rocket

HOTFIX 1.5.8.4 Rollng Update

I keep getting the MOD CBA_MAIN ERORR everytime i start in a server i see nothing but plain empty hills as far as the eye can see can someone tell me how to fix this???

The CBA_MAIN is of no consequence, ignore it.

As for the empty hills, it sounds like you've spawned outside of the bounds of the map. I've been told you can get back in the game area by going south until you hear the ocean (you won't see it though). Once you do that, hook to the east and eventually you should come back to Kamenka.

I was trying for well over an hour yesterday to place a tent in a wide open flat field. Never did manage to get it to place. What gives?

I've tried every spot that was flat, wide open, and free of ferns I could find with the exception of roads and in the middle of towns and still could not place mine. I'm so paranoid that I'm going to die with this in my backpack that I've been lurking in the forests half-starved and thirsty like some kind of crazed wildman freaking out at every little noise.

Has anyone been able to place a tent since the patch?

I did. Placed one today, but only was able to do it in a middle of field. No objects, bla bla bla... No point in placing them as personal stuff saving point if you cant hide it.

* [FIXED] Fires can't be placed in buildings

* [FIXED] Tent's cannot be placed easily (reduced object checking zone area)

I tryed to place Tent today' date=' but still cannot place it hear different objects.

+Campfires not placing in buildings. not even in large hangars

[/quote']

Really? I placed a campfire in the Church in Elektro last night. It did attract alot of zombies, but it worked.

So what am I supposed to do now, Im spawning in the dark woods with no gear (except the survival ones) and thirsty.

Been trying to play togerer with my firends all day now but one of us always spawn in a different location when logging in on a server. Is realy frustrating :

Just want to thank rocket for his hard work and the rest of the team, never seen such a dedicated team to a mod like this has :D

I did. Placed one today' date=' but only was able to do it in a middle of field. No objects, bla bla bla... No point in placing them as personal stuff saving point if you cant hide it.

[/quote']

It took me a while to figure out.

I can walk a short distance with the inventory still up.

I spam clicked 'deploy tent' while walking around a little and it actually deployed a lot more easily.

It then glitched out and i could place infinite tents. dumped it out of inventory and had like 6 show up on ground...

grabbed 1 went somewhere else and set a new tent for my self.

Trees were pretty close to it so I think it's just a matter of first click placement being buggy?

I did. Placed one today' date=' but only was able to do it in a middle of field. No objects, bla bla bla... No point in placing them as personal stuff saving point if you cant hide it.

[/quote']

I spam clicked 'deploy tent' while walking around a little and it actually deployed a lot more easily.

It then glitched out and i could place infinite tents. dumped it out of inventory and had like 6 show up on ground...

Trees were pretty close to it so I think it's just a matter of first click placement being buggy?

I did the same thing you did but it never worked for me. Was your tent in your inventory prior to the 1.5.8 update? Someone thought that maybe those prior to 1.5.8 are bugged, the ones after aren't, but I don't know.

I tried placing them in roads, on airfields, no luck.

[/quote']

Thanks for the tip, it actually worked - that being said, it still took about an hour of trying before it finally threw down.

Just want to thank rocket for his hard work and the rest of the team' date=' never seen such a dedicated team to a mod like this has :D

[/quote']

lol... brown nose much

I`ve had a some strange bug yesterday. Traveling with a friend, we noticed that while I have already started the dark night, he was still admiring the sunset. How can this be?

Have also seen the above posted bug. (Night for some not for others)

Despawn on player bodies too fast and unreliably timed.

Despawn on Zombides not quick enough.

Flies don't leave after bodies disappear.

Guns sometimes don't drop when picking up new weapon.

All ammo for all guns drops when dropping primary weapon.

Theres some feedback and bugs I've found.

Thanks.

[MERC]Revir

Had a bug on a few NZ/Aus servers where im freezing upon entering the game, i can see zombies moving around, hear flies buzzing, but just can't move.

Note: this after my spawn reset to one of the coastals even though i had not died (i still have all my gear etc).

okay since that last update i cant the game (it is pointless now to play at all) here is what happens:

Login: I login where i logged off but i have lost all my stuff due to swimming in the floor for an instant before character loads.

I cannot respawn correctly as it keeps loading on where i left off previous login, even though i have bleed out and been eatin by zombies i am starving i am negative blood level and i am thirsty (i cannot die)!! ) =(

I have no weapon.. i have some items i picked up last night wich is strange cause the same thing was happening last night..

