i dont understand. you PvPlayers are ruining the game to the teamworkes and survivors.

you PvPlayers play your style. let this ONE server be friendly so we can play OUR style. please.

Its better then having the server blacklisted....

See, this is a good compromise. Which is in my first post "I would not have a problem at all with this server if it was up 24/7." Sadly, they didn't do this before and took it down before to avoid 'hackers' or 'admins weren't online.'

i dont understand. you PvPlayers are ruining the game to the teamworkes and survivors.

you PvPlayers play your style. let this ONE server be friendly so we can play OUR style. please.

Oh you're new here are you?

You have not play very long have you....
  • Like 1

what server do you play on? ill help you out man, ill shot you tell you get a kamenka spawn

One real way.

I made a long post about this in another thread, I will link it here.

Seems ineffective Ravin, but I guess I'll concede that the shutdowns can't continue for such long periods of time. You have to admit though, it's a hard pill to swallow that hackers can just instakill every player in a server and get away clean yet the admins end up taking the heat for trying to stop it.

24150957.jpg

for a few months now. but i dont get your point atacking my experience or not.

you sound like a zombie i know in the future apocalypse.

Seems ineffective Ravin, but I guess I'll concede that the shutdowns can't continue for such long periods of time. You have to admit though, it's a hard pill to swallow that hackers can just instakill every player in a server and get away clean yet the admins end up taking the heat for trying to stop it.

I do indeed. But shutting down an entire server and limiting individuals gameplay? No. That is not right. It goes against many of the DayZ principles. I hate hackers as much as the next guy. But is this really trying to stop them?

It does indeed seem ineffective. That is my BESTCASE situation. A bestcase possibility where I cover all my bases. Did you know if they banned someone when ghosting and only claimed they had a name, but no FRAPS proof DayZ staff WILL contact the admins on US1038 and have them unbanned because they don't want you banning people for that. It happened to me for banning people on my servers for disconnecting to avoid PVP.

I don't like it in the slightest. Not one bit, but I am not here to complain or be bitter about the rules. I understand as an admin I abide by DayZ's rules, even if I don't like it.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

i am not whining bout pvp or not. i must get used to it. in fact i did already.

but if ONE f#$%ing server tries to make it friendly and not hacked all the time, why do YOU WHIN about it?

who started whining first?

Maybe in the future there will be servers with no PvP (though I very much doubt this), but for now it's PvP only. Just because you and some other people play it as though it's not PvP doesn't make it so. The server will still be PvP and other players will still play it that way.

-MONSTER

would this be considered ghosting?

walking to green mountain, logging into green mountain on 1038, laying 6 satchel charges and screaming DURKA DURKA in the microphone?

Yeah. The server has been down for a long time. We don't support that just so everyone knows. We don't like having the server down for this long. We want to play on it too.

would this be considered ghosting?

walking to green mountain, logging into green mountain on 1038, laying 6 satchel charges and screaming DURKA DURKA in the microphone?

yes and no . it would be ghosting if you did that but then it would not if you had log out there randomly as you had to log off and randomly log in on that server. But Yes if you walked up to green mountain and log out then log in on 1038 and yell Durka.

man, we are just loosing the point here. lets stop atacking each other and try to reason a bit.

why do the guys on GMS shut down the server? because they cant watch it all the time. if not, it would be just another server: ospreys, chopers, tanks and everybody loosing everything all the time for hackers and cheaters.

doing what they do they build a sense of permanency, contituity, which leads people toward a more "real life" aproach: "now i have something to gain/loose".

do you realy think GMS is doing it only for the benefit of their clan? i dont feel like this. they are trying to add a layer of RPG (which i believe the game is supposed to be) to it.

If you wanna have a discussion on what rules are good or not. I am all for it and have many, many ideas. A lot of people seem to confuse on "Me defending the rule system" Versus "How do you feel about these rules, Ravin?" Scipio hits a special cord with me because he seemed to realize that I "Understand the current rule system, but hate it." Which I do. So very, very much... But I understand WHY its there and understand WHY DayZ isn't my game... It isn't just about you, me or the guy next to me. Its about everyone. Not a single person or group of people, but everyone.

man, we are just loosing the point here. lets stop atacking each other and try to reason a bit.

why do the guys on GMS shut down the server? because they cant watch it all the time. if not, it would be just another server: ospreys, chopers, tanks and everybody loosing everything all the time for hackers and cheaters.

doing what they do they build a sense of permanency, contituity, which leads people toward a more "real life" aproach: "now i have something to gain/loose".

do you realy think GMS is doing it only for the benefit of their clan? i dont feel like this. they are trying to add a layer of RPG (which i believe the game is supposed to be) to it.

