gozzgug

Remove sniper rifles..more realistic...

Snipers are balanced fine.. do you know how hard it is to find a place with a decent view where shooting won't aggro zombies? probably not because by the sounds of it you are too busy dying and crying to find a sniper in the first place. point is, snipers are loud, it is very common for 3 or 4 zombies to suddenly start raping you after a shot of a DMR for example that you had no idea were there.

Edited by GexAlmighty
  • Like 2

Snipers shouldnt be taken out of the game instead more rarer. Of course your gonna have people shoot you either close range or far range with a sniper or assault rifle. Dont complain about PVP people will kill people for fun or for survival and there will be a group of idiots who just stay in cherno and snipe but cant complain because its survival meaning killing others for there stuff. Dog bite dog. If people are sniping me i find there location kill them take there stuff and im good. Theres gonna be challenges and getting sniped at is one of them. Its the hackers thats the real problem.

When I first read this topic I laughed at its stupidity. Then I thought about it and I actually would prefer the game without snipers. This is my view... There's nothing like the intensity of firefights in DayZ. I think the awesome factor of shootouts in this game is sticking around a 10. Snipers just click on button and you're dead. That's no fun! It will never happen but I can dream

I've been think along similar lines, sort of. I think the CZ550 should stay, and I also think that the sniping model for ACE should be introduced, where you have to factor wind as well as distance. If sniping was made harder, people would find it more risky. Of course the disconnection thing needs addressing. I find too many snipers take a few shots at you then just disconnect when it goes tits up.

• Like 1

YES!, get the damn sniper rifles out of this game!! Just the fact that you can't do something interesting, like climb the towers in big cities without some jackass MOUSE BUTTONING you to death negates the benefit of the sniper rifle right there.

Yeah. Mouse buttoning. On the other hand itd be incredibly interesting for you to "Hold W" until youre at the top of a ladder.

Sniping? (mouse buttoning with laser sticks with no easy or FUN way to try and counter it) No!!

Evading enemies, espescially well equipped ones, i believe any experienced player of the game will agree, is fucking exhilarating. As for it needing to be "easy..." Since when was the point of the game to be easy? Go back to single player games if you don't want to have to deal with intelligent enemies who use the best tactics at their disposal to kill you.

And learn evasion.

• Like 1

So just to get this straight, you're talking about sniper rifles, right? Not hunting rifles? You mean the military-spec rifles which, in many cases, are built off of hunting rifle actions (Remington 700 -> M24, M40, for instance)? You mean those, right, not the scoped hunting rifles which are commonly available in any country where guns are not completely banned, and which make up the overwhelming majority of privately-owned firearms in said countries?

The sniper rifles, as in the hunting rifles that are built to withstand a little harsher treatment, and with standardised parts and optics?

Modern military sniper rifles and civilian hunting rifles are very similar. I would be fine with less SVDs, DMRs, and .50 cals floating around, but to say all scoped rifles should be removed is idiotic, unrealistic, and downright ignorant.

Terrible thread, just like every other thread where someone complains about "sniper rifles" because they're too careless to check an area before they go sprinting into it, making a lot of noise and running about in the open. The CZ in particular is too rare now - I haven't seen one since the patch where its spawn rate was severely nerfed. It should be one of the most common weapons in the game, realistically speaking.

you think realistic. How many sniper rifles are there in a Platoon of soldiers on patrol. Platoon may be 32 soldiers excluding SGT's and PL comanders. not one of them will have a sniper rifle in a company. tehre should be maybe 3 sniper rifles on one server at a time or per clan

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind there being a reduced rate in spawns for military grade scoped rifles: this includes the M24, the DMR, the M107, and the AS50. The SVD is rare enough that I wouldn't include it on that list.

However, if we want to be realistic, what there should be more of are scoped hunting rifles: ones like the CZ550, only with a larger range of calibers and scopes. Maybe a .22 WMR rifle with a 3x optic, or something in .375 H&H with a 3-9x variable scope?

Or even some .22 LR bolt actions, or a varmint rifle in .223 / 5.56mm, with some low powered scopes. Hunters, which I imagine there would be a lot of in a coastal / rural town, tend to use reliably, accurate bolt action rifles with decent optics, but they're not sniper rifles. Sniper rifles typically have an accuracy of 1 MOA or less at ranges of 1000 metres or above, which hunting rifles don't need to have.

I know some people tend to think of just about any rifle with a scope on it as a 'sniper rifle', but that's just not true. Removing scoped rifles is not at all realistic.

good point Duckman404 I mean scopes can be baught anywhere without a weapon. go on e-bay u can buy one.it just depends on the type of weapon. military grade weapons should be much more rare. Actually all military weapons should be rare and I think they should only spawn in military areas and not a fire station even. I know if I lost my weapon I would be charged in an appocolyps or not. and if a mate is killed we do not leave weapons behind we take it with us and all military equipment is accounted for

After the 100th thread on nerfing snipers, remove snipers, remove ghillies, remove anti-material rifles, reduce ammo spawns, lower sniper spawn rates, I'm compelled to scream at the screen!

The game at the moment has very very few legitimate sniper rifles in circulation. Most of them have been duped, either accidentally or intentionally, or have been scripted in by emo cheaters. We DO NOT know if sniper rifle drops need to be nerfed, or ammo drops need to be nerfed. It is an alpha, it is a mod, it is not a full game and it is not a completed game.

Until duping and scripts limit the number of rifles being artificially introduced into the game .... crying for nerfs or removal is pointless.

osirish

this page is for suggestions. thats what people are doing thats what its intended for. posts like yours serve no purpose. yes we all know its al alpha the very first time we played. alpha's change and thats what we are saying in here. changes that should or could be made to make the game better when released

Let me put a round of my M14 into your chest from 200m and tell me it shouldn't be a one shot kill. And most smart people wouldn't shoot one, they would shoot two or three. At the very least you would be on the ground and would die very shortly afterwards. A lee enfield's round is very close to a .308, probably a little bigger. A Winchester 1866 is a heavy rifle, I believe, and would have a similar effect damage wise. A .50 is major overkill on a person, so you pretty much can't survive it.

Heh. Right. Because my heart isn't a target 4 inches across.... No, but seriously, you would probably have to walk up to me and put the rifle up to my chest to kill me with it in one shot.

I tell you what. As soon as the .45 caliber revolver and the 12 gauge shotgun putting an entry wound in you the size of a golfball drop players in one hit, then we can entertain the idea of a M14 killing people with one hit.

Scopes don't magically make guns super-awesome except in videogames.

Edited by BazBake

I am a huge fan of this mod. From what I've read rocket wants the realism to be intense and be an integral part of the game. IMO however sitting on a hill sniping people has no intensity at all. For that matter finding these fancy sniper rifles in a real world would be extremely rare and not really usefull. How does sniping someone from a distance get you food or increase your survival chances. I think all sniper rifles should be removed and there should only be the typical civilian guns available in game. By doing this you would force people into the towns and play face to face thus increasing the realism and intensity of the game. I think it would make the game more active and playable and increase the excitement. It would also remove the need for everyone to just concentrate on getting an as50 and put the concentration on getting food and surviving which is the basis of the game.

I am not in the mood for typing a real argument, so i'll just go with the usual troll, cause you don't deserve anything else:

U MAD BRO?

How does removing a Rifle that is redily available to anyone with the money realistic?

Let's keep in mind Cheranaus is post soviet and had just been invaded by Americans to put down insurgents.

Insurgents usually have Ak-47s and Dragunovs.

Not AS-50s.

Just make it simple like, only a CZ or M24, etc- But make it a two hit kill centermass, (One head).

There is no sense in having a one hit kill sniper rifle in a zombie apocalypse..

Also- it just occured to me. You expect villagers and poor shacked in russians to be buying guns of that calibur? If anything it would be more in the nagant range.

Edited by AllDayZSimon

god god god...

When will people learn how to use their grey jelly that is supposed to be a brain?

THE M107 and AS-50 ARE USED BY TEAMS TO PIN DOWN VEHICULES!

Go ahead, try to stop that chopper with your ak74, or that ural with your m4, i'll be watching you on a hill through my scope...

U MAD cause you get 1-shot? Your fault, not the sniper fault, not the weapon fault, your fault. If you want to play a game where you can actually survive a .50 bmg bullet try any arcade fps game... But not dayZ

Edited by Euryale
  • Like 1

I don't think removing sniper rifles is the right idea really, come on guys? Name a army type game that doesn't have sniper rifles? Players would kick right off if their beloved as50's was removed! It wont ever ever happen.

Maybe a limitation on the ammo for sniper rifles, as really there wouldn't be alot of 50 cal ammo just laying around in a apocalypse anyway.

I think that the heavy hitters need to be removed. The best sniper should be the scout or the DMR. The 50 cals are to much. It takes forever to get a vehicle and dickheads just take one shot at it with that and its down. When I fly in a helicopter I never even go near Chernogorsk anymore because all I hear is like 5 50 cal snipers go off.

for all those who think the M14 or the DMR wont kill you 1 hit. I would like to see anyone get shot with a 7.62 and walk away from it. they pierce body armour at times so you think they wont kill you?. But 45s and shotguns do need to be a 1 shot kill or at least the shotgun

osirish

this page is for suggestions. thats what people are doing thats what its intended for. posts like yours serve no purpose. yes we all know its al alpha the very first time we played. alpha's change and thats what we are saying in here. changes that should or could be made to make the game better when released

You failed to read my post, or you failed to understand it.

"Until duping and scripts limit the number of rifles being artificially introduced into the game .... crying for nerfs or removal is pointless."

I'll even elaborate .... yes, there are too many snipers and too many sniper rifles. This is not a problem with loot drops. This is not a problem with the mod as it was designed.

It is not a problem with the sniper rifles themselves, or how players use them, it is a problem with bugs in the alpha.

Yes this is an area for suggestions, but perhaps the suggestions should be more towards fixing the number of duplicated weapons and spawned in weapons than removing the offensive weapons themselves. Remember the first time you found that CZ550 or DMR? Remember the first time, if any, you found that AS50 or M107? "Found", not raided from a camp with 10 of them, or picked up from another dead player, or magically appearing in your backpack.

The OP is suggesting that "all" sniper rifles be removed because it "ruins" the "game's" intensity. He wants all player encounters to happen in the towns and cities. He is saying that players/or him using a sniper rifle and sitting on a hill detracts from "his" enjoyment of the "game." I am saying that the player behaviour in the mod is dictated by the artificially high number of those weapons he dislikes.

Maybe if people realised that no item in this game is rare anymore due to exploits, they'd stop suggesting nerfs or removals.

Maybe we should remove all weapons from the game so we can't PVP, then we can just get chased by zombies through town! :D

read the thread name. if we were talking about exploits and duplicates that would be the thread name. yes there is bugs for duplicates but that have been talked about to death.

and even if they are duplicates and everyone has one that would give even more reason to nerf them so people dont want them