kitta

People shooting unarmed people, why?

It's called griefing or "Schadenfreude". People tend to look down on it, but if you look at anything that's competetive, most people do it because they genuinly enjoy the game or because they want to bear other people. I like both and I'm honest with it.

And to be fair, I got shot twice by people I was bandaging and someone stole from my backpack after shouting "friendly, friendly" for like 5 minutes. If he's not with me on Skype/TS, he's a target. Period.

He's still not a "fucktard", he's inexperienced, didn't pay attention or was just having some mindless fun. I shot a DMR in the middle of Cherno once jsut to see how many Zs would crawl out, peopel do stuff jsut for the heck of it.

And yes, it's still whining. If you have to call someone names, you're not more mature than the griefer, you're just whining.

Oh please tell me more about beeing a "worthless player" with your vast CoD experience.

Not massive CoD experience, more like got to MW2 and gave up playing because of such losers.

The point is you openly admitting to being a greifer which means you add nothing to the experience for anyone,you aren't doing anything worthwhile, and quite honestly your a waste of space.

The sad part there is too many fellas just like you.Never mind all the hackers too.

People like you ruin the experience for a lot of people and most likely will eventually cause the mod to "die".

Sure it will take a while but it will eventually happen.

• Like 1

Jesus

Bandits are part of the game.

I knew someone would come here saying that.

Killing unarmed players is one-handed gameplay, just like sniping.

They need the other hand so they can tenderly reach down and stroke their....ego.

The only way to curb grief based PvP is to get rid of the people that do it, which is a witch hunt in its own right. The downfall of the FPS is that it will only ever be used for mass killing as long as a gun is involved, because players don't actually WANT to feel/roleplay out a scenario of an average survivor. That's the major problem with DayZ, it's built for an awesome RP community, which was run off because of all the anti-non-PvPer obsession. Now all that's left are the meta-gamers and the poor saps that stick around to watch the game shrivel up, intellectually speaking.

Also, people will argue that this is all PvP, it's not. PvP has a semblance of order to it, with rules and guidelines to keep the system from degrading. It's Player VERSUS Player, not just the "push button, receive murder point" of DayZ's griefing. If people want to wander into the airfields? That's a killbox, but really the same could be said with cities, but just camping up on a hill, zombie free, or hunting players on the beach for quick jollies? That's got to stop, our douchebaggery level is bad enough in the world's eyes.

And this person got it.

Not massive CoD experience, more like got to MW2 and gave up playing because of such losers.

The point is you openly admitting to being a greifer which means you add nothing to the experience for anyone,you aren't doing anything worthwhile, and quite honestly your a waste of space.

The sad part there is too many fellas just like you.Never mind all the hackers too.

People like you ruin the experience for a lot of people and most likely will eventually cause the mod to "die".

Sure it will take a while but it will eventually happen.

I stay around Stary and kill everyone who's not on my team, that's what I like to do and that's what I have to do to protect my own stuff. Am I wasting space? No, all those expensive 40 and 50 player servers with like 12 guys on it aren't that full. Am I ruining the experience of everyone? Sure, the two guys I see in one session, bare in mind that not the whole server is near me at any given moment, get wasted as soon as I see them, but that's normal up north. I do other stuff like raiding the airfield, but I like to ambush people and kill them. I enjoy killing them when they feel safe, that's what griefing is to me and I admit that I like it. I don't see how this is ruining the SURVIVAL game for anyone.

I got 4 kills so far with my newest character btw, after 5 days. And I enjoyed all of those kills. It's not like I didn't try to help strangers at first, but as I said, I got killed every time I did this.

People kill unarmed people because there are people like this lurking around.

Another reason to shoot everyone you don't know.

Edited by daskleineviech

I stay around Stary and kill everyone who's not on my team, that's what I like to do and that's what I have to do to protect my own stuff. Am I wasting space? No, all those expensive 40 and 50 player servers with like 12 guys on it aren't that full. Am I ruining the experience of everyone? Sure, the two guys I see in one session, bare in mind that not the whole server is near me at any given moment, get wasted as soon as I see them, but that's normal up north. I do other stuff like raiding the airfield, but I like to ambush people and kill them. I enjoy killing them when they feel safe, that's what griefing is to me and I admit that I like it. I don't see how this is ruining the SURVIVAL game for anyone.

I got 4 kills so far with my newest character btw, after 5 days. And I enjoyed all of those kills. It's not like I didn't try to help strangers at first, but as I said, I got killed every time I did this.

Another reason to shoot everyone you don't know.

Once again you miss the point.

There is TONS of people like you on the servers.Just you would be fine, just a few no big deal, but over half the community is like this.

Get my point yet?

• Like 1

Once again you miss the point.

There is TONS of people like you on the servers.Just you would be fine, just a few no big deal, but over half the community is like this.

Get my point yet?

Over half the community? So more than half of the maybe 40 people on the server kill everyone on sight, that means that a bit over 20 people manage to cover every inch of the 15*15m map of Chernarus and therefor ruin the game for everyone?

Get my point?

Over half the community? So more than half of the maybe 40 people on the server kill everyone on sight, that means that a bit over 20 people manage to cover every inch of the 15*15m map of Chernarus and therefor ruin the game for everyone?

Get my point?

Except that the griefing 20 spawn camp, making the whole map irrelevant.

And this person got it.

Oh I've been getting it, just too bad apparently few others are.

Get my point?

And when people camp the spawning areas that immediately changes doesn't it? Can't you at least think a little past what happens eh?

