kitta

People shooting unarmed people, why?

I must add that i only break legs of non speaking players, if they say friendly i would help them, last time i helped a non speaking guy, he killed me the second he found a weapon.

• Like 1

Because I can, because this is the sandbox which is exactly done for this.

Also it's even more fun if he can't respawn using the respawn button.

You are a disgrace to gamers everywhere. People like you ought to have their IDs database-banned for admitting to this behavior and attitude--the community would benefit from it. Shame on you.

Dude, you're a monster. I hope u lose your hands in real life so you cant play anymore.

You have lowered yourself to his level, or below. Shame on you.

Inappropriate is my middle name.

And yes, I still hope that something happens with his hand. Maybe losing them was to much, but parkinson?

It wasn't inappropriate--it was just plain wrong.

You should talk with some people who have debilitating, incurable diseases before you wish them on anyone. It could happen to you someday. You should be utterly ashamed of yourself for saying such a thing. Grow up.

I must add that i only break legs of non speaking players, if they say friendly i would help them, last time i helped a non speaking guy, he killed me the second he found a weapon.

You sir, can have my beans. Thats the way i want to see it.

• Like 1

there is a reason no other sandbox game has made it out of alpha testing without locking down player interaction....

everything gets reduced to the lowest common denominator.

In the same way a chain is only as strong as it weakest link... who cares about all the other features (the other chain links) when it’s the interaction between players that is the let down? (lack of interaction above “target”"torture victim" "grief prey")

Add in better zombies? Pointless..

Add in better animations? Pointless..

Add in story and other elements? Pointless

More survival options? pointless

You can’t change human beings.... which is why we invented society and all its laws in the first place. To control and reduce the nastier side of human interaction... the fact we get pleasure from hurting each other. SS prison guards are not born, they are made. Simply by giving them the power.

The worst aspect of human beings is, if they can’t drag themselves up, then they try to drag everyone else down to their level...

And that is probably the best way to describe game play now, a bit of a drag... griefers are usually pretty rare, because people are there for other reasons.. griefing seems to becoming the only reason to play this game... I don’t want to survive, I want to kill the noob who just shot me in the back, or im bored of surviving im going to annoy new players.(because i have been here longer and deserve to be allowed too, and have tents rammed with stuff)

or, why look for stuff when its easier to script/dupe/hop in what you need, if you aint cheating then you aint trying...

(the lowest common denominator)

sandbox games are like control, an illusion.. they only work single player or co op.

Edited by Quadg
  • Like 3

"all iv seen before and after the infection is people killing people, nothing has changed"

• Like 1

I'm a bandit, but I don't kill unarmed. Just seems wrong, if I hear a heartbeat or they come at me with an axe I'll probably kill them, but I'd hate to kill someone who's actually new at the game.

Here's the thing. This game isn't your conventional L4D or CoD shoot 'em up kiddie land adventure game. We all know full well that Rocket leaves this game in our hands. He literally doesn't give two shits about what we, as the players, do. It is -our- power to make the rules. There is no clean cut "You cannot do this" sort of manifesto going on, it's what you and everyone else makes of it.

So if a player goes about shooting other unarmed players, he has every right to do that. Just as much as a player full of med supplies can go heal and help others.

Now I personally dislike shooting unarmed players, it's properly f'ed up in my mind, but I don't stop others from doing that, because I have no right to. If you want to stop them, make the effort yourself, don't bitch about it on the forums. On that, I would also like to bring up the fact that there -are- other servers in this game if you find your play experience not fun on it, no one's stopping you.

As for those going "I do it for the lols, stop QQing, l2p fgt" and those going "Murderers and Bandits are monsters, kill them all!" you're both idiots to think that I, a player, would care for fuck all that you are stroking your ego and vengeance on here. I also think a lot of the posts here are full of idiotic woes and brags of people who really just need to realize that this is a game where we make the rules, not the dev.

• Like 2

If you want to stop them, make the effort yourself, don't bitch about it on the forums. On that, I would also like to bring up the fact that there -are- other servers in this game if you find your play experience not fun on it, no one's stopping you.

