Sula

Players 30+ years old

Well just had to tell you had a great night last night with PoMonkey ( who know will be called poo monkey forever ) and Coldbum on uk180.... met up with them via shoutbox ( link earlier in thread ) and proceded to upset alot of zombies and do lots of running around in the dark. Monkey got a nice set of NVGs.... his first time ever ( not that I have ever found them! ) and then what happens, sunrise so he has to wait to use them ;)

Thanks guys for a blast and look forward to meeting in game again soon..

So to all the others reading this thread..... def worth meeting up with others on here and will be nice to have a few people to meet up with on game on a regular basis

Good to hear you had a blast after meeting up with more fogey's, wish I could have been on, but I wasn't feeling at my best, hopefully i'll catch up with some of you fogey's, though i'm not one for night servers tbh lol.

Forget? I knew nothing about it. When did that become the place to check? Never heard of it.

Also, you can just view the list and send someone a message at the forum, like Voodoo said - don't leave him or anyone out if they don't have skype etc. :) :thumbsup: :beans:

Leron, I'm the same as you! But I can add you to the list if you like. :thumbsup:

Voodoo, if you change your mind, I can add you with "contact via forum message". Just let me know. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

55 here, names Greg living in Colorado. (Lakewood by Denver)

Toughing it out as a lone wolf - ya and dying a bunch.

Can't wait for the 'DayZ' stand alone game to come out.

In the past was doing OFP ARMA COD BF.

Steam = kb5ixd.

Have heaset for in game direct chat.

Sula you can add me to the list.

Remember 'command and conquer' for the PC or 'strike fleet' on the commodore 64 I do very well.

Would be great to get a group together that does NOT kill each other.

Edited by kb5ixd

Forget? I knew nothing about it. When did that become the place to check? Never heard of it.

Yeah ... DazTroyer set it up a couple days ago .... good place to see who is where and when ;]

Good to hear you had a blast after meeting up with more fogey's, wish I could have been on, but I wasn't feeling at my best, hopefully i'll catch up with some of you fogey's, though i'm not one for night servers tbh lol.

Sorry to hear that man ... we'll be around :]

Night servers are ok ... not huge fan, but like that concealment at the same time. Those nvgs I "gave away" woulda come in handy.

Edited by poMONKey
  • Like 1

30+ here and friendly survivor.

By the way, you posted this in the New Player Discussion which is a wrong area. I moved the thread to Survivor HQ.

Please read the pinned/sticky threads before starting a new topic!

Are you looking for others to team up with? Want to announce clan? Read this!

Read this before starting a new topic!

• Like 1

Leron, I'm the same as you! But I can add you to the list if you like. :thumbsup:

Voodoo, if you change your mind, I can add you with "contact via forum message". Just let me know. :thumbsup:

Sure do that :)

my skype is Jensloendahl btw, if anyone is up for some geezer action.

46 here from Texas. Just starting to learn the ropes . would love to know of a server that have people in it like the ones in this forum topic.

• Like 1

Just joined, 38 and from Kentucky. Been playing for a couple weeks now, like to join up tonight if possible. skype - pippin_x

• Like 1

36, GA, US. I'm a lone wolf for now but would enjoy teaming up. I've only had to kill one guy, a bandit.

TS3: whiskeytango (just set it up, never used it before)

Steam: kinjiru811

- On server US303 I have a tent stocked with food, soda, compass, map, matches, Makarov + ammo, and a Lee Enfield + ammo. It's west of Pustoshka at the top of that wooded hill.

- Another tent on US1960 at grid 022035 beside a small pond (far to the NW), stocked with an Mk 48 Mod 0 w/600 rounds of ammo. I'll probably be dead soon, so get it while it's hot! :)

• Like 1

. Those nvgs I "gave away" woulda come in handy.

Not sure you GAVE them away.... like I held onto that guys bullet for him earlier...internally

• Like 1

Going further, I think it would be possible to take back a town. I think with a group of 5 or 6 friendlys we could set up in a small town permanently. When zombies spawn we just greet them with our shotguns, not worrying about other zombies, you know, because we took back the town. Each player could set up in a little house to call their own, put a tent in the backyard and be happy. Loot would be plentiful, you know, because we took back the town, and could be shared/traded.

Need a transfusion? Ask a neighbor instead of trying to eat 400 cans of baked beans. Broken leg? No need to crawl 1000 meters to the hospital.

If more players sign on to this idea, we could move to a bigger town with a supermarket. How sweet would that be? Our very own supermarket! We could all have a vehicle and put it in the driveway instead of at the bottom of a ravine in the bushes.

