gozzgug

Remove sniper rifles..more realistic...

I am a huge fan of this mod. From what I've read rocket wants the realism to be intense and be an integral part of the game. IMO however sitting on a hill sniping people has no intensity at all. For that matter finding these fancy sniper rifles in a real world would be extremely rare and not really usefull. How does sniping someone from a distance get you food or increase your survival chances. I think all sniper rifles should be removed and there should only be the typical civilian guns available in game. By doing this you would force people into the towns and play face to face thus increasing the realism and intensity of the game. I think it would make the game more active and playable and increase the excitement. It would also remove the need for everyone to just concentrate on getting an as50 and put the concentration on getting food and surviving which is the basis of the game.

• Like 3

How does removing a Rifle that is redily available to anyone with the money realistic?

Let's keep in mind Cheranaus is post soviet and had just been invaded by Americans to put down insurgents.

• Like 6

I agree totally. It's the sad neck-beards that want PvP'ing - IMO, I would rather enjoy seeing this game lead more towards the survival aspect as well!!

How does sniping someone from a distance get you food or increase your survival chances.

This will get you food by looting the victims food. And if they're dead they can't kill you = increasing your survival chances.

• Like 9

it is too late in the alpha to remove snipers, it will draw way too many players off the game. like diablo did with attack speed nerf. - when its implemented, removeing it is devastating..

You guys make me always laught about the pvp thing and kids crying about it....

Lets see it like this.... Real life there is a zombie apocalypse you honestly really think everyone will help each others and be friendly in happiness ? No way! people will just kill you and your family just to get a bottle of water.

You guys live in walt disney world..... PVP IS the part of any apocalypse.

If we ever get into a zombie apocalypse in real life I really hope you get prepared cause there wont have any forum to QQ about someone killing you.

This game is realistic stronger survive same as in real life.

And seriously ? removing sniper from the game ? again..... you think there wont be anyone in real life with a sniper gun ? so that mean when apocalypse begin all big weapon just disappear like this ? and you stick with only a axe or a revolver ? common...

Edited by DiXiE
  • Like 3

I'm pretty sure that I have more rifles with scopes than without IRL so removing all sniper rifles is pretty retarded to me

Tweaking the drop rates of the military sniper rifles however is something I'd be more happy with

I honestly don't mind snipers.

I can work my way around a sniper in a nest, that's no problem.

I can use a sniper rifle proactively to cover my team when a raid is taking place, or just drop a few zed off in the distance for amusement.

So, boo.

it is too late in the alpha to remove snipers, it will draw way too many players off the game. like diablo did with attack speed nerf. - when its implemented, removeing it is devastating..

Too late... in the alpha... That's just an oxymoron. Literally, the point of alpha tests is to make major changes to the gameplay to see how they work and effect the players. Also, who says it's bad thing if people leave? More beans for me, I say.

• Like 4

So ur saying in a irl apocolypse everyone who owns things like hunting rifles would ditch them say for a 12 guage. I hunt irl and I would much rather my winchester .300 with swavorski 32x scope over my benelli 12 gauge or my remington r-15 with NIKON 16x zoom.

So ur saying in a irl apocolypse everyone who owns things like hunting rifles would ditch them say for a 12 guage. I hunt irl and I would much rather my winchester .300 with swavorski 32x scope over my benelli 12 gauge or my remington r-15 with NIKON 16x zoom.

YES!, get the damn sniper rifles out of this game!! Just the fact that you can't do something interesting, like climb the towers in big cities without some jackass MOUSE BUTTONING you to death negates the benefit of the sniper rifle right there.

I've analyzed the gameplay value of having deadly sniping a couple games now, Battlefield 3 being one, and its just not worth it overall. To some snipers, sure, but i don't think many snipers realize the negative effects 1-shot kill sniping has on the game.

Bandits? Yes

Sniping? (mouse buttoning with laser sticks with no easy or FUN way to try and counter it) No!!

Edited by Thane
  • Like 1

So ur saying in a irl apocolypse everyone who owns things like hunting rifles would ditch them say for a 12 guage.

So ur saying in a irl apocalypse people would snipe every living thing they saw? for fun?

Remove 'stupid posts' ..more realistic...

• Like 1

Lets see it like this.... Real life there is a zombie apocalypse you honestly really think everyone will help each others and be friendly in happiness ? No way! people will just kill you and your family just to get a bottle of water.

If we ever get into a zombie apocalypse in real life I really hope you get prepared cause there wont have any forum to QQ about someone killing you.

This game is realistic stronger survive same as in real life.

And seriously ? removing sniper from the game ? again..... you think there wont be anyone in real life with a sniper gun ? so that mean when apocalypse begin all big weapon just disappear like this ? and you stick with only a axe or a revolver ? common...

Not everyone in an apocalypse is homocidal. Just because another person has something you need, doesn't mean you have to kill them for it. Its true that the strong survive, but the strong aren't the lone wolves, it's those that form groups. No matter how big your gun is, you've only got one set of eyes. one set of ears and little chance to survive. The more people you get together, the more secure your situation will be. True, the food and water requirments would also increase, but with more people you'd have a wider skill pool available, along with more hands for scavenging ect. Simply stated, people wouldn't shoot on sight.

