This is DayZ, this is your story.

As in Zeee Rooo

As in Day Zero

CHERNARUS

Kamenka

Day 0

I prefer the walking simulator when taxed with walking nearly all the time :D

Daisy. simple.

Its not that simple. There is emphasis on the Zee part at the end, its not just daisy its day-zee.

I blame Sesame Street for teaching the rest of the English speaking world to say Zeeeeeeeeee.

DAYZEE DAYZEE

I´m from Norway and normally would say "Day Zee" or "Daisy", same pronouncation flow as those.

Edited by morgan32

I blame Sesame Street for teaching the rest of the English speaking world to say Zeeeeeeeeee.

21st Century Sesame Street teaches the proper pernounciation as Zeta. Day Zeta. ;)

• Like 1

I've asked some walkers, some crawlers and some hoppers for their opinion on this matter.

They *insist* it's pronounced: "Grrrr!...Grrrrrrrrowl...Grrrrrrrrowl!"

And, hey: it's their mod - they should know :-) I'm off to play some Grrrrrr-growl now.

American - Day Zee

UK - Day Zed

The letter Z is spoken differently in the US.

I'll just go on and call it DayZäta from now on since that's how we pronounce it here!

Hi everyone,

I juste discovered this great mod, but there's a question I ask myself... How to pronounce it the way that the creator/developer pronounce it.

Is it :

1 - Days

2 - Day Zi

3 - Day zed

Or something else ?

Can someone help me, it will be my firt step in the game, and i want to do it the right way...

(Sorry for my bad english)

If your British then its Day-Zed, if your american then its Day-Zee, if your politically incorrect then its DurkaDurka Zee Herp, If your welsh its Day-Sheep, If your dutch then its zDay-Z, if your Japanese then it something i cant spell, I could go on and on but lets just call it that zombie mod for Arma2 thats kinda cool if you dont get hacked to death by goats.

Edited by JamesTrendall

There's only 4 letters. MGM (my god man) can it be that hard.. How you translate it is up to you, otherwise it is as straight forward as it comes.

i agree with the guy who said "potato"

edit: lol, just realized that was me. man, this thread is old, i disappeared for weeks!

Edited by El Barto 227
  • Like 1