scoffield77@gmail.com

Electric and Natural lighting's V 4.0

I've never played Eve. sounds fun though ;)

its err, surprisingly epic. never played it but my landlord does. Defo worth a look into, if only to appreciate the scope it encompasses.

I've never played Eve. sounds fun though ;)

Be careful, I play EVE currently, and I can tell you, you will have no choice but to spend many months playing if you want to get good, like 5-6 months, JUST to get good. It's a very large-scale game, only problem I have with it is the skill training, which is real-time. it can be anywhere from 8 minutes, to like 30 days, depending on the skill and the level your training. Other than that, it's an ambitious game, and it does clans and fleet battles very well. It's also a game where digits matter big time, so you better be good with math :P.

Edited by CarloNord

Be careful, I play EVE currently, and I can tell you, you will have no choice but to spend many months playing if you want to get good, like 5-6 months, JUST to get good. It's a very large-scale game, only problem I have with it is the skill training, which is real-time. it can be anywhere from 8 minutes, to like 30 days, depending on the skill and the level your training. Other than that, it's an ambitious game, and it does clans and fleet battles very well. It's also a game where digits matter big time, so you better be good with math :P.

Eh, i don't really like games that are addictive and what not =\

Eh, i don't really like games that are addictive and what not =\

Ai i think ye should approach it with caution, good and worthy of admiration, but overwhelmingly complex, and socially destructive. I mean this game dissolved my social life for a month and a half and its only started recovering. I fear eve would ruin my life! XD

But yea for those reasons, I dont think that evolution in game play will occur, or at least the aspect of the devs deciding expansion based on the players actions and what direction the whole game is moving in. ( for example, in the last Eve patch they introduced more combat ships, because the universe was increasing in ze number of wars, if they hadnt, they mighta introduced different factories etc).

DOnt think we'll see that kind of thing in DayZ, that level of economic functioning anyway. Trade defo, but not involving money, and with a far better chance of control and fortifications wearing down from player/zed attacks. So even in such an environment any economic structure that was formed would be flimsy and probably untrustworthy anywayz

There may be currency, though how fluid it will be I'm not all sure. Rocket has said in some interview that he wants to give us the abilities to do what ever, and let it be our choice. I'm sure the RPG(ers) will love a currency ;)

Finally found a topic that is similar what i had in mind :P I went through the first 7 pages or so and wanted to put in my 2 cents.

The general idea is great to be able to fix powerplants to restore power and charge various equipment.

Somebody mentioned that villages/town could be zombie free after electricity has been restored.

To go more into detail with this idea, i think that after the town/village is lets say electified then all the zombies in that area will still be there but only after you kill them they do not spawn into that village/town. That way players can make some places zombie free zones as long as they are able to keep the power running. To make thing more intresting then zombies would spawn near the village/town but do not enter that area. Now after power goes down for whatever reason the zombies will overrun the place.

That would be like a big reward for fixing something and keeping it running, because the loot could spawn there like it normally does.

• Like 1

Finally found a topic that is similar what i had in mind :P I went through the first 7 pages or so and wanted to put in my 2 cents.

The general idea is great to be able to fix powerplants to restore power and charge various equipment.

Somebody mentioned that villages/town could be zombie free after electricity has been restored.

To go more into detail with this idea, i think that after the town/village is lets say electified then all the zombies in that area will still be there but only after you kill them they do not spawn into that village/town. That way players can make some places zombie free zones as long as they are able to keep the power running. To make thing more intresting then zombies would spawn near the village/town but do not enter that area. Now after power goes down for whatever reason the zombies will overrun the place.

That would be like a big reward for fixing something and keeping it running, because the loot could spawn there like it normally does.

I'm suprise you found it in the 1st 7 pages! it's been a while since this got any attention =o

I agree with the zombie thing, but I don't think electricity should dictate rather or not zombies are spawning. There should be more to that then just power flowing. After all the zombies don't mind the sunlight ;) why would they mine a lightbulb

I agree with the zombie thing, but I don't think electricity should dictate rather or not zombies are spawning. There should be more to that then just power flowing. After all the zombies don't mind the sunlight ;) why would they mine a lightbulb

I actually thought about that too, but couldn't find any arguments why zombies should fear lightbulb :P but the idea is not about the zombies but it to be a game element.

As far s the zombies spawning, they should spawn only not directly into the village/town and come into the town area when the power goes down either way someone turns it off from the plant or the resources end or the plant itself needs repairing. That way coming into the town and leaving the town requires caution 'cos there's zombies around it.

As far as the game element goes the simple idea is "Control the power, control the area!". You need resources to create power, you need to maintain the plant, you can turn the electricity on and off from the plant.

I had a simple situation in mind when i posted my idea. Player or rather a group controls one powerplant, they see that some other group enters that area. they let them enter the town, then switch on the lights so zombies would see them as in daylight and then attack and then the other way around when approaching an area you see it's lit up then you can assume there's someone controlling the power you can then try to gain the control to yourself or do other things or whatnot...

It would mainly be just to enhance the night play...'cos during the daytime in the server you would only need power for charging equipment.

