Sign in to follow this  
koolvid

Is this Mod worth 30$

Yes the game is fantastic, get it. I would pay 50$ for it and its not even done yet!

Arma 2 IMO is worth the asking price, but honestly DayZ as it stands currently is owned by hackers, I say that knowing full well that the fault is in the ARMA engine and battleye not the dayz team but regardless - If you hope to make any progress on your character without eventually losing it due to mass server slayings and teleports don't bother until the issues are addressed.

If your happy just playing until the inevitable Skiddie comes along to ruin your day and dont have plans to migrate up north and devote hours of time to travelling alone then sure - go ahead. Its a fantastic mod when your able to play for any length of time.

How the fuck can you buy a not for profit MOD? <_<

You bought a game that some guy modded for fuck all!! :rolleyes:

Play Arma 2, then the mod then fucking complain about cost !!!

Its a mod anyone can do it.... You just need the right idea!!! ;)

For short, Lots of fun, and a lot of rage, but the fun is worth it. Definitly considering it's way more fun then a single player game where you pay 40 euros for

I really like the Day Z aspect of perma death and valuing your character like it's your life but the price makes it arguable since I've never played the game. What do you guys think?

with the current item duping the whole perma death really isnt the case. everyone you run into and kill is completely kitted out

No it is not, do not waste your money. It is going stand alone with in a few months, so you will have to shell out more money. At this time it is buggy to be worth spending all this money on it.

It also get boring with no cars, or helis in sight. Everything good gets horded off map, and if you want a car you need to get a ton of food, and water. Then spend hours walking outside the vast out side of the map. Which never ends. The whole 7 day with no use rule does not work, because they only have to get in the car once every seven days. On my friends server we have cleared all the inside map, and cannot find the chopper, or the trucks.

There is only so much you can do right now. Which gets old fast. Not to mention server hoppers farming out gear before you get to a spot, or people dcing in combat. The dcing is really bad right now, worse than ever. Get jumped, and about to kill the guy, and then he panics boom gone. No kill, no loot, and you get left with low blood, and sometimes worse if you get a broken leg.

So to sum it up, if you want to waste $30 on a mod that every patch something breaks. While having to deal with hackers, server hoppers, dcing in combat, and walking simulator. If you like getting pissed off then spend $30, or wait till standalone to see if it improves, and end up spending less money.

Not in its current state, but it won't always stay in alpha, so I say yes, it is worth 30.

Arma2 is a shitty bug infested game. Pretty much everyone I brought to DayZ couldn't get over how bad it was (they just put up with it for the persistent sandbox elements of dayz). They ignored security and while hacking isn't an issue when you're playing vanilla arma with your buddies, it completely ruins DayZ.

Admin server logs aren't even encrypted so they can track everything on a given server. Hacking, admin abuse, and vanilla arma bugs make the game barely playable, and fanboys will quickly defend ARMA'S bugs with DAYZ'S alpha status.

Honestly? Just wait for another company to do it right.

Edited by SeptusCap

It's a lot of fun but is also the most hacked game I have ever played, be prepared for players teleporting, spawning anything they want including tanks, jets, cars, helis, guns, being invincible etc every few games though, or wait until the game goes standalone. I think it's worth it but it's also an alpha so don't expect a polished game.

Edited by smasht_AU

The best $25 (...got it on sale) that I've EVER spent on anything video game related in the last 10 years... ^_^

I will be very suprised if Rocket and team actually manage to get their standalone dayz out around September like they said but if they do - essentially you will be paying $30 for a game you have said you have no interest in playing ( arma 2 ) and a mod that has some serious issues at the moment (hacking/duping) and then you will end up paying for the standalone like a month later. Something to think about

If you don't even have a tiny interest in Arma 2 the game is definitely not for you. It's all about hard-core simulation which not everyone likes. If you're looking for a game that isn't Arma 2 than stay with CoD.

For me, it's the best $80 I've spent on any game during my life. Arma has given me more than two years of multiplayer entertainment and still doesn't get boring, while I was bored with BF3 after 300 hours (same goes for Skyrim, MW 2, Bad Company 2 etc). Buy at your own peril and don't buy if you plan to keep a RL.

Edited by Bravo-Two-Zero

People slamming ArmA are utterly clueless.

Of course, only your opinion is correct and everyone else's is wrong.

not its not worth 30 imo. However i bought it for 18 when it went of sale and i think 18 is a fair price for this mess.

in a nutshell, yes. it is worth it. there may be bugs and hackers now, probably at its peak, but it will be fixed. i would hold off on buying it, unless you REALLY want to play, because hackers are rampant.

Simply put. No. Save your money and time. Go find something else to go do even if it is going out and drinking. With any luck the $30 will go to getting you drunk and hooking up with just as drunk or more so chick and you score. That is worth the $30.

YES, I think it's worth it. I bought it and I never looked back since. It's fun to alphatest this mod.

So buy it, you won't be disappointed. Unless you are. But no harm done if so, BI will be happy with your money :-)

No, i kinda regret buying it. i should have waited for the warz to come out or just for dayz to come out of beta or alpha to many bugs but if u got people to play with then yeah its worth it.

If you don't even have a tiny interest in Arma 2 the game is definitely not for you. It's all about hard-core simulation which not everyone likes. If you're looking for a game that isn't Arma 2 than stay with CoD.
For me, it's not the simulation aspect of the game that I don't like. I actually like simulations. Sure, they're dry, but the gameplay is usually really deep. Remember Jane's simulators?

My problem is with the unfinished nature of arma. It looks and plays like crap.