mattlightfoot

BIS are giving away copies of Arma X

Good that I have 300 points laying around :P Would be a good thing to gift to a friend if I will win.

Oh noes, I wish I had found this site earlier... But it seems I got three points in a mere 10 minutes just by standing by and browsing the site. It seems people do send stuff in there in a good pace, so I'll be waiting to make my entry tonight ;)

If I win it, I'm going to give that copy to my fellow buddy. He'll be damn happy after I'd say.

its absurd

you can get it if you have enough dollars on your account

if ppl had dollars they'd buy the game

its absurd

I'd say your comment here is kind of absurd by itself.

Some people just do have restrictions on actually buying the games.

As you know, not everybody seems to own a credit card for online purchases, especially the players who are still underage. And even if they would have the card, there may be some restrictions at online stuff as like I had.

This giveaway is an opportunity. It's an opportunity for those who don't either want to spend too much money on games, or simply can't even buy the game easily at all.

its absurd

What are you talking about. You get points for doing nothing and you use those points to enter a giveaway.

yeah i dont have enough points either - can give away my hard copies to friends if I had all steam versions - I have all the titles except Cold War Assault & British Armed Forces anyway.

LOL!

I'm not sure how this point system works but I've got 32, not enough to enter the giveaway (60).

I was on board Steam when it first got rolling, have over $545 worth of games installed on my computer and another $400 worth of games I've bought for others (mostly my kids). It must require being part of Steamgifts for longer than today? If so only a few thousand people will be eligible. What a silly system.

What is this point non sense you guys are talking about? What point?

*confused*

LOL!

I'm not sure how this point system works but I've got 32' date=' not enough to enter the giveaway (60).

I was on board Steam when it first got rolling, have over $545 worth of games installed on my computer and another $400 worth of games I've bought for others (mostly my kids). It must require being part of Steamgifts for longer than today? If so only a few thousand people will be eligible. What a silly system.

[/quote']

You start from 25 points. Everytime someone creates a new giveaway every user gets 10% of the giveaways value in points

Why cant there be a normal competition? Why do people have to jump through hoops to even get into the competition. I hate that kind of shit.

Here is the FAQ: http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/91wob/faq-and-guidelines

Note a couple of important tidbits:

Don't enter for games you already own.

Don't trade, sell, resubmit, or give away games you win.

Winnings must be redeemed on the winning account.

Only one account per IP address.

I, for example, already own pretty much everything in the ARMA series (I do own everything, just not everything via Steam) and wouldn't mind winning a copy to give to my brother who is a fence sitter when it comes to $60 games. According to those rules I can't give it away if I win and I shouldn't even be entering in the first place.

It would be nice if there were an *official* steam system for contests.

Why cant there be a normal competition? Why do people have to jump through hoops to even get into the competition. I hate that kind of shit.

I've gone up 11 points in 20 minutes... it's got 3 days to go yet so anyone will easy meet the 60 point requirement.. no hoops here :D

Jesus Christ! http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/capnpantz

My account is "worth" $1257.99 USD? Funny stuff. Of course it's probably depreciated down to like $200, and I definitely didn't pay that much for all of those games. ;)

I only have 31 points (for whatever reason). They seem to be increasing pretty fast.

yeah my post is absurd but you dont even know what you're talking about...

MaSSive' pid='66861' dateline='1337967369']

25P here...Im using my friends CD keys to play and I only need Combined Ops. Giveaway for CO please!

I have one extra arma 2 cd key. I can give you that and then you only need OA. :)

MaSSive' pid='66861' dateline='1337967369']

25P here...Im using my friends CD keys to play and I only need Combined Ops. Giveaway for CO please!

I have one extra arma 2 cd key. I can give you that and then you only need OA. :)

Haha is that you Limeni? Wow howd you get all this nice rep, been trolling some kids around? ;)

Are you sure you give me this man? Me love you long time :heart:

yeah my post is absurd but you dont even know what you're talking about...

Actually' date=' we certainly think we do know what se're talking about. We respect BIS as what it has suddenly come, and we're just being kind of happy towards it. It reflects from and to the DayZ itself, too. That's why we put out good hopes to get somethig for free, just for the satisfaction itself.

People DO buy it if they want it, but sometimes they can't. Again, this is a good opportunity to get the game just like that, when the difficulties can be forgotten for a while.

Man, just try to think a bit more about it for a while. I can even see your reputation going down way too fast to my eyes.

[b']EDIT:

I just went into a theatre and watched a show there and came back... noticing I've got 62 points in my account. That's sweet, I'm one of the 440 other people now :D

ok well since registering earlier I do now have enough points to enter - so Im in :)