Pureevuls

What was your most annoying/worst death in DayZ?

Okay so I know everyone has had alot of deaths in this game, if you haven't then you probably haven't played that long, but what was your most annoying death so far?

I'll start off with mine, which just so happens to be mine, I've been ghosted before but its never made me mad or anything, slightly annoyed, but nothing made me as angry as the death I just had.

So I die up at the NW airfield and lose my DMR/M4A3 CCO + Coyote backpack, nothing major I havelost tonnes of loot. So I respawn, I run around Elektro and find a dead body with a FN FAL (3mags) , COYOTE backpack, everything for a tool belt expect radio/ GPS, binoculars everything I could ever wish for upon spawning, even had med supplies, and a Lee enfield in the pack too. So i head on over to Cherno hoping to find a better 'backup' weapon, having 2 very loud rifles and a revolver... totally going solid snake style with that right? Anyways there was no loot so I heads into the church for a little refuge, and because there is some awful graphical glitch in Cherno atm, really annoying. So im looking around and i notice that all the whites are far too bright. Like stupidly white, so i look in my settings, gamma/brightness are both at 1.1, so i turn them down to 0.9 and they were still bright, so time to mess with monitor settings (first mistake; this is where i should have logged off, but i thought whats the harm, it will take 30 secs, and i haven't heard anything.)

Literally as soon as i press the menu button on my monitor two guys come running into the church and sit right behind the monitor menu, and it a'int exactly transparent, I cant see them, they are not speaking, and i'm sat there spamming every damn button on my monitor hoping this menu would close while trying to hide behind something in the church (second mistake; a man trying to multi-task.) Bang bang i'm dead and I still have this f*cking menu in front on my eyes.

Made me so damn angry, not that i died, but the fact I could not do anything back because of how they were positioned.

Should have sprayed wildly in burst and hoped for the best or something, benefit of hindsight I suppose.

So what happened to you guys that made you so mad? Was it mistakes or just being sniped from 1000m+, everyone has their stories :)

Broken leg on a 1m fall

Edited by TSAndrey

Just then, A noob tp'd to my base he had some sorta desert camo AUG lookign then and mowed us down, Lost a Ural, V3s, Offroad pickup, Bus, Van, Tractor, Motorbike, ATV, and 2 bikes........

A death to a bush... was surprised to say the least...

Edited by Sinoby

Outside the supermarket at Zelengorst. Going in, see a survivor coming out. He sees me and retreats back in. After about 5 mins, I approach and say I'm friendly, no response. I say I'm coming in, no response. I peek around the corner, no one there. I move through the supermarket, no one there. He must've gone out the front, I reckon.

Go into a back room, start gathering supplies. Then got headshot from behind from the room I just left. He must've logged off and sat in the lobby for 5 mins, then logged back in and spawned directly behind me.

It was my first death from a player, and my first death from a relogger.

Breaking my leg when trying to get down from a Deer Stand that was in the middle of nowhere, with no morphine in my inventory. :o

Loaded with all the gear you can imagine, I try to walk into a lootable red house.

The rear entrance was messed up (way above ground) and I couldn't enter. I pressed V and it placed me halfway into the ground, instantly breaking my legs and killing me. When I got back my body was under the floor.

I fucking dove face first into a tree.

• Like 1

Swam out to try and kill a pig, lost my primary and backpack, left with sidearm and a few bandages, run to NE airfield to try and find food/water.

None there, slowly dehydrate to death

I shot 4 rounds with a shotgun into a zombie, the first three rounds randomly didnt hit it and went out the back of it, and the fourth killed it. It proceeded to keep attacking me for 10 seconds after it died and got me bleeding.

The gunplay in this game is just awful.

Mines was after meeting my first friendly the OP !! Who gave me a small machine gun

I was heading north east up the coast having found chernogorsk I went on a roof and

Was then sniped for nothing I felt great with my first gun so thank you pureevul for this

I logged in at NW airfields barracks, checked 2 rooms when another player spawned behind me and killed me. I had M24 and M249...

I logged in at NW airfields barracks, checked 2 rooms when another player spawned behind me and killed me. I had M24 and M249...

Server hopper.

You got your Karma.

• Like 2

So about 2 weeks ago my Xbox buddy decides to get DayZ and before he joined i was doing fairly well for myself, then he joins and tags along with me so we go through berezino to get him some stuff first thing he does when we get into town is run around looking for stuff aggros zombies and asks for my help i tell him to lead them to me thinking its one or two zeds he comes around the corner and he has 15 to 20 zeds on his ass im like shit! run inside the hospital, so we sit their he's looking through the boxes and im taking out the zeds(unfortunalty all my good gear was stored in my tent so i had a lee enfield and a revolver) so im poping them off one by one knowing that the gun shots are bringing more and im running low on ammo then im out and their is still a lot of zeds their i tell my friend to go to the right and into the convienece store and see if theirs anything we can use( mainly i new one of use was going to die so better him then me) he runs to the right 5 secs later i sneak to the left out of berezino, i don know how but all the zeds on him turned around and went after me knowing i needed to run I ran to try and lose them in the woods unfortunatly as i was passing the last house out of berezino 1 zed counter manuvers me when im looking at the other zeds and hits me breaking my legs(obviously you guess what happens next) oh and my friend bum rushed to the store found nothing then logged when he heard me yell F***!!. he didnt log back in to grab my stuff he waited till i got back from elecktro(i couldnt get the respawn to spawn me in sohlincity) i grab my stuff and tell him to log in and not run like a B****

