Jahgrid

PvE DayZ servers petition.

Flag PVP characters with PVP only access. Flag PVE characters with PVE only access. Require a server restart to change from PVE to PVP. Make both games identical.

Anyone saying anything different just wants to keep sniping carebears on the coast because they're being bullied at school by the fat kid who keeps taking their lunch money, bullied at work by the guy with mustard on his tie who tells too many long-winded jokes, or unemployed alcoholics who hate their dead-end lives. Once you get over the hurdle of tagging character creation with PVE or PVP only, there's no more work to be done at all. The complaints are coming from people who will now be surrounded by characters who are READY for them and who they can't exploit by pretending to be nice. Now all of the lunatics will be locked in the asylum with the guards.

Personally, I play my FPS's hardcore with friendly fire, so I'm not particularly concerned. But it's funny listening to the bandits whine that they won't be able to fake innocence and then hatchet players in the face anymore because everyone will be just as ready for combat as they are. Which brings up an interesting point...hm...

None of what you wrote made any coherent sense whatsoever, but thanks for making assumptions about people who disagree with you.

IMO for this to work there would need to be two hives, one for PvE and one for PvP. With seperate and multiple characters.

Could be seen as a possible option in the future, once it's farther along in development though.

The people that are against it seem to be against it because they don't want to PvP people that are actually interested in it. Does their playstyle ruin your gaming experience? Does it break your immersion? DayZ is sandbox, keeping you entertained with the ability for you to do what you want, when you want. Granted you can PvP if you want to, but there should also be the ability to not PvP if you don't want to. I know this may come as an extremely scary and shocking thought, but some people are more interested in the zeds.

That's what the "carebears" or, casuals as I'd put it, are asking for.

Don't hate on PvE because you don't want to shoot at people interested in shooting back.

Edited by Snapalapagus

IMO for this to work there would need to be two hives, one for PvE and one for PvP.

Could be seen as a possible option in the future, once it's farther along in development though.

The people that are against it seem to be against it because they don't want to PvP people that are actually interested in it. Does their playstyle ruin your gaming experience? Does it break your immersion? DayZ is sandbox, keeping you entertained with the ability for you to do what you want, when you want. Granted you can PvP if you want to, but there should also be the ability to not PvP if you don't want to.

That's what the "carebears" or, casuals as I'd put it, are asking for.

Don't hate on PvE because you don't want to shoot at people interested in shooting back.

What you are essentially asking is that the game play on your own terms. One of the big draw of DayZ is that everyone is affecting everyone in the game. There is no equal access to loot or locations, and you have to compose with whoever you are playing with, for the best and for the worst.

Choice to tailor the game to your liking is nice in some games, but this game would lose it's appeal if it would bend to the wants and needs of everyone, it's an experience that you have to take as it is and let it wash over your face really.

What you are essentially asking is that the game play on your own terms. One of the big draw of DayZ is that everyone is affecting everyone in the game. There is no equal access to loot or locations, and you have to compose with whoever you are playing with, for the best and for the worst.

Choice to tailor the game to your liking is nice in some games, but this game would lose it's appeal if it would bend to the wants and needs of everyone, it's an experience that you have to take as it is and let it wash over your face really.

On my terms? Hold it right there. Where did I say anything about my own playstyle?

You're oblivious to how I play, and it will continue to remain a mystery because it will only dilute a logical opinion seen as a neutrality.

Still sandbox, get to the point.

Edit: Actually I've read an interview somewhere and rocket said that DayZ isn't intended to be a balls out PvP circle

jerk. I'll try to find it and edit this post accordingly.

Edit 2: http://www.dayzpvp.c...with-machinima/

Read it and weep. Two exerpts from the interview:

"Rocket admits that once people figure the game out (he says it doesn’t take long) there has to be more for them to do. The bandit “problem” is due to there not being enough to do for the advanced players. Dean says he is going to add “group play” and “construction options”. These are more “authentic” things that fit the mod well. He does tell us that he is not working on this yet, but that the planning is beginning. Rocket says that these things are possible. He wants people to control their world and change it."

