Sula

Players 30+ years old

I'm 30 and play with a mix age group. Their're 7 of us. Youngest is 22 but was invited for the forum. Very avid player and plays just about everyday. We all use TS3 and skip the VOIP in the game. We have been burned out on the people who say "friendly" and shoot us in the back. We don't look to kill others but to survive the game. If we get shot at, we do return the favor. We don't trust anyone that isn't in TS. My thing is, don't trust anyone but yourself. We do play with others across the world. One from AU, one from CA, and others from USA.

Edited by AMDftw

I'm 50, but probably not skilled enough anymore.

I'm 37 years old and I recently got my ass whooped by a 74year old on Dirt 2 and I consider myself pretty good at that game.

I'm hanging around Cherno and Elektro atm, trying to help new spawns get some decent loot before they venture off in to the interior. I also like to visit the sniper camp locations around the cities and clear out those nasty bandit snipers. I'm on skype when I take a shift at being a medic or looking for some team play.

37 UK, Survivor and Medic. Skype details in my sig for anyone who has a medical emergency or is just looking for a group. I've been playing Arma 2 since it's release, play lots of different Arma 2 MP missions and mods so feel free to ask me questions about installation, different mod setup and game mechanics also.

Edit: It appears that two threads got merged, hence my two posts close together on this page.

Edited by BoneMender

Hullo there

I'm confused, don't we already have this thread? Or did I miss the point? Or am I already senile?

rgds

LoK

UK player, 43 and don't consider myself an old fogey but would happily wear the tag. I never shoot first and try to give people benefit of the doubt ( have got shot many times due to this ) but would shoot to kill anyone who presses the trigger first.

I spend most of my time wandering around alone due to not always finding trustworthy people but happy to team up with others and the best times in the game is when you come across a stranger and you both decide not to shoot and spend some time exploring. I also like to try other things in game to keep it fresh like getting good loot then going back to cherno to offer it to new spawns or riding a bicycle in cherno and seeing how long till I die

I play either some daytimes or usually after 9pm at night UK time. Been playing this for some time and consider myself versed in locations and the ways of Dayz.

UK player, 43 and don't consider myself an old fogey but would happily wear the tag. I never shoot first and try to give people benefit of the doubt ( have got shot many times due to this ) but would shoot to kill anyone who presses the trigger first.

I spend most of my time wandering around alone due to not always finding trustworthy people but happy to team up with others and the best times in the game is when you come across a stranger and you both decide not to shoot and spend some time exploring. I also like to try other things in game to keep it fresh like getting good loot then going back to cherno to offer it to new spawns or riding a bicycle in cherno and seeing how long till I die

I play either some daytimes or usually after 9pm at night UK time. Been playing this for some time and consider myself versed in locations and the ways of Dayz.

[fogey]'s of the world unite.... ;)

41 here and would be more than happy to team up with anyone (preferable UK/EU based as my connection is a bit steady!!)

peebeds is the skype.

Sula, tried to PM you but I guess your inbox is full?

39 young German ;) shooting since 2000 (Strike Force/UT Mod, Tactical Ops/UT Mod,CS 1.6,CS:S, BF2, BF3,CS:GO)

... but my skill´s decreasing :( So i do iRacing :) and DayZ :)

IGN: TRIPLE

Server: DE112 EU20 Veteran 3rd OFF/char OFF/ only deathmessage ...

Its because this server has timezone UTC and thats great for us European. I usualy start playing UTC 6.00

p.m. and then you can play from daylight to dusk to night(serverside). I love this time setting.

I´m not searching for servers with daytime for me, I like it the way WoW does it.

Regards from Germany

Sula, tried to PM you but I guess your inbox is full?

Yes, it is. Just wanted to give you a hint for a good server:

Hi,

I read your +30s thread and just wanted to tell you, there's a new private hive server with a very friendly atmosphere (most players are friendly, there is global chat so we are trying to build kind of a more mature community there)

The server needs more regular players - MATURE players!!

So if you and the other "Fogeys" (what does it mean btw?) want to join a good server with a more mature atmosphere, join STH Private Hive Chernarus #1 (e.g. just filter "STH"). STH is the clan who set the server up (I'm not a member).

It's running version 1.7.2.6 since yesterday, with beta 96061 I think.

Greetings from Germany

Smoke da Joint (age: 31)

An "old fogey" is what you would have called someone 30+ when you were a teenager... now those of us that are of that age don't feel like fogeys, but our kids probably still think we are.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fogey

Perhaps the German "Konservativer, revisionistische Person" will do - but fogey is shorter ;) You can be a young fogey too.

36 in Edinburgh mostly friendly, GlasgowJag on steam and Skype. I usually play 2200-0200 GMT most nights if your on western European servers, it might be fun to hang out with a few people.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention, I'm happy to play early mornings or late evenings, after the kids are in bed, i'm definitely a fogey, it seems the older I get, the more like one of the old gits from Harry Enfield and Chums I become lol!

• Like 2

I'm game. I just turned 40 too.

And to think... I thought I was old when I started playing TFC at 29.

Forgot to mention, I'm happy to play early mornings or late evenings, after the kids are in bed, i'm definitely a fogey, it seems the older I get, the more like one of the old gits from Harry Enfield and Chums I become lol!

LOL imagine a group of us going around cherno shouting at the kids to stop shooting so loudly or moaning to the zombies

for the smell...

• Like 3

LOL imagine a group of us going around cherno shouting at the kids to stop shooting so loudly or moaning to the zombies

for the smell...

I already do that. Everyone and everything starts to chase me! LOL

Great post man! I too are amongst the elders lol. Just got thru playin for a bit and got tired of bein shot at so takin a break. My name is MrBaconbit in game and I'll see if I can't figure out how to change my name and put a fogey in the front just in case I run into any of yahs but I'm a west coast USer so would be hard time matchin up. Type in "Dayz - I got suckered by a kid" into youtube (my channel is same name). Only have a couple vids but both are me gettin ganked by some turds. Nice to see some not so blood thursty peeps out there!

Once the game starts up in the main menu, just click on Player Profile and either create a new player name or edit an existing one. As far as I can tell, Dayz treats all profiles you create as if they were one "person", IE I can play as [fogey]mkiii or use one of my others and the result "in-game" is the same. Same location, same equipment, and same stats. I don't know if this will change in the future, so for the time being I will stick with [fogey]mkiii

Edited by mkiii

And Sula I think your inbox is full.

:)

• Like 1

Ok so info update.

I am +12 hours

NZ / AU servers optimal

Best way to contact me is via yahoo messenger : rivitingone. Same (I think) for steam and skype. I play all hours atm until we get settled in from the move.

I used to be in a CS clan called ZhG - Zimmerframe Honour Guard, you had to be over 30 to join as we were all so fed up of the teenagers kicking our arses!!

Sounds like 'Fogeys' could be a similar deal!

:D

• Like 1