A Bush killed me

Zombies way too hard now

This video is eye opening.I was not around when it was this hard to play Dayz.I arrived when the dumbing down began so this video was crazy to watch.

lol

Personally, I think zombies should be the following:

1. Harder to kill (in numbers)

2. Less buggy (obviously)

3. Not bone breaking

I think zombies arent really enough of a threat, since most of the time there are only 1 or 2. However, if there were maybe 20 or 30 zombies together who aggro at once, zombies become a challenge.

They're fine, except for their tendancy to respawn on top of your head every 30 seconds in some areas. Balota airfield is a suicide zone right now (combine the artifacts + neverending aggro'd zombies)

In their chrrent state infected are very easy to deal with once you have played the game for a little while. You can just run between buildings looting and losing them as you go. I think zombies should be harder to deal with (either higher in number or higher in health/damage) but each area should have a ticket system for them like in bf3. Would mean they would be a proper threat so players would have to group together (hopefully stop the DM that the game currently is) and mean you could take over areas :)

i shake them of in a single bush. seriously they loose track of you so fast if you know what your doing with your movement.

just earlier i ran trough pustoshka and aggroed at min.20 zombies and i lost them all with sprinting inbetween two wood houses.

i frapsed it and could upload it if you want to see how EASY they actually are to loose.

dude fires a primary in a city/church/big building and the Z keeps swarming. i like that. just oculd have used your side arm to make less noise. natural selection baby.

Edited by Bezki

Yes, they're easy to kill. Lee Enfield is 1 shot. But that's not the problem. This game is so filled with bugs and glitches they become a nuisance. I've lost a few aggro'd Zeds just to have one pull through the wall and come at me. I actually saw one teleport through the shopping isles at the grocery store to hit my teammate. then there's the leg break thing. I've been hit in the face before and it never shattered my shins. (I actually had my teammate run into me and it break my leg)

So you mean you find the zombies a challenge now? Well I think that's the point of the game :P

They are easy to lose once you learn more about how the zombies work

Apart from the continuous spawning, erratic detection ranges, sporadic teleporting and bone shattering abilities the zombies are too easy. The only thing that makes them hard is that they are so buggy.

They're not too hard at the moment, but the issue isn't with their difficulty. The thing is, the current zombies are hard for all the wrong reasons. I think zombies should be ten times harder than they are now, but for the right reasons. Zombies need to be dangerous, they need to be deadly up close and they need to come at you en-masse. What they don't need to do is dodge back and forth while charging, phase through walls, or spawn around you. Yeah, it takes up server resources, but we need more zombies in a town and we need those zombies to stay dead when killed, at least for a time. Maybe for 10 minutes, maybe until the last player leaves the area for five-ten minutes. Anything to make it feel more persistent and real. Hell, that'd even help establish actual safezones. It would then be possible for a group of survivors to clear out a town and keep it cleared, using it as a base of sorts.

Maybe in the standalone.

Whiners and CoD Kiddies and carebares! Oh my!

Hordes of zombies are hard to kill? It's as if we're in a zombie apocalypse! Seriously, if the army couldn't handle them, how can one prick with scavenged gear hold out? This isn't Left 4 Dead! Learn how to sneak dammit!

I can sneak up on zombies with a hatchet and kill them without them ever noticing me.

Even when they are grouped together.

It is very nerve-racking when you get extremely close to a lone zombie only to notice there are 3 other hopper zombies right next to them that you couldn't see before.

I'm sure people watching me roll towards zombies with a hatchet must think I'm crazy. ^_^

Zombies are stupid easy to lose in this game, no matter how many are on you:

Run into a building and out the other side

Run into a pine tree

Run up a steep hill

Break LOS

Run onto the the black pavement at any docks

I agree on some things....Zombies are easy to kill...but when you're stuck in a building and they keep re spawning it gets over whelming, Also when you bleed on the first hit alot.

I definitely agree that the spawning problem needs to be fixed (I've literally had crashed helicopters where zombies spawn within 15 seconds of me killing them), and the glitching through walls is annoying. But other than that I see very few problems with zombies as is.

I definitely agree that the spawning problem needs to be fixed (I've literally had crashed helicopters where zombies spawn within 15 seconds of me killing them)

That's why you hit them in the legs and turn them into crawlers, easy to avoid and no respawn.

I miss back in the old days, when you started with a Revolver... because the zombies were so deadly you couldn't survive with no weapons. They would always knock you out in one hit or break your bone even with max health. And you'd have quadruple the amount of zombies compared to now. Nowadays you even have a silent melee weapon that ONE hit kills a zombie from OUTSIDE it's attacking range.

You hear that? You can kill a zombie with the Hatchet from OUTSIDE ITS ATTACKING RANGE.

Back in my day, you didn't get that kind of power unless you had a silenced military grade rifle.

(Or a Winchester... god I loved the Winchester before the nerf)

Folks, all these "it's too hard" posts are exactly what's starting to go wrong with this game.

Rocket has continuously stated, that for the most part, he's going to follow his vision for the game. And that is a game that's brutal, unyieldingly hard and near impossible to survive in. You really shouldn't expect things to get EASIER, because that's not the point of this game.

Rocket doesn't care how many people he pisses off here. If you came in here expecting things to be easy, you'll be disappointed. Expect things to get HARDER.

Edited by JMan

I wish zombies were a little slower but more numerous with clear pathing, I like the inevitability of a swarm of lumbering dead closing in. Sure you might have a M4 or a SAW but all the ammo in the world wont save you from a attracted mass of flesh eaters. Zombie dogs add a little more spice to the action with faster mobility and a low profile, though they should make no noise catching the careless unawares and crippling them with below the belt bites. Careless players in an environment like that can find themselves hamstrung and with little options but to stand and fight!

The aggro radius after a shot is fired is ridiculous...especially coupled with the respawn times. As it is now, I just sprint through cities because if I fire a shot, there will be 20+ zombies on me in an instant. If you have ammo, go ahead and shoot them. Others will respawn and get aggroed before you finish the rest off.

Lower the respawn time.

Decrease the aggro distance from a fired shot.

Make the infected not so fricking flinchy.

Fix these 3 things and it'll be fine.

Edited by a. james

I don't have a problem with the Z's at the moment...You can shake them off A LOT easier than you used to and headshots still drop them.

My simple rules are NEVER try to fight them outside unless you've dragged a single well away from his mates. Be prepared to kill 60+ Z's if you hole up and use a LOUD weapon...They will eventually stop coming.

My problem with the current Z's is that, after blowing away 50-60 Z's (which is the whole town basically), you have about 5 minutes before it's swarming with Z's again.

THAT fucks me off.

It's hilarious how right after I stated numerous easy ways to lose zombies, people continue saying they are too hard and need to be nerfed, maybe you are just bad or lazy?

Edited by RamataKahn

The aggro radius after a shot is fired is ridiculous...especially coupled with the respawn times. As it is now, I just sprint through cities because if I fire a shot, there will be 20+ zombies on me in an instant. If you have ammo, go ahead and shoot them. Others will respawn and get aggroed before you finish the rest off.

Lower the respawn time.

Decrease the aggro distance from a fired shot.

Make the infected not so fricking flinchy.

Fix these 3 things and it'll be fine.

Decreasing the aggro distance isn't very realistic. It is too low as it stands at the moment. In reality you can roughly tell where shots are coming from from at least 300m.