A Bush killed me

Snow in Day z.

I could be wrong but I think if you change the calendar in Arma2 to around Christmas time it starts snowing.

-edit, you need it to be winter time in the editor and follow these steps

http://www.armaholic...m=posts&q=15436

Dunno if it still does it but the original OpFlash changed all the trees to xmas trees with lights when you set your map in the editor to December 25th

I just cannot help but adding some sensible variants with regard to tracks in the snow.

Cold weather and clear skies could make tracks stick as long as they otherwise would.

Milder temperatures with rain could make tracks dissipate somewhat quicker.

Cold weather with snow could make tracks dissipate at a maximum rate.

The dissipation of tracks could simply mean a shorter distance for which the tracks in the snow will start to autofade and vanish at the end of the path following someone walking around in the snow.

Edited by Treehugger

Seasons would be a great addition to the game. But I would like stronger weather affects first. I can't wait for the standalone!

The ARMA 2 engine supports snow I think it depends on the time and date changes to game engine that make it winter ingame.

yeah, i'd definitely love to see snow in the standalone.

but everyone will need white clothes. or at least be easy to get white camo, otherwise everything that isn't white will be easy to spot.

yeah, i'd definitely love to see snow in the standalone.

but everyone will need white clothes. or at least be easy to get white camo, otherwise everything that isn't white will be easy to spot.

If everyone is easy to spot then no one has any advantages. Camo clothing is not easy to found.

Edited by Mitor

Real time seasonal changes would be an awesome addition to the realism.

• Like 2

Oh hell yes!!! And with Dayz getting temp overhaul then spawning in a winter map will have you having to deal with different strategy than a summer months map.

With real-time day/night-cycle, real time Seosonal changes would be really cool. I would like to see that implemented a lot.

I would love for there to be snow , it is Russia after all. Would be cool if the snow built up also and we could track peoples foot prints. This would actually make heat packs and fires worth a damn in helping you stay alive.

But you wouldn't expect russia to have very hot summers, too. That could up the need for drinks f.e.

The ArmA engine doesn't support that featur. the footprints/tracks only stay a bit and would cause lag if they were permanent ( imagine tons of info that would have to be sent to each player ). There would be a need for an extra layer that saves that info.

But you wouldn't expect russia to have very hot summers, too. That could up the need for drinks f.e.

The ArmA engine doesn't support that featur. the footprints/tracks only stay a bit and would cause lag if they were permanent ( imagine tons of info that would have to be sent to each player ). There would be a need for an extra layer that saves that info.

arma already has snow.

Snow could be the cause for other diseases as well! Like the common cold and so on, these could all have their own negative effects on the players movement/aiming or something. But that's another discussion ;)

+1 :beans:

Would reduce hill sniping as you cant prone and expect to see something when theres snow up to your knee or even hip.

With out deep snow this would be not as cool as it should be. we need deep snow. snow that makes your character struggle to get trough

assassins creed 3 got that shit down when it comes to snow.

Heres inspiration to everyone.

I'm really warming up to this idea.

Obviously just changing all textures to white and grey would get us a long way, but it would be really awesome to see a specific design for a snow covered map. New textures, snow banks, waist high powder snow, icecovered lakes, treacherous thin ice, ice fishing and improvised iglos. Decreased movement and fogging up your screen when exhausted.

I'm demanding a snow covered Seattle map.

Edited by Dallas

On the Russian front in the North, you would sometimes find soldiers from both camps huddled together and frozen to death in the same fox hole, both Nazis and Russians.

i think it would be interesting to have the setting in the scandinavian region. Oslo or stockholm helsinki. and the suburbs outside... somehow a place that isent so desolate why would it be worse then plane of nothingness.

i want to traverse a map that has clear landmarks and that we can actually Feel connected to in a more... unique sort of way.. chernos land marks are 3 things elektro cherno and airfield.

and a few castles but they are far inbetween.

norway and sweden has modern building smack down in forested areas and alot of dynamic elevation like mountains and bridges and tunnels.

Edited by mistan