Gumpnstein

Hacking, Hacking, Hacking, Hacking, Hacking...

It's bizarre that no one is wondering what caused the dramatic upswing in hacking during the past two weeks.

There wasn't this level of hacking in DayZ for months before and then suddenly it skyrocketed. Why did this upswing occur only in the past two weeks?

A new hacker client must have been released or something similar?

Edited by Thorne

Did you not understand me or something?

Is hacking more a 1337 type thing only a real hacker knows about ... and these are some script kiddies @ work and no real hacker can relate to stuff like that?

if so .. i dont care .. about the correct terminology and how we call it ... as long as we all know what we are talking about ... a complete mess that ruins the motiviation to play the game over and over again ... and yes im also tired of the alpha excuse ... with hacking so obvious, and script/BE bypasses so easy available ... i cant believe there isnt a solution to the problem right now ... at least a way to prevent people from spawining in stuff ...

Is hacking more a 1337 type thing only a real hacker knows about ... and these are some script kiddies @ work and no real hacker can relate to stuff like that?

if so .. i dont care .. about the correct terminology and how we call it ... as long as we all know what we are talking about ... a complete mess that ruins the motiviation to play the game over and over again ... and yes im also tired of the alpha excuse ... with hacking so obvious, and script/BE bypasses so easy available ... i cant believe there isnt a solution to the problem right now ... at least a way to prevent people from spawining in stuff ...

The solution is dont build your game around the ability to easily modify and work with the core engine. Arma 2 is open, VERY open, hence why its so easy to "Hack". People keep crying, and crying, its so annoying and so many of them just look silly, in the end it cant be fixed over night.

Everyone acts like its being ignored and a solution/fix can be coded up over night, cuse its not like, say, Blizzard, ever have issues.

The solution is dont build your game around the ability to easily modify and work with the core engine. Arma 2 is open, VERY open, hence why its so easy to "Hack". People keep crying, and crying, its so annoying and so many of them just look silly, in the end it cant be fixed over night.

Everyone acts like its being ignored and a solution/fix can be coded up over night, cuse its not like, say, Blizzard, ever have issues.

Just curious, has rocket or any staff. Mentioned in an interview or post, what they plan on doing to try and limit hacking in later stages. I mean, if it is mainly the engine itself. Is not a waste of time to develop a mod/game, that has an excellent idea, on a terrible platform. It is like designing a great mansion on a house, amazingly beatiful mansion, then building it on a rickty rotten wood platform on the side of a landsliding hill.

• Like 1

Just curious, has rocket or any staff. Mentioned in an interview or post, what they plan on doing to try and limit hacking in later stages. I mean, if it is mainly the engine itself. Is not a waste of time to develop a mod/game, that has an excellent idea, on a terrible platform. It is like designing a great mansion on a house, amazingly beatiful mansion, then building it on a rickty rotten wood platform on the side of a landsliding hill.

People forget how this all started, it was just a test, a tech demo so to speak, it then completely blew up, just this past month we've gone from half a million to 1 million, its growing insanely and while a lot of legit players come, the number of "hackers" begins to grow, the "workforce" of the "hacker" community for the game exceeds that of the dev team and its a constant battle.

But as said by Rocket and what I consider common sense, this is a MOD, it can only do so much, it pretty much, itself cant stop hacking, he has said this himself but people choose not to listen then ask him for a response, he responds, they choose not to listen until they finally hear something they like.

To prevent "hacking" and "cheating" it has to be delt with by BI, and by BE, not by Rocket, not by DayZ, but by the source, in the engine code. But only so much can happen, with devs working on Arma 3, and devs working on DayZ Standalone, you cant expect a whole work force to be focused on old technology that was built from the ground up to be open and free. It was never designed to be restricted like Cod is or Battlefield, and even those games, heck even the multi-billion Blizzard has its issues and dont fix them over night, what do people expect from a smaller company, with a game that was built with the purpose of being open, moddable and scriptable.