An apocalypse is a huge change in enviroment. It's about the people fighting a hostile enviroment to survive. Other people aren't the main concern, they're just another danger in a hostile enviroment.

Anyways, DayZ is hardly a realistic simulator. It's more of a biased social experiment in its current form. With the later endgame content, hopefully things will evolve.

• Like 1

So ur saying in a irl apocalypse people would snipe every living thing they saw? for fun?

Actually, Rocket (you know the dude who made the mod?) said it, let me quote him on that:

DayZ was designed to be impossibly cruel, dark, and brutal. It was not designed as a game it was more of an experiment, I prefer the term "anti-game" - in other words the mechanics are not designed to be balanced, or offer a way out for different situations. These are things game designers normally take care with.

I discussed this with the our team members at great length of many arguments, the idea behind safe zones. The eventual consensus was that it went against the ethos of the project. This whole concept, and the reason it "works", is that there IS no safe zone (unless you make it). Your actions have real and brutal consequences. There are no game designed safety nets.

It is the kind of system/environment that will sometimes make you want to punch the computer screen. But with that kind of risk, comes great emotional reward when you carry something off. The sniper you describe - there are people like this in the world, and in the breakdown of order I can bet that there would be people who would sit on a roof and shoot people "just for the lulz".

The system makes no judgement on player actions, and this is one of the only real rules that was adopted for the development. While consequences may occur for a particular action (e.g. humanity loss), no judgement is implied or placed on that behavior. Beyond hacks, and misuse of exploits, regulating player behavior is not a scope of this project. If players, themselves, wish to group together and attempt to regulate the behavior. Well, that's entirely up to you.

This kind of activity is not for everyone. It really is more of a social experiment than a game. There is no intention to change that, if you dislike the PVP, then I would recommend playing Dynamic Zombie Sandbox or Celery's excellent Chernaus Apocalypse - there is no point in these being recreated through this mod.

Why make something that has already been done?

Red text is my doing to make my point clearer.

PVP is part of any apocolypse, a line of snipers waiting to take their turn covering a city for the fun of it isn't.

The problem with sniping is there is no easy or FUN! way to counter it. Never stop running in a city? No thanks. Run from cover to cover. No thanks. Get killed out of nowwhere despite spending 5 minutes checking the landscape? No thanks. Use a sniper rifle, just to counter snipers? Climb a building to get a good view of the landscape only to get nailed by something i can't even see? No thanks. JUST the fact that removing sniping would make the cities explorable makes it worth removing.

There is a reason they haven't made a single player game where the aim of the game is to dodge sniper fire... CAUSE IT AIN'T FUN!

Make no mistake, this game IS ABOUT FUN... don't get fucking semantical on me saying its about survival...

Edited by Thane
  • Like 2

Not going to happen, they are a key part of the game.

...and without them, taking and holding a rooftops in cities might be a key part of the game. Instead of ONE GUY or the THREAT OF one guy with a sniper rifle making city battles or even just exploration essentially off limits to those who don't have, or don't like to use laser sticks...........................THINK ABOUT IT. :facepalm: Edited by Thane
  • Like 1

Sniper rifles aren't bad, per se. Their damage is mostly unrealistic, though. The Lee Enfield is seriously overpowered and amping up its rapport to make the gunner zombie bait is only half a solution. None of the other rifles in this game should be one-shot kills at all unless they're head shots, and even then only the .50 caliber rifles.

Sniper rifles should be super rare. Once the item dupe glitch gets fixed i'm sure we will see a lot less snipers. Also I would like to make the point that there is a difference between killing someone who has too much food in order to feed your starving family, and sociopathic murder. The latter is what has been happening mostly in this game and is really too bad. You snipers can yell about how headshoting people looking for beans and pepsi is "surviving in a zombie apocalypse" but you're just hurting the game. This game is the best attempt at that fantasy zombie game everybody has had and instead of embracing it and trying to help it turn into something that makes a mark on the industry you(no thought PvPers) are just killing for killings sake and turning people off of the game. This game is sold as a zombie apocalypse simulator, what people get instead is a shitty military sim mod where people they can't see headshot them for no reason.

Sniper rifles aren't bad, per se. Their damage is mostly unrealistic, though. The Lee Enfield is seriously overpowered and amping up its rapport to make the gunner zombie bait is only half a solution. None of the other rifles in this game should be one-shot kills at all unless they're head shots, and even then only the .50 caliber rifles.

Let me put a round of my M14 into your chest from 200m and tell me it shouldn't be a one shot kill. And most smart people wouldn't shoot one, they would shoot two or three. At the very least you would be on the ground and would die very shortly afterwards. A lee enfield's round is very close to a .308, probably a little bigger. A Winchester 1866 is a heavy rifle, I believe, and would have a similar effect damage wise. A .50 is major overkill on a person, so you pretty much can't survive it.

Let me put a round of my M14 into your chest from 200m and tell me it shouldn't be a one shot kill. And most smart people wouldn't shoot one, they would shoot two or three. At the very least you would be on the ground and would die very shortly afterwards. A lee enfield's round is very close to a .308, probably a little bigger. A Winchester 1866 is a heavy rifle, I believe, and would have a similar effect damage wise. A .50 is major overkill on a person, so you pretty much can't survive it.

The Lee is a .303 - I have one and have shot kangaroos and pigs with it and I can tell you, one shot is all you need