Well, just see what the DayZ staff thinks of it. I'm tired of arguing with you. If you've watched or read any of Rockets interviews this kind of server running is not what Rocket intended.

Honestly the servers are owned and operated by people not Rocket or his staff. If he wants 24/7 uptime he can front the money for the servers and pay the staff of admins to be on that server 24/7. Without admins chaos ensues and hackers run rampant. Rocket runs the game portion. Meaning stuff inside the game (zombies, equipment, weapons, etc) are his portion on this 2 way street. People who pay for a server have the say on when that server is online period. The locking of a server is an issue because it makes it a single player or LAN game and not an online multiplayer game. As long as when the server comes up its open to the public, it won't be a violation of the TOS.

• Like 3

You people do not get it at all. they are turning the server off to stop people stealing gear from them. Its part of the game to have people try and steal your gear or steal it. Its not part of it by shutting down your server because you do not want anyone to steal your shit. So they should be getting told off for shutting down the server or blacklisted as its just the same as locking a server at the end of the day.

Edited by Yoko
  • Like 4

Wow, the amount of bullshit in this thread of trying to work around the TOS to protect your stuff in a game...

1st. Sad

2nd. Good thread OP, hopefully these punks get BL.

3rd. People cry about dayz being resticitve on server owners. THIS IS WHY!!!! Guess what happens when you abuse the already strict system. That is right boys and girls it gets STRICTER.

Idiots.

• Like 4

You people do not get it at all. they are turning the server off to stop people stealing gear from them. Its part of the game to have people try and steal your gear or steal it. Its not part of it by shutting down your server because you do not want anyone to steal your shit. So they should be getting told off for shutting down the server or blacklisted as its just the same as locking a server at the end of the day.

This is completely false. The reasons for temporarily shutting down the server has been stated numerous times, so at this point if you refuse to understand you're just being difficult. Even if the server was never taken down I guarantee you there would be plenty of clan members still wanting to play through out the entire day so losing gear clearly isn't the issue. Turning off a server is completely legitimate. The only issue is that occasionally the admin doesn't get on and the server stays down for longer than intended unfortunately.

Wow, the amount of bullshit in this thread of trying to work around the TOS to protect your stuff in a game...

1st. Sad

2nd. Good thread OP, hopefully these punks get BL.

3rd. People cry about dayz being resticitve on server owners. THIS IS WHY!!!! Guess what happens when you abuse the already strict system. That is right boys and girls it gets STRICTER.

Idiots.

There wasn't a single coherent argument in that post. "Sad" doesn't constitute a point, neither does anything else you posted. Also flaming by calling people idiots adds nothing to the discussion here.

Edited by A Classy Emu

They have said on the topic many of times that they take the server down when the admin is not online. it is just the same as locking it. so you really do not under stand it at all and why it is being reported.

They have said on the topic many of times that they take the server down when the admin is not online. it is just the same as locking it. so you really do not under stand it at all and why it is being reported.

You act as if the clan couldn't defend themselves without the admin. Everyone here is claiming the reason for the server take down is to protect the camp. Even without an admin many people would still gladly play on the server, hell we would most likely see people on 24/7. So no, there isn't some sinister reason for doing this (no matter how many times people claim that there is). Just because you keep saying something repeatedly doesn't make it more true. Again the ToS is not on your side here, sorry.

You people are all full of shit.

Have as many excuses as you want. Everybody can see what you are doing.

You dont want anyone to find your camp while everyone is sleeping. So you lock your server so that cant happen and you only run your server when you have people guarding the camp.

What a load of shit.

Stop trying to find loopholes and talking about the TOS.

It's wrong.

AND YOU KNOW IT TOO.

I will be awaiting your tears when your server get blacklisted.

• Like 3

You people are all full of shit.

Have as many excuses as you want. Everybody can see what you are doing.

You dont want anyone to find your camp while everyone is sleeping. So you lock your server so that cant happen and you only run your server when you have people guarding the camp.

What a load of shit.

Stop trying to find loopholes and talking about the TOS.

It's wrong.

AND YOU KNOW IT TOO.

I will be awaiting your tears when your server get blacklisted.

You're the only one crying right now, the server is NEVER locked. We are tired of your tears so get over it, no rules are being broken. Play the game and put more time into that instead of the forums.

There are rules being broken by taking the server down at night when a admin is not around. it is just the same as locking it off. your the cry babys for not wanting people to raid you when you not got members online. what you are doing is showing to other server admins that they can do the same thing as you and shut the server off just because they are not around to keep a eye on it.

• Like 1

I agree, the real reason you shutdown the server when you all are offline, in my eyes, is you are afraid your tents will be looted when none of your members are online.

What's the difference between a server that is locked, and a server that is only on when the clan footing the bill has enough peoples to guard it?

"Hey guys i just saved our last storage tent, lets call it a day and turn the server off."

I sure would love to engage in PvP only on my own terms. And that's exactly what it is. Any other reason presented is just icing on the cake. The bottom line is that the server is only running when there are enough clan members to guard the clan stash.

The point of the rules is to put everyone on the same level, wether you pay for the server or not.

As others said it's a loophole on the rules and that's because of this kind of shit that we can't have nice things.

And everyone think i have a problem with server admins THIS is exatly why the dayZ dev team cannot give ANY slack to server admins in how they police the server they run.

Edited by Lady Kyrah
  • Like 4

It's not that they don't get it, it's just that they are turning a blind eye.

• Like 1

There is no difference between shutting down a server and locking it. Both have the intention on protecting your loot and equipment. Which isn't allowed.

I will show you a PM I had with Vipeax because unlike a lot of you people crying, I actually ask questions before making baseless statements and assumptions.

vipeax.png

Now, you wanna say its 'protecting against griefing and hacking' but every server has to deal with griefing and hacking, even mine do. I only SHUT them down when its a serious problem. Not to prevent people from being able to play on them. The servers soul purpose is to trade and protect loot. Which is not acceptable.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin
  • Like 6

What, Speechless now? I saw all of you shouting and yelling you can do it reading my post, but when its proven to your face you know you can't you all tail hide into the shadows. Seriously, MAN the hell up a little bit and admit your mistakes. You think I like being the bad guy and pointing out something you can't do wrong and make sure all you kiddies are playing by the same rules as the REST of us suddenly makes me a bad person for ruining something you shouldn't have been doing to begin with.

My Cup of Care is Empty.

• Like 5

What, Speechless now? I saw all of you shouting and yelling you can do it reading my post, but when its proven to your face you know you can't you all tail hide into the shadows. Seriously, MAN the hell up a little bit and admit your mistakes. You think I like being the bad guy and pointing out something you can't do wrong and make sure all you kiddies are playing by the same rules as the REST of us suddenly makes me a bad person for ruining something you shouldn't have been doing to begin with.

My Cup of Care is Empty.

I was about to reply, but then I realized you're a furry, so your argument is invalid. On a lighter note: fuck off furfag

[user warned, 24 hour PPS. -Max]

Edited by Max Planck
No personal insults please
  • Like 4

I was about to reply, but then I realized you're a furry, so your argument is invalid. On a lighter note: fuck off furfag

I'm not furry. Is my argument valid? :)

Edited by The Hopper
  • Like 2

Abusing Admins got schooled by a furry. Works for me.

• Like 1

I'm not furry. Is my argument valid? :)

Only if you can bring me a picture of a donkey riding a person

Only if you can bring me a picture of a donkey riding a person

Donkey.png

Argument is valid now? :)

• Like 5