Spidey (DayZ)

What exactly is Lingor Island ?

Ive seen some posts with this Lingor Island in them but I dont really know what is it. As far as I understand it, its just some thiefy team that stole DayZ code and created a new map ?

From my point of view, I think it would be awesome if Rocket could actually implement that map into Chernarus, but thats just my speculation.

Also, are there servers with this map? Or what is it about? If I join one, is it going to be "unnoficiall" ? Like I would join a cracked server?

Thanks for answers :)

There are a few servers floating around. Although most of them are in the EU side of the world. Its basically the same DayZ code applied to a new map that has a more tropical feel. More enterable buildings and whatnot too.

post-27998-0-43155900-1344006434_thumb.j

It's like a private hive, just on a different map. Take Chernarus, remove 95% of the forests/fields, make most buildings enterable and multiply all military loot hotspots by 4 and you have Lingor Island.

That actually sounds pretty awesome

It's a custom map that is popular within the Arma community.

Edited by Fosty99

Yeah i wanna see this become a official dayz map.

• Like 2

i think the Namalsk map but be much better suited than Lingor myself and there is a STALKER mod that uses the island already and the Namalsk Crisis / shadows of Namalsk mod with campaigns also. video here ok.

and STALKER one also
  • Like 2

It's a custom map that is popular within the Arma community.

Exactly. There are loads of really great Arma2 custom maps made by the community. DayZ happens to be easily ported to different maps. Some one jumped the gun and ported DayZ accross unofficialy.

Rocket has stated that he would like to get DayZ working on some of the other good Arma2 maps/islands. My guess is he is wating until most of the main bugs are fixed, and main features are in place before he goes ahead and adds support *officially* for these 3rd party islands.

If your a DayZ fan I would suggest supporting Rocket and not use these unofficial Lingor servers. We will get these islands eventually.

Edited by SeanOfTheDead
  • Like 7

i think the Namalsk map but be much better suited than Lingor myself and there is a STALKER mod that uses the island already and the Namalsk Crisis / shadows of Namalsk mod with campaigns also. video here ok.

and STALKER one also

Ah, I use to play that a lot!

Great map and mod:D

• Like 1

Played it the other day, it's shit.

Far to open, waaaay to many buildings around, people spawn at military spawns

• Like 1

Played it the other day, it's shit.

Far to open, waaaay to many buildings around, people spawn at military spawns

Far too open and way too many buildings? Care to explain?

• Like 1

There's very little cover, like no forest areas.

It'd just become a giant sniper fest, imo.

There were also many small town that had absolutely no loot at all

And by many, I mean one every 500m

Edited by jdz

There's very little cover, like no forest areas.

It'd just become a giant sniper fest, imo.

There were also many small town that had absolutely no loot at all

And by many, I mean one every 500m

Hello there

Lingor? No cover?

Much of it is very jungle like, one can only assume you were in a "desert" type area.

The amount of loot, for me was also fine, if not a bit too common.

rgds

LoK

It is to small for dayz, there are too many Islands and some Islands even need a boat to enter them.

Terrible for DayZ.

... chernarus is 14x12 squares on the map, lingor is 10x10squares on the map. its not tiny by any regard, and theres plenty of thick jungle thats much thicker and easier to hide tents in than any i have seen in chernarus. bigger denser bushes.

me and my pals have been enjoying it for a few days... private hive and forced extra download = less hackers. hackers are lazy and just wanna join a server and see everyone die, why would they bother downloading an extra 500mg map, updating, adding hotfixes for it and whatnot... just to do the same thing and see names scroll dead in a different place... they are douches but they arent retarded.

i have seen a couple hackers, but they were banned, private hives have more security options as well and havent had any deeper security options hidden from them, like the ones on regular servers have.

Chernarus: 80% if empty forest/countryside ( not a bad thing, though), more non enter-able buildings than enter-able, open as well to some degree but tress are good at hiding you and the smaller towns are....very small

Lingor island: 80% of it is buildings were nearly all are enterable, so many hot spawn places in the game that you could be safe enough to enter them like they are normal, tress dont provide much cover and is a snipers paradise to some degree ( not that bad since most people don't know the map much hehe)

Both are quite different and offer kinda differnet experiences, both are good and it would be nice if it became official as well.

Edited by sunnz