You are right, except Rocket has provided no tools to stop these players. The game is stacked in their favor, heavily. Anything we can do, is only temporary. And since many of this guys either hoard, dupe or use scripts they are back in business pretty much directly after respawn. Us killing them impacts them very little - they killing a new player or a casual gamer impacts them alot.

There HAS to be a social control function in place. There has to be consequence to being an asshat. But without a social frame work, that can never be. And a social framework in DayZ is impossible because:

1. Pretty much everyone looks the same, it is hard to tell people apart from appearance.

2. An area cannot be locked down by a group of players because of server hopping and script kids. So outposts / communities cannot be formed.

3. A killer is usually anonymous and can never be traced - in any way.

4. There is no negative side to killing other people because human life has no value. Until that changes, rampant killing will continue.

Only the devs can provide solutions to these problems and make sure there playingfield is evenly stacked. The players themselves cannot do this currently.

NEWSFLASH

This game if populated by immature little tosers.

They cannot be told apart from the mature, normal players.

The only current solution to dealing with this situation is to shoot all strangers on sight.

I'll admit, hackers are a problem we cannot fix. I've ranted on them before why we can't do anything yet.

As for the social control and them at an advantage? Yea. They do. For now. Luckily, there are consequences for murder coming to the game. Not penalties, consequences. To even out at least some of it. But a good portion -will- require people to band together for a common cause.

I think the easiest way to play this game is to shoot everything on sight. Play it safe. Because everybody does it. I also think the game gets incredibly boring after a while when you have found night vision and the rifle of your dreams. All I do is cycle through different rifles I find, at the moment. Then there is nothing left to do but shoot down other players (which I only did twice. It felt good and much too easy). Survial isn't really the problem and the only danger is running into one of the bigger cities or a field close to them. So it's understandable that people get creative like that guy in the video. I didn't even know there is enough space in the coyote patrol pack for a rifle.

Without watching it again, I think he must have sacrificed everything else to carry that rifle stealthy as is. Also - I would have shot him the moment he started talking, because you can hear he's got some agenda. However,if the backpack isn't hacked for more space, it is at least an ingeniuos way of playing. It still leaves you a chance to incapacitate him and check his gear, before trusting all the way.

Killing everything isn't ingenious, It requires no skills and doesn't follow a plan, except for item farming. It's just low thinking, devoid of any human standards and purely to satisfy one's own egoism. It is the easiest way to play and the only one that is rewarded. There is no reason to care for other players, I totally agree. There is also no competition, except for the most kills, but definitely no friendly competition.

The real sad thing is the game is the most fun in groups, but you can't find a group ingame, unless you are veeeery lucky. This is totally different to what would happen in real life, because there would be groups just for the sake of having a pair of eyes more when infected become a real danger in numbers. Alas they aren't. The real danger comes from a bush shooting at you.

Edited by S3V3N

This one time in Cherno I went to a pub, I saw 2 guys there.

They shouted "FRIENDLY! FRIENDLY!" and I told them that I was friendly as well.

I was downstairs of the pub and they were up. I said that I'd go up and that they shouldn't shoot me, but of course the idiots decided to shoot me like hell.

They truly were idiots, they didn't hit me once and I threw a grenade there and they ALT+F4'd or something because I didn't see them there anymore.

Oh man, I just shoot everybody on sight now...

It's a bugged alpha.. what do you expect? Ppl collecting stuff for hours to loose it because of a hacker+cheater+bug? The only fun atm is to kill other players (armed or not, it doesn't count much.. a kill is a kill to increase your K/D ratio).

To be honest there is one truth out there why people shoot unarmed players. They are retarded. And yes, that's indeed a fact. Nothing more to say because no stupid argument needed.

The game has a male/female option when creating a character and the original game, unless I'm mistaken, supports multiple teams. So why not make a Survivor/Bandit option before or after male/female.

Selecting Bandit:

Selecting bandit would pretty much allow you to play the game as is. You can shoot anyone; survivors, other bandits, and zeds alike. The bandit would also have a specific skin which would tell people that hey, they're probably not friendly.

Selecting Survivor:

Would only allow you to shoot bandits, and not other friendlies. Would restrict you from stealing from other players packs. Use the normal survivor skins.