Even if they are not online all of the time, they can't just take it down.

They have the risk of losing everything they have like everyone else. Online or not. We all have lost something, even as bandits. Do you think we do not experience the same things you do? Take my signature for example. I fully am aware that advertising my server will gain some unwanted attention and people who want to kill us. Hack us. Bomb us. Whatever. Should I use my advertisement as an excuse to take the server down when I am not online? No.

I do think they do it to benefit their clan, intentionally or not. Even if they do not mean to or intend for that to happen, doesn't mean it excuses it from happening. Side effect of their actions or not. From several posts on the forum thread indicate this is intentional and they do it to protect themselves.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

you are absoutly right! Every night before i go to bed, i freeze time because i am unable to watch what is going on at the time. So i just freeze it. cause like.. it dosnt effect anybody at all! You are missing the point, whether its for good or nasty reasons, it is against the rules, misleading, unprofessional, and catering to people like you who cant handle conflict over the interwebz. Furthermore, it is in no way shape of form fair for anyone in the dayz xommunity except for the ones who are involved.

• Like 1

[

f you wanna have a discussion on what rules are good or not. I am all for it and have many, may ideas. A lot of people seem to confuse on "Me defending the rule system" Versus "How do you feel about these rules, Ravin?" Scipio hits a special cord with me because he seemed to realize that I "Understand the current rule system, but hate it." Which I do. So very, very much... But I understand WHY its there and understand WHY DayZ isn't my game... It isn't just about you, me or the guy next to me. Its about everyone. Not a single person or group of people, but everyone.

]

i understand and you are perfectly correct in you post. i cant show any flaws in your line of thoght.

but, yet, i would still defend the 1038/GMS one more time.

latu sensu, they are breaking the rules because they might be unbalenced with a few players, but strictu sensu, word by word, they dont breake any rules.

since it is an alpha/half-beta, could we accept this little bend for the sake of experience? we dont see such good idea around everyday, it is quite hard to put it toghether and it would affect only few people comparing to the whole universe of DAYZ.

perhaps they should make clear in the server startup that it goes down (and stays down) while no admin is present,

lets see where it leads? what do you think?

Edited by Rafael -BR- Friendly

i understand and you are perfectly correct in you post. i cant show any flaws in your line of thoght.

but, yet, i would still defend the 1038/GMS one more time.

latu sensu, they are breaking the rules because they might be unbalenced with a few players, but strictu sensu, word by word, they dont breake any rules.

since it is an alpha/half-beta, could we accept this little bend for the sake of experience? we dont see such good idea around everyday, it is quite hard to put it toghether and it would affect only few people comparing to the whole universe of DAYZ.

perhaps they should make clear in the server startup that it goes down (and stays down) while no admin is present,

lets see where it leads? what do you think?

I would be all for them being up 24/7. Absolutely. You wanna know why I got upset a little bit? I will go ahead and give a bit of background on myself here.

I am a server admin. I host serveral servers. I have been chewed out and spit on enough to know how it sucks to have fingers pointed at me for doing nothing wrong. Which you can search "US 128, US 167, US 302" if you would like to find some posts relating to what I am saying.

I know what its like to get frustrated you can't do anything and want to do something more. I used to read a thread in the server logs about banning individuals who disconnected to avoid PVP was awesome and FULLY supported such actions--

Until DayZ staff stepped in and said "You can't do this because--" And listed a whole bunch of reasons why you cannot and explained what you can do to continue to report these individuals and ban them properly. Basically saying "Think first and report it to us before you ruin a players experience on DayZ." Lots of people assume, make mistakes, and ban wrong people. Hell I have, I know I have. I was upset I could no longer ban individuals on my server I KNEW I was seeing doing this stuff, Like in this

Sure I got FRAPS, but there are several people in the lobby and maybe that guy is joining in and is in the lobby and not the person who went to lobby? Server logs don't show who only backs out to the lobby.