The map may be big but the main points for gathering gear,a nd the spawn points, are not.It would be quite easy to have a few snipers posted at each point.Hell even 1 sniper at each point is enough to cause a problem.Now what if 15 like minded people take upon your idea hmm?

Edited by Wolfgrey666

And when people camp the spawning areas that immediately changes doesn't it? Can't you at least think a little past what happens eh?

The map may be big but the main points for gathering gear,a nd the spawn points, are not.It would be quite easy to have a few snipers posted at each point.Hell even 1 sniper at each point is enough to cause a problem.Now what if 15 like minded people take upon your idea hmm?

They already do, I know because I've watched from the distance. I actually have a pretty sweet hiding hole, just waiting for one of those snipers to setup near me so I can jack their rifle and hide with it. Then when other snipers start playing? I just wait until they're nice and quiet so they know whodunit.

• Like 1

They already do, I know because I've watched from the distance. I actually have a pretty sweet hiding hole, just waiting for one of those snipers to setup near me so I can jack their rifle and hide with it. Then when other snipers start playing? I just wait until they're nice and quiet so they know whodunit.

I already plan to use crossbows to eliminate snipers as i go throughout the woods.I have turned out to be fairly accurate with them.Took a bit of getting used to though.

Except that the griefing 20 spawn camp, making the whole map irrelevant.

I've never seen so many people spawn camping, and I got shot withing the first two minutes after respawning a lot and still managed to get past it. And to be fair, I don't see why player killing equals spawn camping, I manage to kill people without hiding on the same spot for two hours.

I wasn't talking about spawn camping. I see player killing up north, last time I checked Stary wasn't down south at all, as normal PVP and I admit I enjoy it. Spawn camping may not be fair, but it's a survival game after all, not my cup of tea but it's allowed. The whole thing reminds me of the good old days in CS when everybody was hating on the AWP until they learned themselves how to use it. It's always unfair and bad and evil, even if it's completely normal within the game.

And at least I can say that I'm honest about my intentions, not like the "friendly, friendly" people who kill you as soon as you turn your back. Yet again: if you don't know him, waste him. And you might as well enjoy doing it.

I very rarely shoot survivors, I either avoid them or attempt communication behind a wall or so.

Yesterday however, I did fling my PDW on full auto and rip someones face apart who only had an axe. In strange circumstances mind, a glitch hit when I was at the N/W Airfield where all of the zombies stopped recognizing survivors, so I could sprint around the Airfield looting, I only noticed this about 5 minutes after it happened, up until then I just thought I was doing some epic stealthing. But I found a PDW with 14 G17 mags and a few other things, after looting the buildings at the opposite side of the Airfield I headed back to the Barracks and the door was closed, so I opened it and looked in the first room, and there was a guy crouching with an axe next to a massive pile of loot, I assume he removed it from all of the other rooms for it to respawn o_O.

I stood there for about 2 seconds before he started moving towards me with an axe in hand, and I instinctively unloaded on his face. Nothing respawned anyways, so I left. However, I have just logged on there to see if the glitch meant I wouldn't keep my loot, and it turns out I haven't, lost the PDW and the few other things I took, but kept the toolbox :/. And... I now have 1 Murder to my name. Even though the weapon I killed him with apparently never existed.

Also, I found a tent prior to seeing the survivior which had a machine gun in it and other supplies, so it could have been his. And I didn't know if he had a sidearm on him or a primary dropped somewhere. It was at the N/W Airfield so I didn't want to take any chances, who goes to the N/W Airfield with just an Axe?

Looting NWAF with an axe is fairly efficent. You can kill zombies without alerting the possible sniper that is watching the place.

It was at the N/W Airfield so I didn't want to take any chances, who goes to the N/W Airfield with just an Axe?

I've been chopped to death by a guy in Devil's Castle, everything goes in Chernarus. But that makes the game fun and exciting, otherwise it would be dull and repedetive.

Okay, devils castle is like, hugely north. You should have a gun by the time you get there. Who axes people that far north?

Okay, devils castle is like, hugely north. You should have a gun by the time you get there. Who axes people that far north?

I would agree, but since he killed me... I guess he was doing the right thing. I got laughed at for an hour or so by my team mates though.

People kill unarmed people because there are people like this lurking around.

Wow, thats so cold-blooded. I don't see how people manage to be such douches.

A good reason to kill a fresh spawn, is that he might be back in a couple of seconds with a big fat gun, and give you some of his ammo... through your brain.

Another point is, what if he is waiting for friends? If I kill him now, his friends have to go around me, instead of through me, when they have to relocate to his new spawn.

Plenty of good reason to murder someone without a gun.

Just look at the vid above me in the qoute ^

Personally I would have murdered anyone stalking me, be it without weapons and crawling because of broken bones. Stay away or get put down like a rabbid dog.

Wow, thats so cold-blooded. I don't see how people manage to be such douches.

I blame the victim. If an 'unarmed' player runs up to you and then pulls a gun out while talking, he is clearly up to no good. He should have shot the bandit as soon as the rifle appeared.

It's pretty entertaining seeing survivors trying to flee from my DMR rounds while i'm crouched on top of the mountain range by Cap Golova

People who kill unarmed are not bandits.

They are murderers. And they are scum.

Or they play the game the way they want with the money they spent
  • Like 1

At some point in the game a lot of players say to themselves, "I will shoot anyone and everyone on sight." Usually those who have been shot by many others for no reason, and then the others that shoot you unarmed are just asses... So combined both and you got a lot of dead weapon-less beechez. :lol: