lnfighter

Yes another "get rid of sniper guns" whine

So you want to remove sniper rifles in one of the few games that actually gives you a map large enough to utilize sniper rifles in the range they are intended to be used at?

Oh boy....

Out of all the games I've played with snipers arma 2 has some of the most realistic ballistics I've seen in a video game.

cosign, no game does sniping perfectly, ARMA2 comes the closest.

Shooting ppl in this game at range isnt easy. The people that play this game make it easy.

Baseball is just a game too, but people seem to be pretty into it.

"It's just a game" should translates, "I have too low of an IQ to articulate my dismissive thoughts, but because I'm special I still want to add my redundant voice to the thread, along with the millions of other morons like me who have posted this same sentence since the beginning of gaming forums".

Do you go to automotive forums and say IT'S JUST A CAR GUYS GOSH. Of course it's just a game. Look at the URL you fucking primitive.

The game is rooted in realism, and it's valid to say that the sniping is too accessible. This is exasperated by the fact that sniping is such a popular "endgame" activity. Only very good players should be able to do it effectively, just like irl. OP has a good point.

I must say I do understand your point but really... what is a fps game without snipers... : / Snipers simply add another danger you have to me careful for. Imo these sort of dangers make Dayz what it is.

So why is it we're all walking around with L85 and AS50s?

Why? Because I went to a MILITARY BASE to get them.

Fucking simple as that

You are pretty much aiming with a fucking mouse at your pixel target. How can you talk about realism and about working more on the sniper aiming and shooting?

1)You got bullet drop.

2) You got to hold your breath wile aiming.

3) You can't aim shit after sprinting because you are out of breath and you need to wait.

4) You need to adjust your crosshairs after each shot because they are being punched sky high of the recoil.

5) In 99% of other games you just have to point your crosshair and shoot and it hits exactly in the same spot even on 1000m ranges.

So. What else do you need to make it realistic then. Its a video game it can't be fucking more realistic then it already is. I don't get you noobs, what the fuck are you expecting? A rifle comes flying out of your monitor and you need to hold your real life breath to shoot, is it that? Well sorry Sir, then you live in the wrong year, go jump to 2512 if the world still exist by then.

JESUS.

Edited by `CaRnAgE..
  • Like 1

As I said in an other thread...

Sniping as we see it in competitions is basically well fed, rested and in good health people, in ideal situations, taking their shot.

We play guys that arrived from the beach with no memory, eat cold cans of beans, drink water from lakes, and lack sleep.

Also, sniping with .50 cal rifles while sanding or prone is damn easy in this game.

Sniping overall is really easy in this game, mainly thanks to the fact that it has limitations, there is no wind, and the aim is impressibility stable. If sniping was harder, hackers wouldn't bother dumping those guns for the lulz.

I really think snipers have a place in this game, but at least one of the .50 cal has to go.

For the ones saying: IT'S A GAME!!!

Well, as it's a game, I want the bolt thrower to throw explosive pink dildos, AK-74s to be incendiary, lazer beams and Mammoths as a creature to hunt for food. Also, aliens can hide in zombies and transform you into jelly by touch.

The game is supposed to be a simulation, with the theoretically impossible aspect of Zombies (Infected) breakthrough. Basically, real life with ONE unnatural element to it: Zombies. The rest should be as close as possible in a game as can be. Sniping isn't, as is most of the shooting. Close, better than most games, but still not quite like it (Weapons that never jam... Oh my god do they jam IRL even when you're careful...)

Added note: Even though sniping rifles are military weapons, even along the military they are rare. There is no logical reason for there to be more than one military grade sniper rifle for each of the airfields. A plaethora of AKs, really few Kobras, absolutely no M16/M4... Those should only be at helo crash sites.

Edited by Deuzerre

I've only been sniped ONE time since I started playing this game and it was my fault. I ran straight across an open field at a high yield barn.

I would suggest getting better at picking your path of approach if you are continuously being picked off.

Edited by BlksnshN

As I said in an other thread...

Sniping as we see it in competitions is basically well fed, rested and in good health people, in ideal situations, taking their shot.

We play guys that arrived from the beach with no memory, eat cold cans of beans, drink water from lakes, and lack sleep.

Also, sniping with .50 cal rifles while sanding or prone is damn easy in this game.

Sniping overall is really easy in this game, mainly thanks to the fact that it has limitations, there is no wind, and the aim is impressibility stable. If sniping was harder, hackers wouldn't bother dumping those guns for the lulz.

I really think snipers have a place in this game, but at least one of the .50 cal has to go.

For the ones saying: IT'S A GAME!!!

Well, as it's a game, I want the bolt thrower to throw explosive pink dildos, AK-74s to be incendiary, lazer beams and Mammoths as a creature to hunt for food. Also, aliens can hide in zombies and transform you into jelly by touch.

The game is supposed to be a simulation, with the theoretically impossible aspect of Zombies (Infected) breakthrough. Basically, real life with ONE unnatural element to it: Zombies. The rest should be as close as possible in a game as can be. Sniping isn't, as is most of the shooting. Close, better than most games, but still not quite like it (Weapons that never jam... Oh my god do they jam IRL even when you're careful...)

Added note: Even though sniping rifles are military weapons, even along the military they are rare. There is no logical reason for there to be more than one military grade sniper rifle for each of the airfields. A plaethora of AKs, really few Kobras, absolutely no M16/M4... Those should only be at helo crash sites.

i love the idea of weapons jamming. so true!