing everything else to enjoy this awesome mod but spawning is so frustrating...i'm fine with randomly loosing my 1 week char bec of bugs, but i can't really manage to play more than 1h out of 5 spent in the client :S

regards franky

Went too sleep for 10 - 12 hours hoping patch would be released when I awoke. But instead awoke to some pretty epic changes in the changelog. Really nice work :D

rocket' date=' please? write that cars can be repaired again

[/quote']

THIS!

Also being able to store items in vehicles and tents fixed.

Great work, can't wait for the new patch :)

Now the only thing left to hope is vehicles on the newer servers, please ;_;

Rocket,

Will the M107 that takes an extra slot be replaced by the M107 that does not take an extra slot. If people have one of the M107's that take up that extra slot.

Because i found one today, together with a M240 in the same room.

the crossbow has that shadow error that can be seen through walls. not good if you have a bandit close to you and you want to hide ;) would be good to fix when time ;)

Had a huge sleep (needed it!), progress update soon im working on the collectable skins in game. Trying to do it so that it can't be exploited.

Light from a flashlight goes through walls, but this is an engin thing, right?

I think thats because of the engine and I don't think there is anything rocket could do about that.

Had a huge sleep (needed it!)' date=' progress update soon im working on the collectable skins in game. Trying to do it so that it can't be exploited.

[/quote']

We can tell you have had a good sleep due to the improvement in your grammar haha.

Looking forward to the update and the fixes.

We can tell you have had a good sleep due to the improvement in your grammar haha.

So true isn't it. When I haven't slept, the inevitable poor grammar and posts that get me accused of being "unprofessional" come out! I'm just doing a quick check on the forums, then I'll post an update of how the progress is going with the skin change.