wulvgar

Public hive major let down, disconnect it.

Isn't it time to turn the servers completely over to real admins with full control ? Its already being done on Tunggle, and we are having fun again with NO cheaters. So what I can't move my gear from server to server. I trust the server I'm using and no plans to switch.

Its obvious public hive will never work with hackers and dupers running rapid. The Admins who are dedicated to running a fun non-cheating server have proven themselves for many many years in other FPS multiplayer games

- Currently they have zero control over cheaters on there own servers.

-This Public Hive model will never work, you cant stop cheating in fps multiplayer games.

- No Battleye can't help the Dev them was crazy to think it will

- Good Admin's who have 100% control over there servers is the only answer.

Who cares you cant take gear from server to server not using public hive. I'm playing a fun server thats policed by Admins instant banned cheaters why would I switch ? And if you do switch servers only takes 20min get guns and ammo if you know where to look.

How do they police it ? they Mod the game giving them full control and disconnected from the hacked hive.

Good by hacked Public Hive.

Hello Private servers :)

PS: I don't read nor respond to Troll post

Edited by Wulvgar
  • Like 5

Then switch to a private hive. No one's forcing you to use the public one.

How can you know if it's a troll-post, without reading it?

Truth of the matter is, if the public hive was removed, then you'd end up with the same shit happening on those shiny clean private servers. No gain against people cheating, big loss in terms of flexibility.

They already have control over their server. The can ban/kick ppl from it oO. If you'd disable hive then a cheater would go on a server without equip and is then killing everybody oO i don't really understand your points

Then switch to a private hive. No one's forcing you to use the public one.

I see a lot of people are doing this, but is it actually legit? I always thought those were kind of the 'hacked' servers.

I agree with this, we have ZERO control on our servers. Stupid.

Then don't host a server.

DayZ Devs are not sitting on their knees begging you to fork over a few bucks every month for one more pitiful server.

If you're not happy with the terms, then don't host a server or switch to a private hive.

This is no more different than the EULA you agree to on every single game and program you install, yet never bother to read.

Go on, install a game or a program, read the EULA and you'll see how many things there will be that will bother you.

Your choice is simple. Accept the EULA (or in DayZ's case, hosting rules) and install the program, or don't accept the EULA and go find something else to do (in Day's case, don't host a server).

It may be your server, but it's not your mod.

Edited by krtshv

though i agree, in doing this they kill part of the concept of the game

how will dayz be different to the other zombie mods for arma without it? they arent exactly busy btw

i would much prefer nonehive servers, its not really a survival game if you can log off and then pick up a couple of days later...

i would much prefer nonehive servers, its not really a survival game if you can log off and then pick up a couple of days later...

You can do that on a private hive. The only difference is that you have to log into the same server.

Edited by krtshv

You have my beans sir. I've made this suggestion already.

There's a reason Blizzard doesn't let players move their WoW characters from server to server at will.

Too much potential for abuse.

I appreciate the experiment, but I believe the experiment is a failure.

The Dayz dev team doesn't have the resources (yet) to make this a real MMO and they don't have the ability to make it work as a mod regardless of resources.

There's just no way to fix all the problems inherent in Arma2

I would prefer to make my own dedicated server for me and my friends where I can limit access to people I trust.

No hackers, no griefers, no problem. Character portability not required.

This wouldn't ruin the game since PvP will still be possible and my friends will kill me as quickly as anyone else but they won't hack and the're not d1k5.

It's literally heartbreaking to spend days on a character, doing everything right, only to be killed randomly by a hacker outside the context of the game and there was nothing you could have done to prevent it.

PS. So how can I set up a private hive server of my own that I can password protect?

Dayz devs don't make the server side code available to download unless you agree to the terms.

That probably means leaked copies which means playing on outdated versions. Which is still preferable to hackers and griefers.

I have my own servers so no need for hosting costs.

Edited by Hutch

when you are on a home server that is being attacked by hackers for 24h straight you start to agree with the whole "disconnect it from the hive"

The hive is valuabe for data collection during the Alpha/Beta phases. It might not be great for the players but the Devs get to know stuff that they need to.

The hive is valuabe for data collection during the Alpha/Beta phases. It might not be great for the players but the Devs get to know stuff that they need to.

Any data they are getting is being significantly altered by hackers.