Sign in to follow this  
Ozelot (DayZ)

Why do YOU Kill On Sight?

128 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you KOS?

• I don't want to be killed by other players.
    • I want their equipment.
    • I find it more challenging, or fun.
    • I like to get as many murders as I can.
    • I just want them to die.
    • To prove I'm better.
    • Some other reason. (Explain below)

Poll topic.

I think a lot of us are curious as to the reasoning behind KOS philosophies.

A lot of people think that it's something that needs to be toned down in DayZ. A lot of people disagree with that and think that it adds an important aspect to the mod's character and that any change to it is not worthwhile.

In either case, I think it's important to figure out WHY people KOS.

I kill because I protect my group.

I provide overwatch when we're raiding towns.

I have killed three people but I have slaughtered countless animals for meat >:D

I chose "some other reasons":

I am a bandit who holds up players and robs them if they have things that I wish to acquire. If they do not obey my commands they die. [For example: If I tell them not to turn around to the direction of the voice and they do otherwise, they die.]

I also shoot on sight if I know that the player has either been murdering other players for no good reason, has murdered a friend, etc.

I don't kill new spawns. I don't kill people that aren't a threat.

• Like 1

I just find it fun and challenging.

My reward is their equipment, but that's not the reason.

Also, I used to not kill anyone, no matter what. I was a friendly player.

But since no one else was, I changed too. That's another reason.

I try to warn them, they keep following me, I cant lose them, so I think they just want to kill people. So I kill them first.

I don't usually kill on sight. But when I do, it's because I don't have the upper hand.

I kill on sight because if i dont ill get killed by the person i see.

Ive tried to be nice 17 times, i got killed on sight.

Now i kill on sight.

~silent

• Like 1

I hunt at night with my silenced assault rifle, so I gues it's the fun of stalking people. I like following them arround for minutes and leave them completely in the dark and when they're looting something... BAM! I loot their bodies too, but mostly for ammo and medical supplies, so the loot doesn't interest me that much, it's just the fun of messing with people.

• Like 1

I chose "some other reasons":

I am a bandit who holds up players and robs them if they have things that I wish to acquire. If they do not obey my commands they die. [For example: If I tell them not to turn around to the direction of the voice and they do otherwise, they die.]

I also shoot on sight if I know that the player has either been murdering other players for no good reason, has murdered a friend, etc.

I don't kill new spawns. I don't kill people that aren't a threat.

And that's exactly why players should have an option to disarm, grab the idiot by the throat and bitch slap them!

I just want them to die. Like this one time, I ran into a warehouse and saw an unarmed guy, probably a new survivor just laying there, staring at me and moving around. Just took my pistol and shot him in the head and that was that.

And that's exactly why players should have an option to disarm, grab the idiot by the throat and bitch slap them!

Haha, yes!

The only time I kill on sight is when i'm traveling with my friends. I met three people yesterday at different points in the day at the NWAF all with better gear than me, but all had their sidearms out against my SMG (and one of them was silenced). I saw each of them about a second before they saw me. Let 'em live simply because they were the first people this life that didn't shoot at me first.

I'm running with a sniper rifle...and since everyone says that sniper rifles carriers are bandits they shoot me on sight, that's why I kill them from a far range before they even see me. It's some kind of a circle but yea, I personally wouldnt shoot everyone I see, but there's no other choise

I used to not kill on sight but after being fucked over constantly for being nice to people or not shooting on sight I now usually fire on sight when I see people. It depends though, I bumped into someone as I was leaving the south barracks at the North World Airfield; I just legged it rather than shoot.

Your poll is missing the

"Don't know, never have KOS someone so far."

option.....

Edited by TheStoryteller01

I picked the most dominant of my reasons as my vote, however I kill for a variety of reasons.

I don't want to be killed by other players obviously, kill or be killed mentality.

I always loot my kills, if for nothing more than curiousity, but more often than not you probably have something I'll claim as my own.

In a way it is a bit more challenging, nobody can really deny that once you grow familiar to a zombie's patterns, there isn't much of a challenge.

I also consider my murder counter a sort of measure of my survival success, in the sense of "this is how many survivors I've outplayed", a sort of survival of the fittest mentality if you will.

I don't kill to prove I'm better, no leaderboards anymore anyhow. I don't just want people to die, I don't want to watch the world burn... I would be less inclined to kill if I wasn't sure every person I came across wanted me face down in a ditch so they could take my gear.

P.S. None of my reasons are listed in any particular order.

I don't KoS if I can help it. If I hear shots i'll go the other way, if the shots are coming at me, I'll respond in kind to let them know I'm not a soft target. If I've no other option (such as bumping into somebody in a building) I'll shoot to avoid getting shot myself, if they're still alive, i'll bandage them then get out of dodge.

I don't hate on bandits, they add to the excitement, but the positive interactions are what make the game worthwhile to me.

Stress relief. I feel happier knowing ive ruined someones day a little , its also a nice challenge,

Because the people who play this game are generally a degenerate pile of shit.

I mean this in the most endearing way possible.

~Sol