johndstill@gmail.com

**Awesome Server Host**New Timchanging feature & Pre-whitelisted | VILAYER

Not the best first day I could have hoped for tbh.......

Oh well I guess things can only get better anyway :)

I'd be happy waiting until next week for the problem to be solved, it's just the lack of communication regarding letting everyone know it's being looked at, that's the frustrating part.

I do agree with this, I am a co-admin of my server so I don't have the email its registered under, they should have a News section or something so they can notify problems and just let us know whats up.

If the javascript is not working for them, maybe they should remove it temporarily.

Worst host ever! Canceled my sub

If this one issue makes someone "the worst host ever" and worthy of cancelling you're sub you sir are severly under-educated in how things like this work.

If the javascript is not working for them, maybe they should remove it temporarily.

It is not the type of thing you can just remove that easily, plus if they did it would decrease security significatly

Edited by Fluxis

After some investigation, I found these announcements on their Teamspeak. How long they've been there, I don't know.

The TCAdmin javascript login issue is currently being looked into and we are waiting a bug fix from the developers
If you are getting a Description: HTTP 500. Error processing request. This is because that the ACP Process on the remote servers are not responsive. We are aware of this issue and it will be taken care of as soon as possible. We are dearly sorry about this and for the timing that it has happened on.

- iH

Edited by iHighland

Apart from the problems today, what I miss is an automatic timezone/offset in the name of the server. It would be sweet if they added that.

Oh, and auto announce in game on automatic reboot. I'm not actually sure that isn't the case now though ;)

I have a server through Vilayer.com, and these guys are great. Not only the prices, but you will not find better customer service anywhere!!!!

If this one issue makes someone "the worst host ever" and worthy of cancelling you're sub you sir are severly under-educated in how things like this work.

At least it seems I am better educated as You. Cause I would have ask, why I have come to the conclusion, instead of blaming people you dont even know.

I have a server through Vilayer.com, and these guys are great. Not only the prices, but you will not find better customer service anywhere!!!!

1 Eur / slot is way too expensive, specially when you ordered a server in Germany FFM and you get a Server somewhere in Luxembourg. Besides this, the support sucks big time. Tickets were closed without any answer and if you get an answer it will läst at least 3 days. This company is not trustable at all!

FYI: We now got a server from a german hosting company with 40 slots for roughly 0,60 Eur / slot, with better perfomance, better support and a far better ping.

What is current order setup time for a USA server? Any promo codes?

1 Eur / slot is way too expensive, specially when you ordered a server in Germany FFM and you get a Server somewhere in Luxembourg. Besides this, the support sucks big time. Tickets were closed without any answer and if you get an answer it will läst at least 3 days. This company is not trustable at all!

FYI: We now got a server from a german hosting company with 40 slots for roughly 0,60 Eur / slot, with better perfomance, better support and a far better ping.

Tickets regarding the tcadmin issue were closed because there was already a notice on the site in regards to it.

Heh. I'm about to recommend to the Server Admin we go with a different host. 30+ hours of downtime now with no resolution. Been on their Teamspeak the past two nights for a combined total of 15 hours or so..

Heard from one of their guys saying the server was stopped and he started it.

Hadn't started.. wasn't reporting in server selection.

Told him that and he asked me who the TCadmin user was... told him that... and that I was on Teamspeak and what my handle was...

and then nothing more.

Silly thing was I was on their Teamspeak with the ticket number in my handle like they say. Instead of sending me emails they could have talked to me directly and yet... here we are..

It is getting beyond frustrating.

At least it seems I am better educated as You. Cause I would have ask, why I have come to the conclusion, instead of blaming people you dont even know.

I'm obviously assuming it's going off of what has been happening lately, but please before you say "I am better educated as You" please learn some better English.

Edited by Fluxis

I'm obviously assuming it's going off of what has been happening lately, but please before you say "I am better educated as You" please learn some better English.

I am really sorry, Sir, but English is not my native language: But I guess you, as high educated person, are able to speak nearly every language of the world perfectly including esperanto.Instead of getting personal to someone, You should better focus on the topic. You, as high educated person, should have enough arguments against my conclusion. I give you the arguments for the conclusion, vilayer.com beeing the worst host ever, in a short list, so you, as highly educated person, will have a better overview, cause of my really bad english:

1) Price too high: 1 EUR / slot is just rediculous.

2) Vilayer.com is breaking the contract: Server is not located in Germany even they are telling you that it is. (Tracert for the win)

3) Support is nearly not existent, and if it provides no solution.

4) Servers are laggy if more than 30 ppl are connected.

I am really sorry, Sir, but English is not my native language: But I guess you, as high educated person, are able to speak nearly every language of the world perfectly including esperanto.Instead of getting personal to someone, You should better focus on the topic. You, as high educated person, should have enough arguments against my conclusion. I give you the arguments for the conclusion, vilayer.com beeing the worst host ever, in a short list, so you, as highly educated person, will have a better overview, cause of my really bad english:

1) Price too high: 1 EUR / slot is just rediculous.

2) Vilayer.com is breaking the contract: Server is not located in Germany even they are telling you that it is. (Tracert for the win)

3) Support is nearly not existent, and if it provides no solution.

4) Servers are laggy if more than 30 ppl are connected.

yeah, that would be $50.84 for a 40 slot server in my currency... Thats half the price of a dedicated here... way too high $$...

1) Price is just fine, really.

2) Yep I agree and I'm thinkig to get my money back... I've picked up Germany as hosting place and got Netherlands, srsly?

3) Well, sent few PMs and got replies I needed. All done within few hours.

4) Dunno, had no more than 10 players tops as the server is running from yesterday evening :)

Well what sucks is Location ID - i wanted to have PL mark as location and they gave me LU (dayzmod.com to be exact) and they CAN'T change it as it is real server location ID. Doh... this sucks. At least let me put what I want and hide this real server location :<

Well what sucks is Location ID - i wanted to have PL mark as location and they gave me LU (dayzmod.com to be exact) and they CAN'T change it as it is real server location ID. Doh... this sucks. At least let me put what I want and hide this real server location :<

That is a rule set by DayZ and not Vilayer. Open a ticket with dayz at support.dayzmod.com and ask for a PL country code.

I know that and I've contacted dayzmod.com support - answer was: no.

So I ordered a UK location when ordering,they set it up in Luxembourg,,,,, my server is due for renewal in 2 weeks

Are you able to move my server to the UK or not?

So I ordered a UK location when ordering,they set it up in Luxembourg,,,,, my server is due for renewal in 2 weeks

Are you able to move my server to the UK or not?

Aitchy, if you pop into TS its a great way to get ahold of lee. He can sort you out. Lee.netarus is his skype

TS: ts3.vilayer.com

Johnny

When you order with Vilayer they give you an option for "location routing". This is not where the server is physically located (even though it might suggest otherwise).

As stated on their order form page:

"All of our Europe servers are physically located in Luxembourg but this is what you will approximately ping."

We also offer French Locations and a UK location will be online soon too.

US:

Scranton, PA

NY

Miami

Seattle

Los Angeles

Texas

Arizona

Anything else is a location routing option with internet pipelining for better pings