I know what its like to lose everything you have worked for due to bugs, hacking, and people finding your stuff. URAL, UAZ, Tractor, Two pickup trucks, bikes, two motor bikes and a huge campsite overnight gone. A very, sad, sad day.

on the topic of PVE servers. I know Rocket has expressed he would like to have PVE servers one day, (A single player too!) but with how the HIVE is setup and you can get any loot from any server and jump onto another and blast the hell out of a person who spent his whole day fighting off people and zombies for similiar loot isn't fair to person B because person A had no competition cept for zombies. DayZ is meant to be a mutliplayer game with PVP. Thats why the front page says "Hunt Bandits and Zombies."

Just so you know, I fully support a PVE option and single player. Is it possible with how DayZ is setup right now? No. I would love a standalone live HIVE version that is official. There is none currently right now.

• Like 2

i have to agree with ya. damn it.

they should have it online all the time.

but would be so good have a server hacker free. i dont want to go to sleep and "freeze time" as some says. i just want a sever where i could put my stuff and know that if i lost it was because i didnt hide it well :D

totaly offtopic but think about it and your rage against the f4ing: in real life is way easier to hide and survive and a lot harder to shoot and kill. so alt-f4ing is a way to balance things where everybody is a potential spetnaz-rambo-zaitsev. it the accuracy in general were worse we would have more shots, less deaths and more realistic behaviors by the players.

but would be so good have a server hacker free. i dont want to go to sleep and "freeze time" as some says. i just want a sever where i could put my stuff and know that if i lost it was because i didnt hide it well :D

I think everyone wants this option... Hackers come with the games... All games... Here is a tip. If your screen ever suddenly 'Jumps' You can quickly log out. Like you will be running and your screen will flicker and you will jump back roughly five seconds means something happened with the server, likely not good. Its always good to log out to be safe. This has saved me DOZENS of times from hackers attempting to mass teleport or mass nuke a place.

If you get teleported above the air to be dropped, Disconnect before you hit the ground and stay off that server for a bit. You will be wherever they teleported you, but you won't be dead.

These are just some of the ways you can avoid hackers from personally killing you. To its credit Arma2 and Battleeye have been vigilant recently in handling hackers and exploiters. With rolling number of beta patches and Battleeye doing massive client updates to combat this. Its important to keep in mind Arma2 or battleeye were never expecting DayZ to rape their engine and system THIS hard. Its like they were trying to catch a tidal wave. Not to say Battleeye is a good company, they have their flaws. At the very least they are trying. Will the hacker problem every be fixed during this Alpha? My personal thoughts? No, it won't. It won't be until DayZ goes to its standalone phase (Which some posts suggest is in late Dec...Meaning not likely until 2013.) or it goes live with Arma3. Which is also a good possibility.

I do not wish to get into the topic of Alt-F4ing. As an active bandit and PVP'er... This is a very.. sensitive topic. To put it lightly I contain a large amount of rage from people who Alt-F4 to avoid combat. I would possibly break some bones in their bodies if I ever met the person who had done it in a combat fight against me. Yes, Imad. Very mad.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

I'm going to jump in here, as a short while player on US 1038, and not a Clan Member of GMS.

Look, I know shutting down the server is a problem for you kiddies, but they do it for good reasoning, not to protect their camp. Dear god, when I login, and see the server up, they love being raided, because it gives them an activity to do.

But, they do keep it off for a long time, which is bad. But, Instead of blacklisting them, why don't you give them a god damn suggestion instead? Like... Get a few more Admins to take care of the server when the other Admin is off.

Blacklisting a perfectly good server, because they don't play the game, the way -YOU- want them to play the game, is fucked up. So many people love this server, and blacklisting is crushing peoples fun in the game, to team-up, and survive in the Zombie Apocalypse.

So just suggest a few more Admins to the server, to keep it up more often.... Bam, fixed.

There is a whole other issue at stake here. A Persistent world exists around the clock even while a player is not online or asleep.Rocket has been quoted many times calling Day Z a Persistent World. From this you can conclude that a "World" The "Server" must be up 24/7 unless due to maintenance, etc. NOT because the admin wants to go to sleep or is not around.

Not only that but the DayZ team is losing information collected to the Hive while a server is not running anyway. Information used to help fix bugs, etc.

Edited by MacMcdonald