unsobill

why sacrifice carebears safety for sake of bandits ?

I am for the removal of the bandit skin but something needs to be implemented.

while for realism and immersion its better to have it removed. certain players play Dayz like COD or some other game in teams, abusing mechanics (have teams, one guy with no shit loots, if he dies just wait till he gets back there again e.t.c.) just to go around killing people for fun.

And then again while the goal is for immersion it is a game, so there should still be some game elements.

Its a tough line to draw for rocket and the mod team... but i feel they are doing a good job atm.

Just one thing i dont like is the lack of punishment. I think a Player kill near a city should be like voip in a city, zombies will spawn in the city and then aggro towards the players.

And i am a bandit now btw. i killed a player because i was low on ammunition and food at night, i saw him with his flashklight on proned in the field 200m away, took pot shots with my enfield and killed him in 4 shots. I would consider that kind of gameplay still valid and shouldnt be punished.

But the guys that go around looking for survivors or other bandits to kill to just make them mad, this should be stopped as it isnt realistic in anyway at all.

Quite simple, people who ask where the advantage lies in being a bandit, pointing out that all can do what they like on the same footing.

Well, the game encourages you to kill others. There is nothing to loose by doing so, and there is a lot to win.

Being a survivor is a heck of a lot more difficult than being a bandit.

Going bandit is simply playing DayZ on easy mode. Finding loot takes time and is dangerous. Killing others that have done the job for you is much faster. That's why alot of people complain. There should be downsides and benefits for both playstyles. As it is today, there is no benefits in going survivor, and alot of benefits for going bandit.

As if this game needed more of them...

Yeah the issue i have is players that hop on DayZ to grief or just kill as much as possible.

If you checked the stats' date=' you would've seen that less than 10% of all players had the bandit skin. On the leaderboards, when filtered by the amount of murders, you would've seen that pretty much everyone on there had a bandit skin.

Conclusion: People with a bandit skin kill lots of people.

[/quote']

That's such a stupid argument I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Of course the top positions in amount of murders was wearing bandit skins. You got it by shooting people.

Your conclusion is flawed. Just like the skin system was.

It's not like there's any reason to cooperate with other players. I want to like this mod, and I intend to follow it's development, but as it is right now it's far too much all out deathmatch for my taste. I lasted literally less than five seconds before I was shot once.

Ironically, the one time someone didn't shoot me on sight and offered to let me travel with them, one of the two had a bandit skin.

Bandit skin or no, vast majority of "survivors" shoot first, no hesitation.

As it looks like now, there incentives to kill other survivors vastly outnumber the incentives to either team up or just go your separate ways.

Hello im EvilSausage....and im a bandit, I enjoy killing people.

Problem is even if i would want to be friendly, none would trust me because of the skin i got. (Yeah i know...its racist!)

The first day i played DayZ it was kinda nice as a survivor, most players where new and really wanted to play vs zombies.

But the PVP aspect of the game is fun and when you start getting decent gear i just find it too risky to trust a stranger.

The last time i tried to do it i got shot in the face.

If i team up i team up with friends, other then that i don't really see a reason why i should let a enemy player live. Especially if he seems to have some useful stuff.

Only time i can let players live is if they are just running around in starting gear. Since i have no use for any of there loot.

But I actually would not mind if there was more encouregment to interact with other players. But people should still have the option to kill eachother.

Going bandit is simply playing DayZ on easy mode.

Please tell me you're kidding me. :/

Currently, playing a bandit is the same, if not harder than playing a survivor. EVERYONE is out to kill you, no exceptions. Fellow bandits will likely shoot you, and any survivor that sees you will have a free target on you.

There is nothing easy about playing a bandit, unless you're in a group of bandits. Even then, it's not always easy.

Being a bandit entails staying in well-populated areas. This includes Cherno. I don't know if you've noticed, but Cherno is pretty busy. It's rather easy for anyone to randomly happen across a bandit who might be looking for prey in or around Cherno or Elektro.

Even worse, having a bandit skin almost forces you to stay a bandit. I wanted to stop my banditry a few days ago, but I couldn't, seeing as the moment a survivor saw me, he'd attack me and force me to kill him, locking me in a perpetual loop of being stuck with a bandit skin.

Simply because rocket wants realism, and getting a different type of cloth that says "SHOOT ME PLEASE" when you kill someone is not realistic.

Shut your mouth, please. You're pathetic.

Someone really needs to define "carebear" once and for all, because it sounds more like an insult than anything.

When people use it as a general term, "survivor" works even better given context, but it's used more as an insult than anything.

A Carebear goes out of his or her way to help other players. The Carebear doesn't shoot bandits until he asks them " Are you friendly ?" and if the bandit answers yes, the Carebear will assist him despite his skin.

Carebear is only an insult if you are a straight up, stone cold killer who shows no mercy whatsoever.

If you aren't then being called a Carebear should be considered a compliment since we all know it is much harder to survive past Day Zero if you are constantly exposing yourself.

A survivor does whatever it takes to survive and if that means shooting some guy because he just happened upon you in the dark of night, then so be it.

A bandit is destructive, a survivor reactionary and the Carebear is pro-active.

The full slice of humanity, even without a little meter to measure it.

i see complaints about people who play the game like CoD and go around killing everyone for fun.

i know there are two types of people who will be doing this

1) stupid ones just looking to shoot on sight and not being remotely tactical

2) smart ones that use cover, stealth and deception to achieve their kills

If you die to the first one, whether you're alone or in a group, that's your problem for being stupid enough to die to some guy running around shooting everyone he sees.

