Gumpnstein

Hacking, Hacking, Hacking, Hacking, Hacking...

This game is KOS, and so are the forums. Posting about hacking is asking to get Killed On Sight.

What do you expect?

The same topic posted 30 times a day for 2 weeks straight.

Mostly by people completely ignorant of the situation.

Perhaps they should use the search function?

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/55031-hackers-what-you-need-to-know/

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/59998-battleyes-activity-updated-daily-with-the-effects-of-active-banwaves/#entry573468

I've read your thread Raven and gave ya muh beans as well. I understand exactly what you are saying, but some people need to vent, and this is their only place to vent. Starting a new thread.... well that's debatable, but venting because you've gotten hacked, nuked, Thunder-domed repeatedly... that is ALSO understandable.

IMO Rocket needs to ditch Arma and get a new engine/game to mod or get the standalone out FAST. I've been in countless betas, andI've seen Beta ruin the reputation of a game. this game is on the brink of that. I would love to see a standalone of this, but Arma has proven itself to be a bad game to base this mod upon.

Rocket & Team have done a great job creating a mod on this game, but it's so open to hscripts, and so full of bugs (worst inventory system ever) that it is killing the idea. The idea needs to survive, and I don't feel it will while the "Mod" is based on Amra's engine.

Edited by NotYou

Hacking does ruin this game because its a RPG like game. In this game you have to EARN everything. But hackers are hackers. There's nothing you can do about it sadly. Just hope War Z has a better anti-cheat than Battleye.

Speculating on what War Z's anti cheat system will be is like speculating how tall jack's magic bean stalk is.

I played on a sanctuary server with 6 players yesterday, because of frequently dying from hackers.

And guess what? A fucking hacker.

Also retards.

>hacker is noob, realises I'm not a noob

>gives me god mode and gets me to teach him how to play

>after a while he teleports another guy to us and we begin fucking around

>he spawns us gear and a Huey and we fly around

>after a while the other guy tells me to land because he wants to log out

>we land and get out

>other guy starts spraying us with his G36

>are you serious

>kill him

>"Whatever! I needed to die anyway, I don't want to be caught and banned using this gun!"

>sanctuary server

>he leaves and comes back on 10 minutes later

>apologises

>hacker turns him into 'z_helicopter_pilot' so he is now a zombie and has no control over himself

lol

But on a serious note, hacking/scripting is just overdone in this game. EVERY SERVER has a hacker, and if it doesn't, it has people abusing duping glitches who run around sniping people and ALT+F4 at the slightest sign of danger.

So f

We know, We know, We know, We know, We know...

Sorry mate, but there's been 1000s of these threads.

So fuckin what, dont fuckin read them if they bother you, People like you piss me off jumping down peoples throats for posting about being hacked. ts ok for people like you to post what you want to post so let others do the same, Like I said if the thread dont intrest you then fuck off and play the game. Moron !

In fact I hope the whole forums get littered to death with these threads, Because its a serious problem and needs adressing asap above anything else.

• Like 1

It's not that bad.

Nice statistics, where did you get them from? Your ass?

you basically just negated your response nr.1 with your response nr.2

There are three things making dayZ way too easy and unplayable:

1)Rapant hacking (if you never ebcountered hackers before, get on a server with more than 2 people)

2)Duping and glitched tents

3)Unlimited ammo

This three things turn the normal gameplay of dayZ:

I spawn, i collect stuff from a town with loot spawns and head north, where the better stuff is, maybe i find a low tier gun, maybe nothing

into:

I spawn, i found a camp with 25 ghillies and L85 + AS50 with ammo once, i still know where it is, i get the stuff, and have full equip after 10 minutes and have nothing to do than searching for vehicles

When searching in the night, i get sniped from 800 meters away with a .50 gun (no NVG, dark night, so probably a thermal hacked weapon)

So f

So fuckin what, dont fuckin read them if they bother you, People like you piss me off jumping down peoples throats for posting about being hacked. ts ok for people like you to post what you want to post so let others do the same, Like I said if the thread dont intrest you then fuck off and play the game. Moron !

In fact I hope the whole forums get littered to death with these threads, Because its a serious problem and needs adressing asap above anything else.

Logic, your post has none.

littering the forums of a game where there is NO CONTROL over the hacking, is as misdirected as your rage. How is the DayZ crew responsible for what BattleEye, a client developed for ARMA2, isn't catching? Go on, explain away, I'll wait...

You want Rocket to find a different anti-cheat? How do you know his stand alone version doesn't have something different?

If nothing else, perhaps you should take your rage out on BattleEye's staff instead. DayZ doesn't develop BattleEye.

It's fine for people to post what they want, as it is also fine for the rest of us to point out where the extremely obvious "SEARCH" function is, and to teach them how to use it.