This mod is unplayable atm for me since the update.

lol... brown nose much

What's he brown nosing for? He's thanking and complimenting the team on their hard work? Is that considered brown nosing now?

Guys! Everybody stop thanking the devs. You're brown nosing!

so what does this patch do lol

It has to do with the unique ID's that are generated in the database every time you die and make a new character. I suppose Rocket was hitting the limit so he had to expand it.

okay since that last update i cant the game (it is pointless now to play at all) here is what happens:

Login: I login where i logged off but i have lost all my stuff due to swimming in the floor for an instant before character loads.

I cannot respawn correctly as it keeps loading on where i left off previous login' date=' even though i have bleed out and been eatin by zombies i am starving i am negative blood level and i am thirsty (i cannot die)!! ) =(

I have no weapon.. i have some items i picked up last night wich is strange cause the same thing was happening last night..

This mod is unplayable atm for me since the update.

[/quote']

1. I had the same bug, I spawned, started swimming on the ground, and all my stuff, backpack gone, only flashlight and tools like map and compass left. Then I disconnected and I manage to spawn again without problems and all my stuff back. Weird. It happened on TX3 server.

2. an important issue with contextual menu :

When you save a tent or remove barbed wire, for instance, you can't do any other type of actions after. Even when theres no tent around, the menu shows "save old camping tent" if you have previously saved a tent, so you can't cook meat or repair vehicle. Same thing with remove barbed wire, even when there's no barbed wire they give me the "remove barbed wire option".

I think the "check code" that occurs every second to check if there's interaction around is broken. It resets on disconnecting a server, I assume.

3. met a survivor that turned invisible for some reason, maybe a skin problem, was kinda funny.

4. And finally, a graphical glitch at NW airfield with polygons and strange artefacts appearing there.

Edit :

Sorry if those bugs were already reported, these are the major issues I had with .4, things that should be fixed in priority.

I wonder if other people have had the graphical glitch in NWAF, around the control tower ? Maybe it's an Arma 2 bug, but never had it before.

By REVIR: Have also seen the above posted bug. (Night for some not for others)

Despawn on player bodies too fast and unreliably timed.

Despawn on Zombides not quick enough.

Flies don't leave after bodies disappear.

Guns sometimes don't drop when picking up new weapon.

All ammo for all guns drops when dropping primary weapon.

Theres some feedback and bugs I've found.

I have also witnessed these same instances across several servers. In addition,

I gutted an animal and was rearranging my gear to make room for the raw meat and before I could pick the meat up, the animal disappeared. Could use a distance check from the animal to the player to ensure it stays there til not needed.

I pivoted in a ground level doorway and broke a bone (there was no fall). Bones seem to break far too easily.

The sunshine tweak on the temp works too good. Now there is no loss at all if it is raining and the sun is still out.

Flares should provide some sort of heat compensation as well.

Just about died tonight due to some bugs.

Fell from the top of a ladder (specifically, the ladder that leads to the top of the control tower at the NE Airfield). When I stepped off the ladder at the top, I was moved too far to the right and was clipped out of the area in which I could walk, causing me to fall. (For the record I had an M1014 in hand.) A friend saved me with medical supplies but only barely, as I had somehow clipped into the wall; he had to target my foot, which was the only part of me sticking out of the building, and dragged me away.

I connected to the server at one point and despite not having sustained any injury and still having a modest amount of blood (8k), I was passed out and had to wait for the hourglass to dump before I could move. Still, I was stuck swimming in the earth and for some reason locked into my binoculars ("B" key wouldn't do anything). I was able to get free by using my mouse wheel to select a different weapon, then standing up and vaulting.

I was also unable to gut animals for some reason. (Yes, I had a Hunting Knife, I know how it works.)

The "Save old camping tent" contextual command would never leave the mouse wheel menu no matter how far away from the tent I went.

I think that was all that I observed from tonight's playing.

Seeing the same reported issues.

Flies with no bodies.

Tents not placeable at all.

Guns disappearing when swapping weapons on ground.

Context sensitive commands getting stuck on repair helicopter etc.

My FPS problem was some-what fixed but I noticed I got dog FPS again when I zoomed in with a CZ and it just stayed there even when I changed weapons.

Any of those with FPS problem have a CZ? /shrug

i have two problens last night...

1° when i swin on lake, my goods drop away.. equipaments.. everything.. ( i got back, but i almost lost all).

2° zumbis pass the walls and doors, i was defending a house, when zombies come from doors and walls to atack.

thx and keep going :D