The second one is a legitimate threat, and because of it you think you can't team up with anyone, but when you do team up with people and you work together, covering each other and gathering information before you made your move, at most a bandit might be able to suicide attack and kill one of you before he was gunned down. and its not that fun for the bandit unless you start raging at them, then they might consider it worth it maybe? but really, what is a stranger you havent met doing in the middle of your co-ordinated raid on a town, point your guns at him and make him leave, and shoot him if you really think he's going to shoot you.

and what happens if you meet a group of bandits? you get to have a skirmish with them. skirmishes are actually really fun in this game.

a group of survivors / carebears who use their head will fare SIGNIFICANTLY better.

There's only so much you can do going it alone, there's safety in numbers. survivors and carebears haven't realised this yet, and are just like LOL ILL SHOOT ON SIGHT IN CASE THEY'RE A BANDIT

MasterCaution' pid='73037' dateline='1338092958']

A Carebear goes out of his or her way to help other players. The Carebear doesn't shoot bandits until he asks them " Are you friendly ?" and if the bandit answers yes' date=' the Carebear will assist him despite his skin.

Carebear is only an insult if you are a straight up, stone cold killer who shows no mercy whatsoever.

If you aren't then being called a Carebear should be considered a compliment since we all know it is much harder to survive past Day Zero if you are constantly exposing yourself.

A survivor does whatever it takes to survive and if that means shooting some guy because he just happened upon you in the dark of night, then so be it.

[/quote']

That's not how I'm reading these posts.

I'm reading "carebear" as a general insult, on the same level as "wuss, whimp, etc" because the general usage of the word in context is to demean players because they do not want or see the point in mass wastes of ammunition in the form of killing players for fun.

As i understand devs sacrificed safety of carebears for the sake of bandit lovers after removing bandit skins.

Why was it done ?

Was it done because too many tough bandit lovers shed tears in their pillow and complained after constantly being killed by carebears ?

I know humanity will be removed I just don't understand why bandit lovers complain in every suggestion thread that there should be no changes to balance ? LOL they received major advantage over carebears and still complain that it won't be "fair" to somehow further brainstorm on how to balance out between carebears/bandit classes.

bandits really you can't play like tough boys so you need a little handicap ?

Right, because that oh-so-lovely skin really stopped bandits from sniping me right?

Seriously, the ONLY thing this did was make people not work with anyone who had bandit skin and shoot them on sight.

Didnt matter if that bandit skin was "earned" by shooting survivors in the head for their beans, or from defending yourself from other survivors trying to take your beans (but not being branded "bandits" yet).

I actually got a bandit skin from exactly that more than once. And i was usually summarily executed by some survivor not far after that (since i kept playing like i had earlier, trying to help people out and generally being a nice guy), most of the times accompanied by a "you get what you deserve bandit scum" comment.

No, bandit skins didnt work as intended and needed to be reomved. Just because you lost your "kill-without-regret" card, doesnt mean the bandits won or anything like that.

It just means that you have to judge people on their actions instead of their looks.

To me it seems as though it'll go from one extreme to the other. with bandit skins there's only so much killing you can do before earning the bandit skin and hence privilege of being shot at on sight. even though bandits can still exploit it by transfusing each other to get their survivor skin back it was something you had to grind and hence still a downside to pointless killing. with no downside to killing there's not really any reason not to, hence everyone's concern it'll turn into a PVP fest and be less about the zombie survival.

my solution: double or triple the number of zombies. make it ridiculously hard to loan-wolf the game, so that even if it is very pvp heavy, at least it'll be groups of people forced to work together which i believe was rocket's intention. you only have to look at a few patches ago (which went from SFA zombies to plagues of zombies) to see that the number of zombies had more effect on reducing pointless killing than player skins.

but that's just like my opinion man.

TLDR - more zombies to balance the game with bandit skin removal.

Basically yes.

only reason to remove bandit skins is so that the bandits can go around greifing.

with the skins you could just feel safe in that every bandit you kill is OK with your survivor standing. Now you might as well merk everyone you see. why not?

I honestly can't get over how retarded this argument is.

'Herp I think the removael of da bandit skinz is going to turn it into a FFA deathmacth' date=' so I'm just going to shoot every wun I see.'

YOU are the only problem in this change.

[/quote']

I think it's funny how they don't see themselves as the actual problem.

You and your crybaby buddies are the fucking problem.

Get your special blanket anc go back to your crib !

MasterCaution' pid='73037' dateline='1338092958']

A Carebear goes out of his or her way to help other players. The Carebear doesn't shoot bandits until he asks them " Are you friendly ?" and if the bandit answers yes' date=' the Carebear will assist him despite his skin.

[/quote']

That's not how I'm reading these posts.

I'm reading "carebear" as a general insult, on the same level as "wuss, whimp, etc" because the general usage of the word in context is to demean players because they do not want or see the point in mass wastes of ammunition in the form of killing players for fun.

You are reading it that way because you want to see the average DayZ player as some kind of "bad guy" who is exploiting the game by killing other players.

You need to read Rocket's statement on what HIS conception of the mod he created is and stop trying to impose your own vision on the mod.

I am elevating Carebear beyond those who simply whine and cry because they can not or will not adapt to the gameplay of the mod.

I don't kill other players for "fun" nor do I waste ammo when i kill because that would not fit the survival mode that this game calls for.

You have tried to occupy the moral high ground but you have failed to see the true terrain of this mod. There is no high ground unless you create it yourself and, more importantly, defend it.

But you are just like so many others who can't hack it. You complain and whine like a little child and then wonder why people treat you like a child.

Grow up.

Accept the reality that is in front of you and embrace it ....or STFU and go play a single player game.