SCHOLAR

HAcker just wiped out us 1586 10 MINUTES AGO

MAN I APPRECIATE THE SENTIMENT

Listen scholar, go take a break, go smoke some weed, drink some beer, see your missis/boyfriends,go toss 1 off over your best m8s mom, relex and then go take a big shit. This game wont change just like that because your throwing your teddies out the pram.

Listen scholar, go take a break, go smoke some weed, drink some beer, see your missis/boyfriends,go toss 1 off over your best m8s mom, relex and then go take a big shit. This game wont change just like that because your throwing your teddies out the pram.

TURDPUPPET.... THANKS FOR THE BUMP

Hackers wiping out servers with a snap of their fingers is a serious problem that needs to be addressed soon and fast because the more rampant that stuff gets the more the player base with just abandon the game altogether.

Agreed...

The first time it happened to me was right after my first trip to the NW airfield, Got myself a DMR and a AS50 with ammo for days!...as soon as me and my friend walked out of the concrete walls...everyone died. I didn't play the game for at least 2 days after that...lol...doesn't seem long, but we all know how long 2 days is away from DayZ...

Seriously, send me a PM and i'll give a you a list of servers i'm playing in. I always make a point of getting to know the admin however possible, and one of my first questions is "Have you ever been hacked?"

JUST PM ME DUDE,,I'LL CHECK THEM OUT....PEACE....

.., BUT LIKE I SAID...I THINK WE'RE BEYOND OCCASSIONAL OCCURENCES NOW....IT'S CRISIS TIME...AND I CAN'T HELP IT IF THE TURDPUPPETS CAN'T SEE IT...BUT I'M TRYING

Edited by SCHOLAR

Hackers wiping out servers with a snap of their fingers is a serious problem that needs to be addressed soon and fast because the more rampant that stuff gets the more the player base with just abandon the game altogether.

THATS IT...U NAILED IT...

...THE TURDPUPPETS THINK I'M JUST SOME RANTER....BECAUSE THEY ARE TURDPUPPETS

*sigh*

Just because an admin can use the kick/ban feature doesn't mean they should or are supposed to.

My facts are solid, and it matters not if you think I'm right or wrong, facts are facts. Admins shell out the money to host a server, but they are not gods, and they are not all powerful.

To address scholar: Please lay off the caps. If you'd like a civil discourse, we can have a civil discourse. Most of us here would agree that hacking is a problem, but typographically screaming all over the forums is not the way to approach this....

Edited by Baelethal

Hey man. Cheating sucks, this is something everyone knows... But I think it's probably a better idea to contact the server operators who'd then try and get some shit sorted out. Yelling in full caps here isn't gonna do anything aside from having someone else yelling in full caps on a forum full of people yelling in full caps.

ALTHOUGH IN A WAY I CAN SEE THE APPEAL. IT'S KINDA LIBERATING.

Hey man. Cheating sucks, this is something everyone knows... But I think it's probably a better idea to contact the server operators who'd then try and get some shit sorted out. Yelling in full caps here isn't gonna do anything aside from having someone else yelling in full caps on a forum full of people yelling in full caps.

ALTHOUGH IN A WAY I CAN SEE THE APPEAL. IT'S KINDA LIBERATING.

THATS IT MAN...LET IT OUT....THERE IS A TIME TO TALK SOFTLY AND A TIME TO SCREAM.....ITS TIME TO SCREAM, AND LET THE TURDPUPPETS PUT COTTON IN THEIR SOFT LITTLE DELICATE EARS

I was implying that yelling in full caps is a little bit daft. Also, repeating the word turdpuppets is weak, bro... Try to get inventive at least.

Yelling here does nothing. Talking to the server admins might achieve something... But I can almost gaurantee you won't get anywhere by fucking screaming in their face.

Edited by Dramatic Exit

I was implying that yelling in full caps is a little bit daft. Also, repeating the word turdpuppets is weak, bro... Try to get inventive at least.

Yelling here does nothing. Talking to the server admins might achieve something... But I can almost gaurantee you won't get anywhere by fucking screaming in their face.

LOOK PUPPET...YOU'RE NOT QUITE TURD YET BUT U ARE GETTING CLOSE...LISTEN....SERIOUS TIMES, SERIOUS MEASURES....I LIKE GAURANTEES,,,NOT ALMOST ANYTHING

*plays on most populated server in the game and doesnt expect tons of hackers to flock to it*

TURDPUPPET.....POPULATED OR NOT IS NOT THE ISSUE.....FAIL

its too late..caps has eaten this thread....

I stopped testing the mod for tonight. Died to someone spawning in behind me and dropping me in the woods ( got back to my body and everything was there...not a thing looted from me nor was the bike I just parked in the tree taken)....then a buddy killed a guy with a G36 sd on him....before I died we had a chopper gunner shooting at us and the chopper was no where in sight!! ( pretty sure the server I was on was last updated Friday so it shouldn't have them yet) Might hold off any further testing of the mod to prepare it for people to spend real money on till the hacking is under control. Though I am sure Rocket has enough data to move forward with the money making full version so I doubt he will miss any further testing from me.

Looking forward to the less hackable stand alone!!!

^this. If Rocket wants to compete with the copy cat games like WarZ, he's going to need to have the best product. Or else people will go play another game.

Uh, don't get attached to your gear? Adjust your expectations and this won't bother you. It's sad that it happens, but it's not the end of the world.

Edit: Rocket has made it clear on numerous occasions that the servers are not capable of doing much more protection against hackers inside of the current architecture. Just get used to it, until he has standalone code that he can optimize and improve in any way he wants.

Edited by TolEressea

THE OP IS RIGHT, THE MOD WILL BE ONLY HACKERS IF WE DONT ACT NOW, AND YOU POOPFAIRIES ARE TALKING ABOUT CAPS LOCK? GIVE ME A BREAK

I can't believe people are backing the hackers. What a bunch of dumbasses.

And I can't believe people are backing the king of the dumbasses. But seriously. We've been told time and time again, Rocket and Day Z can do nothing to fix hacking.

Get the following into your head.

The Arma 2 engine is flawed and has multiple security holes. Rocket can't fix Arma 2, he's the developer only of the Day Z mod.

Therefore, at the very least, you're bitching in the wrong god damn forum. No amount of refusing to stop using your caps lock will make anyone here or the creators of Day Z able to fix this problem.

Go complain on the arma forums.

Edited by WisdomSnork

Q.Q.

Noone gives a shit, move along.

Well, the devs do to a degree, but yeah.

OP, as of right now, hackers are a risk that come with this game mod. They will slowly be weeded out, but for the time being, it's just something you'll have to deal with. Maybe try less populated servers?

Edited by Zexis

It seems like the only alternative to playing the game is to not play it and just wait for it to go stand-alone if your that bothered by hackers. So that pretty much means we are shit outa luck. Or wait untill next year to play warz when it comes out. It sucks but its the aweful truth. Go find another game. I'll stick it out for while longer untill they finally do get me pissed off enough but I am just a really persistent guy who can take a lot before giving up.

harry-potter-magic-wand.jpg

LET ME WAVE MY MAGIC WAND AND FIX THIS RIGHT AWAY FOR YOU

Edited by Jachim

I can't believe people are backing the hackers. What a bunch of dumbasses.

Maybe their the hackers?

Yeah because only hackers would flame a poorly researched fruitless plea that's not even on the right website, let alone right forum.

Edited by WisdomSnork