Tsyn

To hell with primary weapons says the medic

How

the

hell

Did we not think of this. This fits perfectly with looting, medics and the heavy weapons.

+1 Would love to see this get implemented.

• Like 8

I like it! I've always wanted to see the vest pouch to be usable with all other back packs, but only holds single slot items, food, blood, ammo, drinks.

• Like 2

It's almost like there's a good benefit and a good 'risk'. Just gotta make sure your medic doesn't get stranded with 50 aggroed zombies.

Definitely.

This would be awesome. There's a guy in our group who has an itchy trigger finger in stressful situations and I'd rather get shot by a pistol than a rifle. Plus, the lucky little bitch seems to live forever no matter what kills the rest of us.

I support this. Neither me nor any of my headstrong friends would use the bag instead of a primary, but it is a cool idea none the less.

• Like 1

I support this. Neither me nor any of my headstrong friends would use the bag instead of a primary, but it is a cool idea none the less.

If you have a large group and you're in a lot of engagements, you'll want a well-stocked medic on your side.

Between glitches, hackers and other squads that camp sites, you WILL get hurt.

Maybe the guy carrying the bag isn't even a medic. Maybe he's carrying all of your sniper rifles, or your food, tools, tents, or looted gear.

You'll want at least one person roaming around that has gear that if something falls through he can either fix the situation or re-gear your fallen team. It's almost like having your own pony :)

Edited by Tsyn
  • Like 2

would be a good item, not only for medics but for runners as well. Not being able to carry a primary weapon is a good idea, as long as you can stock weapons in your backpack

So the ability to carry an extra backpack at the cost of the primary weapon? That's an exellent idea actually.

Id love to see that idea :)

You should also be able to spawn as a messanger, you cant carry items or weapons, and can only speak on direct. You can not be killed.

Aha :D *DONT SHOOT THE MESSANGER!*

I think it's great you're thinking about this but at the end of the day the point of this project is being overlooked - authenticity.

When authenticity is the focus, not "realism" or balance, trade offs like this are outside the scope.

Rocket, implement this, damnit.

Edit: Beans would be nice if people agreed..

Edited by Dr621
  • Like 5

I think it's great you're thinking about this but at the end of the day the point of this project is being overlooked - authenticity.

When authenticity is the focus, not "realism" or balance, trade offs like this are outside the scope.

Where is there no authenticity in this? Think about it. If you were holding a large rifle, your hands are busy, and you need mobility to be able to work your gun. If you have no primary weapon, your hands/chest/arms are available for holding onto a larger pack or something of the sort. Even if it means carrying around a "sack" or "box" to make it not just another backpack strapped onto the front of you (which is authentic as well).

This is entirely real world-plausible, and is not just some game trade-off. If your holding a gun, you need the space, if not, it can be efficiently used to store more items.

• Like 2

Where is there no authenticity in this? Think about it. If you were holding a large rifle, your hands are busy, and you need mobility to be able to work your gun. If you have no primary weapon, your hands/chest/arms are available for holding onto a larger pack or something of the sort.

Are you suggesting that instead of having every squad member carry a med pack on their chest/back/thigh, which gets used by another member when the member becomes a casualty (as opposed to the attendant using his own), you're going to suggest that one player carries everyone's medical supplies, at the cost of combat efficiency?

Are you suggesting that instead of having every squad member carry a med pack on their chest/back/thigh, which gets used by another member when the member becomes a casualty (as opposed to the attendant using his own), you're going to suggest that one player carries everyone's medical supplies, at the cost of combat efficiency?

No, read the OP. It gives the ability for players to carry supplies, obviously everyone should still have the necessities.

Nice idea and something I'd personally love because of the runner for our group and I already only take a pistol (on the off chance I find a good primary) when I look for supplies.

Good idea!

Yeah lets have this implemented ! and lets overlook what is really needed, dont use time preventing hackers/exploiters, please implement this and waste more time on things that is far from essential to a good gameplay. :)