You think the devs want to comb through 1000 piss and moan threads? Or would they rather look at one?

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time, by the level of rage in your post, I'm sure you won't listen anyways... But I will say this, the fact that you're getting THIS worked up about a game means that it might be time for you to seek something that isn't going to send you to the hospital with a heart attack.

Edited by kentk94

I've run into hackers twice in my 3 months of playing DayZ.

last 4 days in a row i seen hacks

i literally cannot go 5min between hacks just 5min ago i got hacked into the air and died i started another character on a diff server and got killed as soon as i spawned in :/ and when i don't get hacked in 10min i know ill get hacked soon so i just kill people on the shore for a quick laugh before i get hacked. the game is completely unplayable in my book and i personally can't wait till warz comes out.

I never had a single problem with a hacker. Learn to choose a good server and stop complaining.

• Like 2

I never had a single problem with a hacker. Learn to choose a good server and stop complaining.

Do you also tell people "the game runs fine for me, get a new computer." Useless.

• Like 1

Rocket cannot fix it , go to the battleeye website and send them a big whiney email. You are what's going to ruin the mod , turning away potential players by blowing things miles out of proportion.in the general discussion forum.

He can by moving away from a hive server model and towards a private server model.

Hacking in a game on it's alpha stage. Humans..

It's not going to leave alpha if there's no difference between a legit bug and a hack. That's why alphas are usually private so there is no outside interference.

So f

Lol.

Take my beans. At least you put the time in to attempt an argument.

Anyways,

A. They clearly didn't read this. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8512-please-read-this-before-creating-a-new-thread/

B. Sorry mate, but there isn't a 'fix hackers' switch that you can just pull and it's fixed. It's been addressed and battleye is constantly nuking hackers and constantly upgrading.

Well then post 100,000 more. Cause 1000's obviously isn't enough to even get a response from someone on the issue

As I said in another post..... People who came here for DayZ need to calm their jets a bit.

The problem is all those scripts that are being run are NOT hacks. They are designed to be part of the Arma2 game.

The regular servers have been runnign for years relying on the scripting ability built into the Arma2 engine to bring unique and fun missions and mods.

A good mission maker can create a large scale combined arms combat mission for 30 or 60 players with triggers, teleporting from debug to spawns etc all in a few hours. Not many other games make that possible.

The popularity of DayZ has brought a LOT of players who have no experience with Arma2. They don't realize what the game engine allows.

Scripting is a problem in DayZ but it is meant to be there for Arma2, that is why Battleye doesn't kick for it. The Arma2 community is also a lot more mature and tends to have more integrity regarding gaming. Yes some still script and take advantage but with regular communities, individual admins can ban them or kick them or give them a warning.

Figuring out HOW to recognize scripts being run on a regular game server as opposed to a DayZ server is not an easy task I imagine.

So yes, understanding is needed.

And for some reason i have never been hacked. The only hacked weapon i have seen was an as50 with a thermal scope and that was it... Srsly, play on the less publicated servers if its so bad on the more packed ones...

Do you also tell people "the game runs fine for me, get a new computer." Useless.

The game does run fine, except for minor glitches.

I understand your frustration, gumpnstein.

It feels like we're on a sinking ship, yet people are still complaining about the music in the elevator, the bubbles in the champagne or the decor in the bar.

The thing that really matters right now is the hackers - yet people persist in complaining about bandits, tent bugs, graphical glitches, threat of WarZ and overpowered sniper weapons.

grear analogy

Mindblowing to me that people actually pay 30$/Month to hack ... they even buy multiple cd keys (or rip off/hack people) ... dont see how hacking is more fun than playing and you only have to pay 30$ one time to play a fantastic game/alpha/mod

i'm honest ... i get the fact why people are interested in it .. i mean if its exist and since we are curios as humans we want to know ... but how many times can you spawn a fuckn helicopter alone by yourself and troll some people ... cant be fun all the time unless you are a complete retard

i'm 99% sure our camp got blown up by a hacker similiar to devildogs at the weekend ... because we found a second Huey (right at the coast, on the street in front of the lighttower near kamenka/west of balota) on our server yesterday ... so ... its pretty obvious i think ... the huey even repaired itself when we came back with the stuff to actually repair it ... lol ...

i've learned to live with the fact that you can lose everything within seconds ... so i dont really care ... part of the game for me ... but its annoying if someone just spawns in a huey or has a script that shows you where the cars are ... pointless ...

BE must be the worst "protection" software out there ...

anyway nice video .. now i know why Devil made this rage post today :-/ ... first i was like "yeeeeyy someone found his camp and blew that shit up" (mainly because he and his squad were like nobody in the world cant find them) ...but then i saw that AS50 TWS