"Rocket mentions that he is a “carebear” and he has only killed one person in-game. He said it really changed him, seems he did not like it. Seems strange huh? Yet kind of cool. Rocket would rather group up with friends and do the co-op thing."

Wanna bust his chops too? It's coming.

/thread

Edited by Snapalapagus

Not going to happen, you can get thousands of signatures. Rocket has said PVP is an integral part of Day Z. When will you people fucking learn.

DayZ isn't a game where you have to pvp, there is no victory tied to it, peoples PvP because they want to, or feel that they have to, there is nothing in the rules that say that they have to PVP. So in essence a server could have a LOT of pvp going on, or none at all, it's all up to the players.

DayZ isn't a game where you have to pvp, there is no victory tied to it, peoples PvP because they want to, or feel that they have to, there is nothing in the rules that say that they have to PVP. So in essence a server could have a LOT of pvp going on, or none at all, it's all up to the players.

and when people decide they don't want PvP on their server? there is also nothing in the rules about people not being able to PvE without the potential for griefing either.

You should try looking at things from the other side of the spectrum.

Edited by Snapalapagus

How about this radical idea - have pve as a SP (single player) mission?

Everything is the same as online. The only difference:

1) No other players

2) For simplicity have only zombies that have 3x or 5x health

3) I'd love to see military patrols on the coast (they would shoot everything on site) in 10 NPC teams (only 1 or 2) with a support vehicle - not happening

4) Mission - spawn at NE of the map, get to SW coast, find boat and get on board a carrier (that appears after 96 hours of gameplay) within 24 hours

5) Everyone would love to have Slenderman and Santa lookalike characters in the forests at night (basically normal zombies with 10x health that spawn at night between 100 and 300 meters from the player once or twice) - not happening

6) No server, no online, no need to have an internet connection

7) Call it the dayz tutorial - let people get used to dayz

8) Do not update after release unless it has too many bugs

Come on headshot me!!!

• Like 1

I would be for and mix of both. Forests and small residences (farms) are pve but once you step foot in larger towns or military bases etc you become flagged for pvp.

I'm the biggest carebear around. Only ever killed one other player.

I hate getting shot at, I'm all about cooperation.

But I think it PVE-Only servers would kill DayZ.

A PvE server literally annihilates the entire purpose of Day Z. It's a zombie survival simulation. Not a human vs zombies game (i.e. CoD Nazi Zombies). There's a difference. People fail to consider many of the aspects that would come along with a zombie apocalypse. Everyone would be on edge, tense, and spiteful. The PvP aspect reflects an unavoidable part of the human psyche. People would undoubtedly be killing each other for supplies, guns, food, etc. Removing this part of the game effectively ruins one of the most interesting parts of the game. Every great story I have from Day Z was about a dangerous firefight, a tense negotiation, or another player who I'd opened fire upon unexpectedly saving my life. I don't understand why anyone would want to remove this from the game. I doubt Rocket will ever allow it either.

I've made a petition to Rocket to make PvE servers please sign in. This is the link to it http://www.gopetitio...for-rocket.html

Even though I don't understand how you could hold interest in pve only I'll think there should be one because some people just want to win 24/7 and the only way that's going to happen is play against the AI only. I'm not sure if a zombies have ever killed me.

Is everyone ignoring the fact that you can already do this with a private hive? Announce that it is PvE only and any PvP killers will be banned after their 2nd kill. Bam, PvE DayZ server.

But.... The PvE player base wants it to be official so they can then demand PvE content. This is the major problem all DayZ players should have with this proposal, the splitting of dev time between Rocket's vision of a dangerous world where everyone can do anything they want and a game that forces everyone into one coop play style.

Edited by MasterSith