All this, is on Rockets mind, a lot of pressure on him, the dev team are working very hard to come up with different solutions but while x people complain about "hacking", same amount complain about alt-f4, glitches, content, zombies, pvping, etc.etc... you have to work on everything at once.

People need to lighten up on the situation and realize the situation behind it all and stop rage posting so much because it does not help.

DayZ will end having a bad reputation.

I used to play Lineage 2 for 4 years when it came out, that mmo got such a bad reputation from the bots, ESP

and gold farmers even when NCsoft started to purge most of them they could never get over the bad reputation on that game.

It's even worse when it comes to shooter games.

A solution can't be coded up overnight. You know what can be coded up overnight? An official statement. You don't have to give away your gameplan to the hacking community with it, just provide enough to reassure the rest of your community.

The problems with dealing with hacking are easily excusable due to the nature of ArmaII and the underlying engine.

The utter lack of communication IS NOT.

Edited by random51

best thing people can do is bitch on Bohemian Interactive website if amount of complaints that were on here were on BI website maybe then there could be some change.

you all know rocket is doing all in his power to stop hacks that why dayz is a alpha because the hacker are take deveplors time to fix what they broken

A solution can't be coded up overnight. You know what can be coded up overnight? An official statement. You don't have to give away your gameplan to the hacking community with it, just provide enough to reassure the rest of your community.

The problems with dealing with hacking are easily excusable due to the nature of ArmaII and the underlying engine.

The utter lack of communication IS NOT.

I hate repeating myself... BI/BE have to deal with it, why do people harrass Rocket and the DayZ team when it has to be fixed by BI/BE and those are the once who decide on a "official statement."

That said, if you go read Rockets posts regarding it, copy+paste them all into 1 big post, and you got your statement from what only he can do.

He is also limited by what he can talk about regarding what BI do.

• Like 1

Yeah, I came to make a post about this and then decided meh...everyone's bitching about it. Anyway, I'm not one to call "HACKER!" at every little oddity I see. No, I reserve that insult only when I have proof....

It seems that there has been a huge influx of hackers in the past week. Saturday, I died from what I think was a nuke as did everyone else in the server. Sunday, I had a gigantic explosion explode on me while I was up in a tower. This wasn't a nade. It was humongous plus there was a wall of fire that went into the sky. Just now I was teleported and exploded by some weird silent item that broke my legs, there was no fire but there was smoke which happened immediately after I had been shooting at two people from 150 m and they both had God mode. They even stood up and stared at me while I was shooting at them. After probably 12 shots, I was suddenly teleported and killed.

2 days ago, the group that I play with all encountered an invisible ghillie. I've encountered the invisible ghillie before, but not in the last couple updates. Supposedly it was taken care of that's why I'm not outright calling this person a hacker (it could have been glitched), but supposedly that glitch was fixed. Mind you, I'm not playing all day either. Saturday and Sunday I played a total of 3 hours and tonight I just played a half hour....so it's not like it's been all these hackers in 20 hours....more like 3.5 hours.

...it's to the point where it's sickening.

I've played MW2 since its release back in 2009. My God, everyone called everyone a hacker in that game. I rarely called out a hacker except for those 360 degree spinning headshotting mother fuckers. I've been called a hacker probably 100 times in MW2. My point is, I am not one to call out hackers just for the shit of it. I've never created a topic about hackers in a game. I've always railed against the kids that scream everyone is a hacker because they didn't think they should have been killed. I'm at the point where I'm annoyed as shit and am stopping playing until it's updated. I understand it's an alpha and there will always be hackers, but it's been terrible for about a week.

I've even seen stupid hacked shit like a bicycle that would travel 80 mph.

• Like 1

Hackers are ruining the dayz experience.