If bandits come to town, we'd have strength in numbers. Who's going to steal an atv when it'll mean 5 trucks with 10 guys are going to hunt your ass down?

It pains me to think that the current dayZ gameplay trend is how society would end up after something appocalyptic.

Let's take back a town.

• Like 2

Hi all,

I'd like to join up

player name blankers

well over 30

skype don't have but will get

ts blankers

Just went on shoutbox but nobody answered me. Is anyone on now ?

edit: Have some good gear. Found a tent the other day stuffed with treasure. Daren't go anywhere now for fear of loosing it....need backup !

Edited by blankers
  • Like 3

43 and was about to quit playing until I hooked up with the Trusted Medics of the Wasteland. Running around helping people is my gig...hell, I'm a nurse in real life so why not do the same shit here? It's a hell of a lot easier that's for sure! ;)

• Like 5

Hi all,

I'd like to join up

player name blankers

well over 30

skype don't have but will get

ts don't have but will get.

edit: Have some good gear. Found a tent the other day stuffed with treasure. Daren't go anywhere now for fear of loosing it....need backup !

I had same problem earlier, no one else on at the time, try again tomorrow fella, I should be on from about 8pm. :)

I had same problem earlier, no one else on at the time, try again tomorrow fella, I should be on from about 8pm. :)

o.k willdo.....

I had same problem earlier, no one else on at the time, try again tomorrow fella, I should be on from about 8pm.

Sorry guys, I posted the TS3 server we were using on shoutbox today, but it probably got buried in the chat stream. Not sure how many ppl this server can take, but maybe we should find a public TS3 server we can all connect to, so this doesnt happen.

A couple of us have been playing on UK 180 for 2 days ... ultimately trying to get some vehicles, and tents to set up a little camp ( slow going, but awesome ). This server has a good ping for those of us in the states ( maybe not past Kansas/Colorado so much ), and havent seen a hacker yet. Maybe we can make a "home" on this server if its stable, and a good ping for everyone, etc.

There was 5 of us playing tonight :thumbsup: Let's keep that contact going ... the more ppl we have hanging about, the more we can accomplish ( whatever that might be ).

Anyway .... keep checking shoutbox ( http://dayzfogeys.freeshoutbox.net ), and here ... keep posting ideas for the group ( this is NOT a clan ) ... great start ... see ya out there ;]

• Like 3

Howdy, 32 from fkn old Germany. ;)

Been a while in the ARMAII offline campains but new to DAYZ.

I'm a veteran in the fighter jet simulation "Falcon4 AF" with a personal military background.

Never used steam, bought the retail dvds - connected "withSIX."

Just curious, why nobody talks inside the game...all on TS3 or Skype? Why?

Captivate me, show me your ideas how to team up... only real wolfs hunt in a wolfs pack! <_<

met up with a few geriatric players today. great game. got the damn chenarus flu. need antibiotics bad.

• Like 2

I posted all my deets in this thread but Im not on the list... Do I need to PM them to you Sula?

Edit:

Steam: supanaut

Teamspeak3: supanaut

Edited by supanaut

Well, forget the US303 loot. I got banned from there because I found an AS50 TWS on 199.116.118.53:2322 (Brasil Moitas Beta fix v1.7.2.6/Beta 96895) and brought it to my latest tent @ US303. Due to the ban, I tried registering with the US303 site with my Steam ID, but it didn't work for some reason (it needs "STEAM:x:x:xxx~, which I don't know how to get). No idea how to get that despite Steam Support's automated answer of logging into a "Valve multiplayer game." The only Valve games I own are ARMA and Red Orchestra. Once I find another tent and store all this loot I got I'll announce what server it's on + the location so you guys can get some good stuff.

Even though I added that "Brasil" server to my favorites in DayZ Commander - after their AS50 AWS got me banned from US303 - I logged back into "Brasil" and satchel charged the camp I found the hacked item in. Stole a remaining ATV, took off, saved the ATV, and logged out. Now DZC won't even let me click the "Brasil" server name. I tried the arrow keys too, but cannot select that server.

If this post should be in a different place, my apologies to the admins.

EDIT: I found the illegal loot @ grid 073004.

EDIT: Now I can login to "Brasil" again. Don't know what the issue was, but it doesn't exist anymore.

Edited by whiskeytango

39, Belgium here. I just sent Sula a pm to add me to the list.

Have steam but never used its message system, used teamspeak for the first time less than a week ago, don't have skype but may get it at some point. I'll keep an eye on that shoutbox thingamajig the next few days and will try to hop on and run around with some of you fogeys. Sounds like fun.

Never referred to myself as an "old fogey" before, I usually call myself an "old fart." But I agree that [fogey] works better as a prefix. :D

• Like 1