saifallofjmr

What you guys should really be concerned about

As I predicted the game is starting to die (even with new maps). Welp.

The game has not even been born yet.

• Like 2

I believe there are a lot more factors then "you told us so" about. New games were released, schools in session, script bitches, and duping, to name a few. We don't need quests or "end game" besides the tools to effect the world around us. If you are story/quest motivated there are plenty of games for you. Some of us just want to play and make our own story. This is why we are still here.

Also 53k player in 24hrs. is not dead. I remember when games would kill to have 50k players, let alone 1.3 million accounts made.

Edited by Pendragon
  • Like 1

Well i would argue but op obviously is either

1.a warz dev (the warz devs have made accounts on here before)

2.a warz fanboy who made an account here just to do this.

But either way he obviously has sand in his vagina because he thinks his ideas are actually good and does not want to listen to other opinions so good day

Edited by captainwaffles

Anyone of you actually remember how little content DayZ really offered in the first place?

Nothing!

Maybe that's why it went viral. Instead of holding the players by their hands, spinning them a fairy tale, players were forced to make sense of the world and it's occupants themselves. They were all creating their own unique story and telling it to others on youtube, twitch and forums. Each person had a tale about unlucky encounters with zombies and ladders, about bandit ambushes, gullible survivors and heroic moments.

Maybe Rocket and his virologist brother Dr. Hall will spread breadcrumbs about the science behind this human strain of rabies, but only to add detail to the scenery, the storytelling still belongs to the players or as Rocket says on the front page:

This is DayZ. This is your story.

• Like 1

Classes: No thank you!

I make my own class in the game. In fact, I may even be against the bandit and hero skin also, however I understand how it is a necessary evil.

Story: Please, no!

There's already more than enough story in this game, i.e. the background story. Other than that, I want to make my own story. Actually, it's one of the things that make this game truly unique, as this game creates its own lore.

However, as for end game material, sure, players should be able to build stuff (board up buildings, for instance), clear towns and defend them - and maybe even find a way to bring back electricity. I dream of a game like that, and I hope we'll see it.

Edited by kebman

Rocket already said he will not force anysort of storytelling down the players throat. There will be clues spread thru out the game about what happened but that's probably it.

For endgame, it's really up to the player. To me the endgame would be setting up some sort of actual town with people living there. Some people acting as scavengers supplying the town, others as policemen keeping the town safe and stuff like that, basically just recreating some sort of civilization. We can do that already, though it needs a lot of imagination. All rocket really needs to do os give us more stuff to work with and then we can create our own 'end game' scenarios.

That is why I am making this post, that game will take most if not 40% of this game's players.

I think I know the 40% you're on about. I wish they would hurry up and leave.
  • Like 3

Gave my beans because I agree with the main point.

The DayZ community has turned into rabid conservationists who don't want anything added except graphic variety in guns/skins/etc for fear of change, but the game is not strong enough as-is to hold a common gamer for very long. It needs dynamic gameplay, and for a survivor game that means interesting enough things to risk going and doing, but the only things the community will get behind are chores. That's not going to work. You need STUFF going on that the survivor is interested in disrupting, joining, or capitalizing on.

People keep bringing up classes and perks. I don't really think that has a place in DayZ, but the logic behind the recurring suggestion is important. People focus on the 'exp bar' mechanic, but the reason that's popular isn't REALLY the perks and classes of other games, but that it drives the player in no particular direction. Shooting games let you advance all perks or get tokens to spend on them by getting achievements from a huge list, using any weapon to defeat people, or winning with objectives. MMO's let you defeat enemies, crafting, dynamic event participation, PvP and so on, all just to move the same EXP bar and manage rewards on the other side of it separately. Lots of things to do, one goal.

DayZ needs it's own carrot to keep the jackasses moving, without dead-ending them. Multiple ways to accomplish something the survivor wants (guns, food, water, gear, transport) means adding more than just variety to what we already have. It means adding NEW gameplay. Buildings, other players....what else could we put in for them to interact with?

Edited by VKX

@ VKX

Play another game. Rocket's competing product (as ugly as it is) should have plenty of objectives for you.

Edited by thebirdolux