The other suggestion would be to make Zeds more aware of the presence of bandits. More blood on your hands, they sniff you out from further ranges and more easily. Possibly even go beserk - faster attack, more damage, faster move speed etc.

These are only suggestions. The problem that I see with the game in regards to bandits is that there isn't a penalty for being one. You can kill all the players you want and nothing changes. On the other hand, being friendly and trying to help others has ALL of the risks. Want to help someone with a blood transfusion? Well... hope he doesn't put a bullet in your face afterward. There needs to be more risks to being a bandit and because there isn't I think the majority of the people sitting the fence feel that its just easier to shoot first and ask questions later.

The game has a male/female option when creating a character and the original game, unless I'm mistaken, supports multiple teams. So why not make a Survivor/Bandit option before or after male/female.

Selecting Bandit:

Selecting bandit would pretty much allow you to play the game as is. You can shoot anyone; survivors, other bandits, and zeds alike. The bandit would also have a specific skin which would tell people that hey, they're probably not friendly.

Selecting Survivor:

Would only allow you to shoot bandits, and not other friendlies. Would restrict you from stealing from other players packs. Use the normal survivor skins.

The other suggestion would be to make Zeds more aware of the presence of bandits. More blood on your hands, they sniff you out from further ranges and more easily. Possibly even go beserk - faster attack, more damage, faster move speed etc.

These are only suggestions. The problem that I see with the game in regards to bandits is that there isn't a penalty for being one. You can kill all the players you want and nothing changes. On the other hand, being friendly and trying to help others has ALL of the risks. Want to help someone with a blood transfusion? Well... hope he doesn't put a bullet in your face afterward. There needs to be more risks to being a bandit and because there isn't I think the majority of the people sitting the fence feel that its just easier to shoot first and ask questions later.

The selecting a role part wouldnt work imo. Since bandits can shoot anyone, and survivors can only shoot bandits, the survivors are again in the minority. Your suggestion about the "Blood on their hands" is actually pretty good. I'd love to see something like that in the game.

Dude, sorry to point this out to you but from the sounds of it, they shot you and then you ran with them? Does that not sound a bit mad? If you dont want to die dont run with the people that shoot you???

I have killed 2 people in 2-3 weeks of play one was unarmed and one had an axe .. neither were direct threats to me- both were instinctual kills.

in one case i was watching 2 well equiped players loot a market .. i was debating what to do next .. when a guy came around the corner at full speed with an axe .. i could have run .. or waiting to see what he did but after years of gamming i ended up shooting him with the AK i had just found before i had time to think ..

the second case i was in the top floor of the fire station with mulitople zeds around and then i heard player footsteps .. so i moved to the stairwell .. aimed by mak and waited . when the guy came up through i shot him - i didnt know he was unarmed .. but i wasnt about to wait to find out.

so sometimes people arnt being jerks - they are just trying to survive and dont trust anyone .. cause they have themselves been killed for no good reason too many times

Wow, thats so cold-blooded. I don't see how people manage to be such douches.

I am the shooter in this vid, Its a fucking game you for Christ sake, what the fuck is wrong with all you "survivors" if you want only to "survive" without having to kill anyone go and play fucking SIMS.

What would be the point of finding cool weapons and snipers etc if you only want to kill Z's ? whats the point of the game at all ?? what's gonna be next ?? players who refuse to kill Animals and just eat beans ?

say wha...?

Which requires more brass in this game, not shooting someone on sight or shooting someone on sight.

• Like 7

I am the shooter in this vid, Its a fucking game you for Christ sake, what the fuck is wrong with all you "survivors" if you want only to "survive" without having to kill anyone go and play fucking SIMS.

What would be the point of finding cool weapons and snipers etc if you only want to kill Z's ? whats the point of the game at all ?? what's gonna be next ?? players who refuse to kill Animals and just eat beans ?

You're an idiot.

Which requires more brass in this game, not shooting someone on sight or shooting someone on sight.

Best comment ever ^^^^

I blame the victim. If an 'unarmed' player runs up to you and then pulls a gun out while talking, he is clearly up to no good. He should have shot the bandit as soon as the rifle appeared.

You misunderstand. The shooter stole the rifle from the other player's backpack, and then killed him with it. The starting pack doesn't have enough space to store a primary.