Sign in to follow this  
bappel12@gmail.com

When are the artifacts going to be fixed?

Sorry if this is a double post or has been already fixed - I haven't found anything. I have so many artifacts on my screen I can't see in front of me...

When they remove barbed wire fences / tank traps because they're what are causing them. Why they're even in the game at this stage is beyond me... Make bear traps more abundant. They're not a "leave it and troll" item so much because any joe shlomo can disable it if it's placed in an obvious spot like every fucking door to every high end loot building in the game.

Barbed wire etc used to cause this, but I'm pretty sure it's now caused by those modelled dead military zombies you see on the floor around military bases (and central Cherno).

HOPEFULLY we don't have to wait long for this to be patched. Broken features I can live with, but when I literally can't see five metres in front of me, it's a game breaking issue that needs to be addressed immediately.

• Like 1

I'm getting excessive artifacting since the update. It's really bad and happens through terrain/trees. I literally can not see a thing with this going on. I think that it is the wire and bear traps as it only really happens when they're around but it's a shot in the dark at best. I've come across bear traps that didn't artifact and i've come across barbed wire that didn't artifact either. Usually happens around airfields and or grocery stores... Would really like to see this fixed. :(

yeh this is especially brutal in combo with a dangerous place....nwa u really need to be able to look in all directions not just into the middle of nowhere....even feels like some players know what happening and are exploiting it. i stepped on a beartrap at the nwa when i literally had no choice but to walk blind for a min towards the artifacts. pretty brutal, saw another player who looked like he couldnt see properly either...just stupid.

Roll back to:

dayz_anim_v0.4

dayz_code_v1.7.2.3

dayz_v1.3.1

ARMA2_OA_Build_95208

And your problems will probably disappear again. I've just done it after logging out looking directly at a problem area in Stary.. lo and behold on the old version, no issues. No issues with finding a server either, there are plenty on 1.7.2.3 still.

thnx for info. my home server is playin on 1.7.2.4 so im kinda stuck on what happens with that...plus was already gettin wire artifacts before just not as much.

yeh this is especially brutal in combo with a dangerous place....nwa u really need to be able to look in all directions not just into the middle of nowhere....even feels like some players know what happening and are exploiting it. i stepped on a beartrap at the nwa when i literally had no choice but to walk blind for a min towards the artifacts. pretty brutal, saw another player who looked like he couldnt see properly either...just stupid.

Funny that you mention it I think a lot of people are abusing it... I was in an airfield(Had nothing on me so no big deal) and all of a sudden there was massive artifacting at the entrance of the hanger(I walked into it and looked around a fair few times with no artifacts) next thing I get shot at while i'm stuck looking to the ground.

I'm pretty sure it's now caused by those modelled dead military zombies you see on the floor around military bases (and central Cherno).

Yep, was in Stary last night and it clearly came out of one of these guys on the ground.

I've just had members of my server complain about this and I also find myself pretty annoyed by this I nearly died last night in NW.

Is it possible to act against these abusers by say a temp ban?

I know in the rules it says there are only two reason you may ban someone but this is imo groundbreaking for players..

Specially when I have members coming up to me saying that they are not enjoying playing on my server because of it..

This is what I got last night on entering from the North side of Berezino, My friend said you got me covered m8, I said I carnt I carnt see anything, This is what I saw, This is a serious game breaking issue and needs to be adressed asap. Its evidentally unplayable.

2012-07-29_00005.jpg

2012-07-29_00004.jpg

2012-07-29_00003.jpg

2012-07-29_00002.jpg

2012-07-29_00001.jpg

Someone mentioned barbed wire, In fact the Deer Hut that you see in one of the shots actually has barbed wire round the bottom.

Edited by nufcmickey

supposedly if you hit shift + 'minus key" and then type type flush it clears it up temporarily.

any1 confirm if this clears it at all? im experiencing pretty game breaking stuff with these artifacts. just got killed by a player i could hear but not see!!!! he cudnt have been more than a few feet from me yet its totally broken.

several ad hoc fixes exist;

first try going into video options -> advanced and setting video memory to 'default' (or just changing setting)

or try turning vsync on/off

finally check the trouble shooting forum for a scene complexity setting (10k).

the video memory setting worked for me btw.

If you go to "My Documents/ARMA II/" and open your player profile with notepad, you can press "control+F" and type in "scenecomplexity." The number should be 100,000 or 300,000 or something like that. Whatever it is, change it to another number. For instance, I went from 300,000 to 100,000.

This is only a temporary fix and can work for anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. Something about changing that number resets a graphics thing and makes the game playable.

I ran into severe problems at Balota airfield, and this fixed everything right up. It is coming from dead military soldiers (not zombies) and occasionally from barbed wire, but not always.

***Does not work for everyone***

I ave actually stopped playing the mod for now until this is resolved, there is no point in letting someone get the upper hand on me because this game has a serious visual glitch.

To confirm what someone mentioned above: I'm getting the artefact issue when nearby dead soldiers - If you look away from their position the artefacts disappear. This left me massively vulnerable when raiding the airport last night! Obsessed with DayZ, but sadly the glitch means I have to avoid certain areas of the map (usually with decent loot nearby)...

Also, no amount of flushing or graphics changes make a difference. 5 of us were playing last night and only one person was free from artefacts.

I've just had members of my server complain about this and I also find myself pretty annoyed by this I nearly died last night in NW.

Is it possible to act against these abusers by say a temp ban?

I know in the rules it says there are only two reason you may ban someone but this is imo groundbreaking for players..

Specially when I have members coming up to me saying that they are not enjoying playing on my server because of it..

That would be blatant abuse. It is your fault in the first place for walking into the artefacts. Whenever I see them appearing, I turn round and head the other way. SImple.

Here's a fix.

Options>video options>advanced>video memory>default

That's not a fix.

• Like 1

That's not a fix.

But it is.

Not an official patch or anything, but it's a jury rig or a quick fix. Gets rid of artifacting, so what's the matter?

One thing I've found to work for me is to press 'M' in-game to open up your map, alt-tab to windows then switch back to the game, press 'M' again to close your map and you'll get the 'Receiving...' message, then everything has been fine. Works even if you don't have a map.

That's only something I've tried though, but its worked the two times for me that it appeared, at the Starry tents and NW airfield.

Edited by Anton17

One thing I've found to work for me is to press 'M' in-game to open up your map, alt-tab to windows then switch back to the game, press 'M' again to close your map and you'll get the 'Receiving...' message, then everything has been fine. Works even if you don't have a map.

That's only something I've tried though, but its worked the two times for me that it appeared, at the Starry tents and NW airfield.

If you set your video memory to default, it's a more permanent fix.

Done it with all 5 people in my group and it's worked.

If you set your video memory to default, it's a more permanent fix.

Done it with all 5 people in my group and it's worked.

Both times that happened to me, video settings had nothing to do with it. My video memory is always on default, because that's the only way you can have more than 500mb video memory thanks to this wonderful engine.

The map and tab technique is the only thing that's worked for me, 2/2, but I don't have much experience to test it in other places/situations. Hopefully someone else can try this and report back.