rocket

HOTFIX 1.5.8.4 Rollng Update

-snip-

Courtesy of facepunch

Those comics are the best thing to come out of Homestuck.

And -insert facepunch insult here-

1.5.8.4:

Loading in will either spawn me in my current character, with correct gear, stats and location -- or as a buggy bandit in a building in elektro, where everything messes up and occasionally crashes. This was happening on alternate relogs but now it's continuously spawning me into this bandit dream character.

Emailing RPT.

It's still screwed up for me.....

I keep respawning in the same spot in a barn with 2,000 blood and a broken leg with someone elses stats

Clicking respawn just respawns in the same spot

So I tried to let a zombie kill me and it just kept attacking me until -50,000 blood and I won't die

No one else on the server is having the problem (so its not the server)

dont worry your not the only one its just that those who are having the problem probably gave up trying to spawn 2 hours ago, should probably go play vanilla or another game for a few hours and come back and see if its fixed

ive given up for the night, ive tried reinstalling mod but its the same, every time i get to the final "Loading" screen where the chat disappears, and it crashes/freezes there. Have to alt tab out and close it in task manager. Sure youll get it sorted soon enough! Cheers.

I've updated FR4 with this version and the new HIVE but can not repair or refuel vehicles or refill jerry cans at the fuel tanks.

Is anyone having this trouble?

There's been no reports of trouble connecting or spawning though :)

I've updated to latest version and for the first two times I guess I dismissed it as the server dropping.

I know I safely logged off the third time.

Every time I log into ohio 1-2 I find my self with my backpack with a revolver I stuck in it before all the updates began. (each time i logged in i spent about an hour hitting the nearest town and stocking up on various items, mainly wood as I'm at 50 TempVar.

This is 3rd time in a row I lost all my wood supplies and changed inventory to get reset back to this previous state.

I'm gonna try playing on a different server now but is this just me?

I was playing on OHIO 2 earlier and I crossed the map, got different equipment and whatever. When I switched servers I ended up back where I started on OHIO 2 with the equipment I had at the start. Meaning that nothing saved, including my location, on OHIO 2.

I've randomly lost my entire main inventory. My primary weapon/secondary weapon, food, meds, ammo, bandages are all gone. Tools such as GPS, Map, Compass, matches, etc... are still there, as well as my entire backpack inventory.

Flinch, the Ohio servers JUST updated the hive file, so whatever you did before it was updated was not saved.it has been fixed. I was in team speak with server owners, and all seems to be well on Ohio 1 2 3

I'm still having a lot of issues with tent placement, it's not working correctly. I'd prefer if it didn't check for objects at all, similar to barricades, but that would be very exploitable. The current system is completely broken, though. I cannot put a tent anywhere. I tried on a bare mountaintop and a completely flat road, but still nothing.

Nice touch with adding in the torrent, making any new updates super easy to install :'D

I'm still having a lot of issues with tent placement' date=' it's not working correctly. I'd prefer if it didn't check for objects at all, similar to barricades, but that would be very exploitable. The current system is completely broken, though. I cannot put a tent anywhere. I tried on a bare mountaintop and a completely flat road, but still nothing.

[/quote']

I'm very new so I might not see the issue, but whats wrong with the tent placement anywhere? So it clips into a rock or tree or whatever, all the better for a hidden supply depot, and knowing this people will pay much closer attention to small details like part of a tent sticking out from some object. Right now tents are silly, out in the open with big loot me signs on them.

New oddness emerging. Everytime i spawn its in water in wilderness as a bandit with a few of the other players from the server. Been fine on 1.5.8.4 for a bit. I did have one other issue. I was jumping back to where i spawned like every five minutes, i would be looking the same way and doing the same thing, ie crouching and aiming or something, but i would be back exactly where i started, i tried to switch server, then i got the spawn in the sea thing.

It's all getting a bit 'Lost'. Waking up in different places, not knowing anything, sometimes as someone else

My character is suddenly invisible when in 3rd person mode after playing with this hotfix for a bit. I've also spawned a few times seemingly without a character to control.

Just thought i'd add, isn't it amazing? 70-80,000 people play testing an alpha version of a game, us, the gamers. Not a paid employee of a huge multinational company who is working on bullshit demographics from market research data and god knows what else to bring us the latest in a stream of shit hiding behind small walls games and racist bullying multiplayers. After all the GTAs and the Skyrims, this is the game that shows that gaming is a true story telling artform and people dont need big games companies and DRM and multi million dollar budgets. Well done Rocket, well done Bohemia Interactive :)

Just thought i'd add' date=' isn't it amazing? 70-80,000 people play testing an alpha version of a game, us, the gamers. Not a paid employee of a huge multinational company who is working on bullshit demographics from market research data and god knows what else to bring us the latest in a stream of shit hiding behind small walls games and racist bullying multiplayers. After all the GTAs and the Skyrims, this is the game that shows that gaming is a true story telling artform and people dont need big games companies and DRM and multi million dollar budgets. Well done Rocket, well done Bohemia Interactive :)

[/quote']

This, good job Dayz dev team. Haven't had a thrill in gaming like this for a loooong time!

Is anyone else having issues with not being able to repair or fuel vehicles now?

Seems to be widespread in all servers

Is anyone else having issues with not being able to repair or fuel vehicles now?

Seems to be widespread in all servers

Same. Moving everything to the Gear selection seems to have broken all kinds of stuff.

Looks like it might be prudent to wait a day or two for things to settle down before logging on.

Good thing I have Diablo 3! ;)

This patch was good Rocket...keep it up!:D

GOOD SIDE: Performance improved by like %50!

BAD SIDE: Zombies now walk through buildings, doors, floors, walls, and can also see and attack you through them and now zombies teleport to you even if you are on a roof! :(

I'm getting the game today, what bad timing! Hopefully I can still have a few hours of play through (or at least until I die) before it starts respawning me as other characters and such. Anyway thanks Rocket and DayZ Staff for all your efforts!