That's why in my opinion it shouldn't be overly complicated.

Edited by -huviline-

Why the fuck does everyone want electricity? As soon as some one sees a city/town full of light, it's making it very obvious that someone is there. And then it'll turn into a massive PvP fest.

Also, since half the people that host a DayZ server are scarred of the dark only half the servers even have night time..

I actually thought about that too, but couldn't find any arguments why zombies should fear lightbulb :P but the idea is not about the zombies but it to be a game element.

As far s the zombies spawning, they should spawn only not directly into the village/town and come into the town area when the power goes down either way someone turns it off from the plant or the resources end or the plant itself needs repairing. That way coming into the town and leaving the town requires caution 'cos there's zombies around it.

As far as the game element goes the simple idea is "Control the power, control the area!". You need resources to create power, you need to maintain the plant, you can turn the electricity on and off from the plant.

I had a simple situation in mind when i posted my idea. Player or rather a group controls one powerplant, they see that some other group enters that area. they let them enter the town, then switch on the lights so zombies would see them as in daylight and then attack and then the other way around when approaching an area you see it's lit up then you can assume there's someone controlling the power you can then try to gain the control to yourself or do other things or whatnot...

It would mainly be just to enhance the night play...'cos during the daytime in the server you would only need power for charging equipment.

That's why in my opinion it shouldn't be overly complicated.

Well I believe it should be "Control the power, control the comfort level"

I do strongly support the idea's that players can take control of towns, though I believe power should be only one parameter to getting zombies to stop spawning.

Why the fuck does everyone want electricity? As soon as some one sees a city/town full of light, it's making it very obvious that someone is there. And then it'll turn into a massive PvP fest.

Also, since half the people that host a DayZ server are scarred of the dark only half the servers even have night time..

The power plant will light up more than one town. So it wont cause a PVP mess, even if it does.. who cares it's part of what the game is about. As far as the generators and portable generators, No risk- No gain.

Why I want it, is because it adds to the fear factor to the lone wolf (my playing style). Not having control over how comfortable the community is, is a pretty big deal. Like me, a lot of people don't like to not have control over what's happening around them. You wouldn't be able to stand up at night if the lights are on, so if you're running threw a town when lights are off. then randomly switches on. You have to hit the deck fast. That second of lost control over the environment would be like that 1st shot you take in a unexpected fire fight

It also provides group play mechanics, that help build society and could lead the game to militaristic clan warfare, over the control over towns, hospitals, power plants, water ways, airports etc.

I've made a huge post about this if you are interested in the concept, it's http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5922-the-team-work-philosophy-shoot-on-sight-group-play/

Things like this, and other post, some by 3rdparty, will add a lot of substance to the game. More than just: get the best gear you can and shoot who ever you wont.

Edited by Bullfrog

It's a cool idea but consider this.... some people like night time because zombies are stupid and easier to avoid. It's also hard for other players to kill you unless they have NVG.

Why would I want to light up an area at night? So zombies see me and snipers see me?

I do love the idea for a few reasons though:

- Something to do other than PvP. It's good end-game content. You have to be pretty well setup and working with others before you can really do this.

- Goals to strive for and achieve beyond "find food, find water, don't die".

It's a cool idea but consider this.... some people like night time because zombies are stupid and easier to avoid. It's also hard for other players to kill you unless they have NVG.

Why would I want to light up an area at night? So zombies see me and snipers see me?

I do love the idea for a few reasons though:

- Something to do other than PvP. It's good end-game content. You have to be pretty well setup and working with others before you can really do this.

- Goals to strive for and achieve beyond "find food, find water, don't die".

There are 2 power plants, It's extreamly unlikely to have both working at 1 time, So you fools who like the dark, will have a place to go. for 1, you have to turn on the power plant, then turn on the substation too. just to get power to that region of the map, then you have to maintain the power plant. So for the whole map to get lit up, at least on paper, is highly unlikely

Though if daring testing (hopefully this gets threw) if power does flow threw the entire map at once often. I would suggest having the power weakening at the Northern edge of the map. Since it's farthest away from the power plants. Then their will always be a dark side of the map.

Very good idea. How about electricity could also be used to produce items at factories? Like food, drink, guns, transportation, medical supplies, general equipment, etc. Of course some things would be easier to make than others, but it would be an incentive for people to work together so they could make lots of supplies to protect themselves and the others in their group. Could lead to the group guarding the city, preventing other groups in.

I'm going to see if I can find it tomorrow but I think I saw an interview with Rocket where he discussed the powerplant idea, saying they looked into it and that they surpisingly found that when no-one is around to maintain the systems, they shut down pretty quickly and are a lot of work to bring back up again.

I'm going to see if I can find it tomorrow but I think I saw an interview with Rocket where he discussed the powerplant idea, saying they looked into it and that they surpisingly found that when no-one is around to maintain the systems, they shut down pretty quickly and are a lot of work to bring back up again.

Could you find that for me? I would love to see that, I know he's quoted some of my other post i.e. "the team work philosophy" in some other interviews. it would be awesome if he talked about this one in support =D