BIttermace

Auto Run Tutorial (No Items on Keyboard)

OK well I'm pretty sure no one else has posted this so here it goes.

[\youtube]

Day Z Auto Run Using Steam Dashboard

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

1. Double Tab W to sprint

2. while holding W press Shift+Tab to bring up steam menu

3. Release W Key

4. Shift + Tab to go back to game

Enjoy :)

As far as I know this only work's with steam as I havn't played the game through anything else myself.

Now you can stop putting random crap onto your keyboard !!!

• Like 22

ooommmmggg!! Genius... But will this be considered an exploit? Like alt 4 and stuff :/?

Although you have my beans cause it's genius.

Edited by LT.Sacred

I've been using this for weeks now, good of you to share it with others though.

I've been using this for weeks now, good of you to share it with others though.

As have I. To OP, thanks for sharing!

To anyone who isn't aware, you can also sprint while only making the noise of crouch running. (Visibility is affected also.) To do this, double tap W and then press your crouch button. You will continue to sprint but be less noticeable by infected. This only works with a primary weapon.

Edited by JamaicanCowboy
  • Like 2

Good idea!. Do you (or anyone else) notice any performance issues with running Dayz through Steam?

Good idea!. Do you (or anyone else) notice any performance issues with running Dayz through Steam?

Not at all. It probably varies based on specs though.

Not at all. It probably varies based on specs though.

I've been running without Steam, but I'll give it a go. I guess you can also use the overlay to display a map as well.

I've been running without Steam, but I'll give it a go. I guess you can also use the overlay to display a map as well.

Possibly, I know you can use the GPS while still running

This is indeed very useful, I use it all the time. Thanks for sharing to those who do not know.

ive beenusing a screw driver, or chainsaw file, and jammin em under 2 key, and letting gravity do the rest... good tip sir, im sure it will save many a key board un told abuse.

Duders I have come from a purely console gaming experience to Diablo III. The concept of keybinding is like fucking mandarin to me. The idea of such a gamer joining the master race of PC gamers should generate throbbing hard ons for all of you, please. When I don't know how to use my keyboard.... be nice.

well im glad this has helped a few of you out saving some keyboards along the way :)

lol knew this ages ago, thanks to dayz commander I can play with steam and use a map at the same time :P