Fusty (DayZ)

Lee Enfield/Mosin Nagant

Whats the deal with the lee enfield, a BRITISH gun being found just about everywhere in Chernarus along with its ammo, the .303 (not made in russia) , and yet the mosin nagant, with its 7.62x54R ammunition produced commonly in russia, the most produced bolt action gun in the world, made in RUSSIA, is non existant? I am a huge mosin nagant fan and it makes me sad theyre not here :l.

• Like 32

Beans for you because I love the Nagant, too, and I'd love to see it in the game. Anytime I go to the range with my brother it's required that he bring it.

Edited by Voxgizer
  • Like 3

this has been mentioned numerous times just search and bring the other thread back to life next time.

A mosin nagant would be awesome from an immersion standpoint, but in terms of gameplay I don't see much difference. Well, except for the iron sights i suppose.

Edited by Nakor

this has been mentioned numerous times just search and bring the other thread back to life next time.

Not directly like this thread. Also, on most forums, gravedigging is discouraged. I am not your typical 3 brain celled forum poster.

In regards to the other posts, thanks for the support.

Edited by Fusty

My brother also owns a Mosin, and we also bring it to the range in the summer. I thought the same thing about the Enfield and I would like to see the Nagant in the game too.

• Like 2

A mosin nagant would be awesome from an immersion standpoint, but in terms of gameplay I don't see much difference. Well, except for the iron sights i suppose.

Mosin Nagant is standard for zero at 300 yards, enfield has about a 100, has a 5 round internal magazine instead of 10 round detachable, the nagant has a wider bullet, and ofcourse, like you said, different iron sights. Significant gameplay difference.

Edited by Fusty
  • Like 1

I am not your typical 3 brain celled forum poster.

No actually, you're not so special that you get to make the same thread every other retard has made a thousand times without reading information on the issue beforehand.

The enfield is already in arma, the mosin is not. Gameplay wise they fill the exact same role. The team would need new art and code specifically for the mosin to implement it, but they used what was available. The team could have access to ample content but in my experience they have no time to actually implement it when devoting so much effort to actually programming the game and its support

Edited by HarryO)))

No actually, you're not so special that you get to make the same thread every other retard has made a thousand times without reading information on the issue beforehand.

The enfield is already in arma, the mosin is not. Gameplay wise they fill the exact same role. The team would need new art and code specifically for the mosin to implement it, but they used what was available. The team could have access to ample content but in my experience they have no time to actually implement it when devoting so much effort to actually programming the game and its support

For your first line, I would like to say that "every other retard" is not me, and they probably cannot even formulate a proper rebuttle to naysayers like you, and thats why the thread dies. Forget those threads

I find it hard to believe they could not devote a few extra hours every week or two to coding in a few more realistic weapons, and with all of the sales DayZ is generating for Bohemia, I bet bohemia is tripping over themselves to give rocket as many coders as he wants to make this game into a developed product, with more realistic firearms for one.

• Like 4

Great idea. Since these rifles where standard weapons in WW2, one should assume that in rural areas a lot of war veterans (or their descendants) still have one in their house.

Would be nice since it would allow svd ammo to be more common. But there would need to be varying conditions of the mosins because some you buy can be nice and smooth and just feel perfect, well others can has bad bolts, bad sights, and much more. Plus considering these are used mosins and I doubt are really cared for.

Would be nice since it would allow svd ammo to be more common. But there would need to be varying conditions of the mosins because some you buy can be nice and smooth and just feel perfect, well others can has bad bolts, bad sights, and much more. Plus considering these are used mosins and I doubt are really cared for.

In a perfect world, my friend.....Im willing to comprimise for just mosins!

I personally own a Mosin... I love it... and yes it only makes sense they are in the game !

You got my beans, I own two Nagants and while I understand some British made weapons found at helo crash sites. Having the Lee Enfield all over the friggin place and not a nagant in sight is kinda dumb.

Been suggested before and a gigantic thread was made about it. People even made models for it and offered to give it to Rocket, not sure what came of it.

Been suggested before and a gigantic thread was made about it. People even made models for it and offered to give it to Rocket, not sure what came of it.

Fully aware of the other threads, however as you know they died, and gravedigging as far as I know is discouraged, and I wont let this one die. If Rocket posts here, or if this thread really explodes, then we can pull out those models, or simply go from where we need to, I would really like to get this done.

I like the idea but the problem doesn't lie with Rocket not putting it in, the problem I think is that ARMA 2 doesn't have that gun.

Beans for you because I love the Nagant, too, and I'd love to see it in the game. Anytime I go to the range with my brother it's required that he bring it.

So much fun to shoot, eh?!