Sign in to follow this  
{420}Mr.Smiley

For the love of christ, learn how to use direct communication!!

I understand theres alot of noobies in the game, but PLEASE look over the controls or some tutorials or play the game before you dive into dayz. I understand they use group chat because they dont know how to change channels, but they have to learn some day, ive watched play throughs by big time youtubers like seananners and after their 20th playthrough they STILL use group chat and wonder why no one talks back to them.... shits ridiculous.

• Like 9

Oh, you notice that too? Shit hits the fan when people like them record themselves playing and not knowing half the controls.

*Run into generic supermarket*

*Find player*

Me -DC: "Friendly?"

*Blank stare from survivor*

Me - DC: "...it's the "," key to direct chat..."

Survivor: "FRIENDLYFRIENDLYFRIENDLY"

* facepalm *

**Enactment only valid for unarmed individuals...

I agree...it's scary enough wandering onto a player let alone if they don't respond or have a weapon to shoot back.

• Like 5

lul, most the people who dont give a fuck about the controls or talkin to people correctly are just bandits anyways treatin the game like CoD, not that im hating on bandits but i dont think theyve ever had experience with arma and just bought the game for the mod let alone played any military sims.

I'm sorry I don't love christ. Maybe if you give me another reason I'll learn how to use direct communication.

Quick question:

Can people in Group Chat hear people using Direct Communication? I would really like to know... and I do agree with your post. People need to learn that.

we have less than 10% of players in the community...90% noob kiddies? i see a lot of guests reading the forum but they seem to avoid the new player section, my best friend in my first dayz

and yeah, leave christ alone....remember the realism

Edited by Bludy

Quick question:

Can people in Group Chat hear people using Direct Communication? I would really like to know... and I do agree with your post. People need to learn that.

Your fellow man? Or your inbred brain :)

I'm sorry I don't love christ. Maybe if you give me another reason I'll learn how to use direct communication.

Group chat is for talking to people in the lobby, so if your stuck in waiting for character to create and other people are too... or your in the lobby after a server restart people will hear you. Otherwise only direct communication works ingame on foot.

Quick question:

don't think it matters what chat you're currently 'in' (as in which one you're currently speaking in, '.' key to change) as far as I know, you should see all messages in their respective colors, for example if you're in group you should still see a white microphone pop up if someone is speaking in direct, or a yellow one if someone is speaking in vehicle (provided you're close enough for direct/in a vehicle with them for vehicle).

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, been so long since I've found someone who didn't shoot on sight (other than people for trades/clan members but they use out of game comms like Skype/Mumble/Ts3 etc.)

Edited by Jaycat

don't think it matters what chat you're currently 'in'

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, been so long since I've found someone who didn't shoot on sight (other than people for trades/clan members but they use out of game comms like Skype/Mumble/Ts3 etc.)

It does matter, people probably shot you because you were trien to talk in group chat, people will ONLY hear you ingame while on foot if your using direct communication, nothing else

It should be direct channel by default.

Btw, I've been in the military. You didn't have to switch chat channels there.

• Like 2

You also didnt have to worry about falling 2 feet and breaking a leg, or worry about hackers that are invisible, teleport, are godmoded, can spawn items, and unleash nukes that kill everyone without no real warning. You also didnt have to worry about zombies that can run very fast but never hit you if your running or prism graphical glitches that will rape your eyes. Alas, theres channals for different places to chat in it, WHY GOD WHYYYYYY

• Like 1

really? cause I did, platoon, company and battalion channels...

• Like 1

Not to mention switching between section channels on the PRR for a quick chat or an RV.

It doesn't matter what channel you're in, you hear what's relevant to you i.e. Vehicle chat in the case of DayZ. Only people in your vehicle will hear it.

The chats arent meant to be like some kind of radio its just different ways to physically talk to people (remember this is a zombie apocolypse and i dont see my guy talking into a walky talky) in different ways, and just like the inventory system, combat system and movement its very unfriendly to users

I've been on servers where direct comm wasn't working. :x Luckily neither of us shot each other.

When somebody stood in front of you asking you if you're gonna shot him or not, you picked the appropriate channel first? My troops weren't that sophisticated. We just talked to each other. Quite oldschool. I know.

I understand theres alot of noobies in the game, but PLEASE look over the controls or some tutorials or play the game before you dive into dayz. I understand they use group chat because they dont know how to change channels, but they have to learn some day, ive watched play throughs by big time youtubers like seananners and after their 20th playthrough they STILL use group chat and wonder why no one talks back to them.... shits ridiculous.

seems legit.

how do i play big booty bitches over direct

Like in real life. Show them your big gun.

When somebody stood in front of you asking you if you're gonna shot him or not, you picked the appropriate channel first? My troops weren't that sophisticated. We just talked to each other. Quite oldschool. I know.

Well I was in a M1A1 Abrams, so noone stood in front of me and asked .... they ran like hell..

You also didnt have to worry about falling 2 feet and breaking a leg, or worry about hackers that are invisible, teleport, are godmoded, can spawn items, and unleash nukes that kill everyone without no real warning. You also didnt have to worry about zombies that can run very fast but never hit you if your running or prism graphical glitches that will rape your eyes. Alas, theres channals for different places to chat in it, WHY GOD WHYYYYYY

AHA! I knew the prism glitch was not only me. Airfield rapes my eyes....

Not quite real life but it is still quite the game :D