Tsyn

To hell with primary weapons says the medic

Givin' this another bump, would love to see what more of you folks think about it.

A suggestion that makes sense, is decent and fits DayZ perfectly? On the Suggestions forum? How the hell...

A suggestion that makes sense, is decent and fits DayZ perfectly? On the Suggestions forum? How the hell...

:) Glad to see people voicing their opinion.

Bumping this thread again. I'm pretty 'passionate' about this idea, so hopefully Rocket will read and oblige.

Oh gawd...

If this is implemented I feel sorry for the poor sap that becomes the group pack mule...

I like this idea for the large back pack , it would allow for someone like a medic to carry the extra supplies needed.I think the trade for the primary weapon would be a fair one or else everyone would go for it.

Edited by Talyessin

only problem, loot like hell would be needed, not only to fill your ALICE but also your duffle bag depending in the size, i myself carry three clips plus food for me for days in the game, in the backpack some medical stuff plus more food, i dont think its needed more space, we already have a lot, just dont put any guns in your backpack if your a medic

A few things would have to be changed. The use with tents - would you be allowed to store these bags inside tents or vehicles?

Do you guys think the primary slotted bag would go well with a 'Defibrillator' secondary weapon idea?

Do you guys think the primary slotted bag would go well with a 'Defibrillator' secondary weapon idea?

You read my other post I'm guessing? :P

I like the idea except you wouldnt have a way to defend yourself besides a pistol if you somehow got ambushed or whatever, since pistols with the recent nerf are just garbage, though i bet that'll be pixed. Still amazing idea have my beans sir!

+1 beans, great idea, no real loss of realism which minimizes the amount of inevitable bitching about the update , allows for more team strategy.

Do it.

I like the idea except you wouldnt have a way to defend yourself besides a pistol if you somehow got ambushed or whatever, since pistols with the recent nerf are just garbage, though i bet that'll be pixed. Still amazing idea have my beans sir!

That's why it would be optional - you aren't forced to have one and it's your choice if you want to sacrifice defense for more carry space.

Good idea!

Yeah lets have this implemented ! and lets overlook what is really needed, dont use time preventing hackers/exploiters, please implement this and waste more time on things that is far from essential to a good gameplay. :)

It's the suggestions forum, smartass.

I would like to see this played out. Beans for you, and hopefully this will catch some attention.

I would like to see this played out. Beans for you, and hopefully this will catch some attention.

Indeed... Don't really think Rocket reads the suggestions :c

Might read them, but it'd be cool if he'd reply ;D

Definitely.

This would be awesome. There's a guy in our group who has an itchy trigger finger in stressful situations and I'd rather get shot by a pistol than a rifle. Plus, the lucky little bitch seems to live forever no matter what kills the rest of us.

Sounds like me. :P Shoot like hell, run like shit, survive like a boss.

Related to this post,

You sir, have my beans.

I think that would go well with my idea over here. It would make playing a medic a lot more rewarding, I think (scroll down to the section "Back from the Brink" to cut to the part for medics).