This game puts too much on the line for hacking to exist on any level.

well, it would help though to see WHO kills who with what in the server logs

just to get rid of the script kiddies

• Like 1

Well then post 100,000 more. Cause 1000's obviously isn't enough to even get a response from someone on the issue

Pretty sure they know, besides its in alpha. Expecting a few people as a "company" to solve every problem in alpha is outright stupidity. Hacking is a major problem, will it be fixed in a week? No, a month? no, a year? Perhaps. But for now, just wait it out. 15 years of gaming and you seem to forget these things so easily.

Now if this was a fully released game with a billion dollar company, sure, i'd be asking for some responses.

I hate repeating myself... BI/BE have to deal with it, why do people harrass Rocket and the DayZ team when it has to be fixed by BI/BE and those are the once who decide on a "official statement."

That said, if you go read Rockets posts regarding it, copy+paste them all into 1 big post, and you got your statement from what only he can do.

He is also limited by what he can talk about regarding what BI do.

That's some good information, thank you.

It's unfortunate that it will never reach the majorities ears and they will continue to blame rocket for everything.

I guess these threads won't stop either.

Until my thread comes back.

Any hints on that ;D

Lol.

Take my beans. At least you put the time in to attempt an argument.

Anyways,

A. They clearly didn't read this. http://dayzmod.com/f...g-a-new-thread/

B. Sorry mate, but there isn't a 'fix hackers' switch that you can just pull and it's fixed. It's been addressed and battleye is constantly nuking hackers and constantly upgrading.

Well Thank You, I will gladly take those beanz sir.

Logic, your post has none.

littering the forums of a game where there is NO CONTROL over the hacking, is as misdirected as your rage. How is the DayZ crew responsible for what BattleEye, a client developed for ARMA2, isn't catching? Go on, explain away, I'll wait...

You want Rocket to find a different anti-cheat? How do you know his stand alone version doesn't have something different?

If nothing else, perhaps you should take your rage out on BattleEye's staff instead. DayZ doesn't develop BattleEye.

It's fine for people to post what they want, as it is also fine for the rest of us to point out where the extremely obvious "SEARCH" function is, and to teach them how to use it.

You think the devs want to comb through 1000 piss and moan threads? Or would they rather look at one?

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time, by the level of rage in your post, I'm sure you won't listen anyways... But I will say this, the fact that you're getting THIS worked up about a game means that it might be time for you to seek something that isn't going to send you to the hospital with a heart attack.

The wannabe Forum mods piss me off more than the hackers at the minute, My point was that, Instead of jumping down peoples throats for creating threads that you dont want to/or are sick of reading then just dont read them, Like seriously, Just leave them alone, They are frustrated, Angry and pissed off to the back teeth theyve lost a lot of hard earned loot and a life theyve spent so many hours playing, so to me, wether you got Volunteer forums mods on here or not, Its just not gonna stop people from venting their frustration. That is clear as day as is proven by the amount of threads about it. So again dont bother yourselves.

and Yes people know they carnt do anything about it while its in mod phase, People are still gonna creating hacking threads.

I suspect within 3 days there will be another thread just like this

• Like 1

I suspect within 3 days there will be another thread just like this

Exactly my point, whatever those forum mod wannabee`s say people will always start threads out of frustration.

Sorry DieBRotMafia, you may be right that redundant accounts are out there but I'm one of a kind (chronicler.co to see my website or dj.thechronicler on myspace). My only posts aren't related to hacking either....

For what it is worth, I played two hacking-free nights on a UK server (best ping I can manage for non-US). Perhaps we breed a-hole hackers here in the US, as when I server hopped back to retrieve some stuff in one of my tents, I got mass-teleport killed. At least it made me laugh since it happened in a 5 minute window.

Instead of telling us hacking isn't happening, try a US server for two nights and see how things go for those EU players thinking it is a non-issue (quite the opposite, it is a critical roadblock to gaming). No anger here at you.....I'm just saying that no one is bullshitting about hackers.