EpicPencil

Is everyone in DayZ like this?

Today is my second day of DayZ. So far I have mixed feelings about it. Anyways, today i was in Cherno, trying to get some supplies, but i fell and broke my leg. I stopped the bleeding and everything and started to crawl towards some gun fire I heard, hoping someone would show a little kindness to someone with literally no weapons, a few items and a broken left leg. I found the shots coming from a small warehouse. A man was inside firing an M1911. I typed in to chat "Whoever's in there, can you help me because I have a broken leg.". The mystery shooter came outside, took one look at me, and shot me. I don't understand. I posed absolutely zero threat to him, had little to no supplies on me, and yet he still murdered me, in cold blood. If I was in his position, I would help the person out. Is everyone in the game like this? I certainly hope not, seeing as how I'd like this game to be fun, not full of assholes, like cod players. I've heard these players are called "bandits". But everyone I've came across in my journey has been a complete douche or has ignored me.

• Like 19

Today is my second day of DayZ. So far I have mixed feelings about it. Anyways, today i was in Cherno, trying to get some supplies, but i fell and broke my leg. I stopped the bleeding and everything and started to crawl towards some gun fire I heard, hoping someone would show a little kindness to someone with literally no weapons, a few items and a broken left leg. I found the shots coming from a small warehouse. A man was inside firing an M1911. I typed in to chat "Whoever's in there, can you help me because I have a broken leg.". The mystery shooter came outside, took one look at me, and shot me. I don't understand. I posed absolutely zero threat to him, had little to no supplies on me, and yet he still murdered me, in cold blood. If I was in his position, I would help the person out. Is everyone in the game like this? I certainly hope not, seeing as how I'd like this game to be fun, not full of assholes, like cod players. I've heard these players are called "bandits". But everyone I've came across in my journey has been a complete douche or has ignored me.

Sorry to say, but yeah, a lot of people in DayZ are like this. And....they'll give you a lot of shit for "not getting it".

Don't let it get under your skin though. Life is cheap in Chernarus. Death is free.

When this mod first started out, we were running a little camp in the Cherno hospital, taking in and equipping everyone. Now Cherno (and most of the map) is a kill on sight zone. Its just the way things are. Don't let it get to you, people by nature seem to be very hard to trust. However, there are some of us here and there that go against this trend. So no, not everyone is this way, but most are.

• Like 9

You will realize after som hours of death that the most fun about this game is dying. Cause you will always have a new fresh start!

Edited by Baltsar

It's less about people being assholes, and more about them not being able to trust you. How did that guy know you weren't laying on the ground, pretending to be incapacitated. My group and I have a strict Shoot on Sight policy provided the person isn't unarmed. It's not about killing him as much as it is about not dying.

• Like 1

The most important thing is not to let it get to you. Yeah, it's upsetting, but it's the nature of the game; people don't want to die and are extremely hesitant to trust.

Though they are not always like that. Take the TMW, for example:

http://dayzmod.com/f...ce-we-can-help/

Just like in life, you'll run into all kinds. Just don't let the bad experiences sour the good. Most people are simply paranoid and scared, though some are just jerks. I hope you'll keep at it.

Edited by Nesstrodamus

Yeah mate, sometimes you might survive an encounter if you're completely unarmed and you're more than 30 meters away from the survivor but 99% of the times two survivors meet, one dies.

Edited by Nucleqrwinter

I just hike up into the woods and avid other survivors, live off the land as much as I can. Hate going down into cities when my supplies run low, cause there's always some asshole somewhere who gets a hard on from ruining soeone's day. Ah well, such if life after Armageddon. I'd only trust the people you know just to be safe.

lol with all the people in the woods, even the woods aren't safe these days.

Trusting randoms is a stupid thing to do. If you want help in this game, you're going to have to meta and find a group on the forums, etc. The thing is, there is very little advantage for a group to take in a complete stranger, and HUGE risk of being backstabbed.

That said, most people definitely just play with their own group and treat everyone else as enemies. The end-game is definitely territorial PvP more than anything else.

I think the introduction of base building (with bottleneck entrances) will allow for more varied play -- player cities, hospitals, etc. We'll see.

• Like 3

Think about the positive side of it all:

You get a much warmer feeling everytime when you encounter a friendly player!

You had nothing and you were in Cherno with a broken leg. You asked for help.

Seems to me like you got help.

• Like 13

started to crawl towards some gun fire I heard.

The mystery shooter came outside, took one look at me, and shot me.

I don't understand.

Seems like a fairly easy situation to understand, but maybe that's just me.

• Like 1

I'm one of the few who is "nice" apparently

I am nice as well, the only drawback is I get killed alot by people cause I don't shoot first o.O

they start shooting me I get a few shots off and they die shortly after me anyway... but I don't hoard weapons like some of them pricks so starting all over with each death cause of idiots is so crap.

• Like 1

Wow, thats harsh. I sometimes bandit around, but i have my own limits. If a person like you was to come up to me, i would heal you, not give you a gun or anything, but i would help you out. If somebody has a gun, however, i either KOS or make them drop it until im out of the area. Talk about losing a coyote backpack, m4a3, g17, and a bunch of other goodies to a guy with a makorov. Just because the menu on the left was popped up i couldn't shoot, didnt realize til I was dead.

• Like 3

Not everyone who plays this game is a certified douchebag, and when you find those people who are friendly, cherish them. They will be rarer than a mountain dew drop, but are possibly the most powerful resource in this game--a glimmer of humanity in a world gone cold.

Edited by Baelethal
  • Like 10

You had nothing and you were in Cherno with a broken leg. You asked for help.

Seems to me like you got help.

This ^

Besides, as mentioned before, how was he to know you where really unarmed and asking for help - v.s. baiting him out so your sniper friend could smoke him?

No one knows if someone is legit or not. I would have shot you in 2 seconds flat tbh.

Well after you spend a few more days on this mod you'll realize there really is not much to do. Surviving in itself is not hard to do at all. Run away from the newb zone go to a town get some supplies. Eventually you'll get a hatchet, matches, and hunting knife then you can enjoy the rest of your dayz life out in the woods if you want. Once you realize zombies aren't that big of a deal and are easily dealt with the only thing left to do in the game is interact with other players...attempting to shoot them is more entertaining for me. I say attempting because I'm terrible and can't hit the broad side of a barn so I usually end up respawning instead of the other guy but it's still entertaining.

Oh and vehicles are good fun. Just enjoying a drive down the ro- OH GOD WE'RE GETTING SHOT AT SERPENTINE SERPENTINE!

Don't go there if you don't want to die.

I know exactly how you feel. But I have been getting/giving a lot more help lately. I find that if you get away from the big cities you'll find a lot more laid back people.

Whenever I have to go into Cherno, Electro or Berezina I am on high alert. The adrenaline gets pumping and you're just waiting for some sniper to pop you. In this condition, If someone surprised me I might even KOS.

hey you cant complain really, he did fix ur leg by makin you respawn

• Like 2

While this does seem to be the case across the board, I've encountered a few survivors not hell-bent on exterminating the human race. I met a pair yesterday right after I spawned by Balota. They let me in their shelter and gave me a hatchet they weren't using.

I killed 87 zeds with that hatchet.

While I'm on the subject, to the group in Zrakon that will probably never see this post, I'm sorry I greased your friend, but he shot at me first.

• Like 1