so we then headed out to travel the lands so he can get a grip on the gameplay, few days pass and he is decent, then we leave the pedoda dam and i ask him were he wants to go he says lets go to zelno im like sure lead the way, he leads us down the main roads( im not worried too much since it was night pitch black and only two others in the server) quess what happens i notice a pond along side the road and say hold up im gona refill my canteen the instant i turn BOOM headshot! dead on the ground, my friend logs like the b**** he is.

ok next day my other xbox friend gets DayZ and says we should meet up im like sure why not i only just died, he spawns in elektro and i already spawned from the previous night in cherno, i make my way to elektro in the rain and my friend B( friend A is the B**** friend B is the second) starts coughing and complains about it being annoying I tell him to go and search for a white and yellow Heatpack he says no i dont want to leave the docks till you get here im like fine ya pansy, i finally get their and we search through elektro I then say go to the red brick house search it then come to the church, I made my way to the church and starting looting it found a heat pack and told Friend B to get over here he sneaks over and says where is it i tell him its in the corner while hes busy with that i was sorting out the stuff in my inventory when he metions he saw a car drive by a little bit ago with three people in it i tell him did they see you he says yes then i ask did they see you go into the church? and he mumbles a i dont know then i say we need to leave now i get out of my inventory turn around and their they are they say frendly? and then unload into me and Friend B.

so then later that day i tell friend B to respawn till he spawns in Sol, when he does Friend A logs on and says he will be on in a bit 5 mins go by and he logs and finds himself in a debug forest(all my LOL's go to that, after him not dying all those times he finally dies) he then rages i tell him its in alpha, you have to expect bugs like that just respawn in Sol and remember to never grow attached to your items litterally after 5 mins of him respawning in Sol, he rages off DayZ and says he will never play DayZ again till the Debug is fixed. then i travel down the road with friend B, we get some stuff and then while hes grabbing some stuff out of my pack he accidently headshots me with his Axe killing me instantly.

I told myself from then on im not helping Noobs learn how to play, im just gona end up dying more then usual

Edited by Oryanstar

2nd character i ever made, found a ghillie suit, traipsed around the countryside for 30 minutes, hit cherno apartments, 12k hp, zombie teleports through wall, one shot unconcious, next hit, dead.

and yes I know you need 9k hp to get ko'd, so I was even more shocked.

Mfw:

apjuO.png

Edited by Rauvir

i was providing overwatch from the hospital in berezino with all my best gear with me. sniped the first bandit who came our way, then the hospital completely explodes, my legs break, and i die. i eventually found my body, but some noob with a winchester found it first.

I was crawling along, and my legs broke for no reason, and then I fell unconscious and a zombie killed me.

I didn't know wether to laugh or quit.

I was in Kemka for some reason. I got me some of the fabled mountain dew to quench my thirst.

I walk out of the apartment and notice a bunch of n00bs spawn. I watched them run around like lunatics and die a couple times. Somehow they ended up re-spawning in the same city, so I save on of their sorry asses with a trust M1911. I decide "hey maybe I'll be nice." I started to help one of them in his raid, defending him from the zeds and stuff. Then this other dude came running in like a maniac while I was glitching up my last mag of M1911 so I didn't run out of ammo, he saw me shoot a couple zeds down to make trapsing about easier and leads all the aggro'd zombies to me while I'm in my gear menu.

Next thing I know I'm dead before I can close it. That's my first and only death so far. I hope to have some funnier deaths later. Much later.

This happened not too long ago. First vehicle I had found and it was fully repaired when I got it. So, I go for a short joy ride and this is what happened. Lost a pair of nvgs and alotta essentials.

These:

My encounters with cheaters over the course of 1 week:

My hubbie and I spent some days getting used to the game and learning the mechanics. When we finally got ourselves a bit geared up (with low-end gear) and started heading towards the wilderness, we suddenly heard explosions and saw bright white lights all over the place. We both died. I respawned to retrieve my gear (such a newbie mistake), but all of the sudden -- in the middle of nowhere, while simply sneaking -- my leg breaks. Followed by a shot to the head.

We respawn and gear up again. This takes hours, if not a whole day. We get to a small city, and ERHMERHGERHD we found a freakin' motorcycle!! We drive to another city, my hubbie gets out to check it out, I stay on the passenger seat. Then I get teleported. I see a man in a guille suit, surrounded by vehicles, aiming at me. He seemed to be as surprised as I was, as he didn't shoot me right away. But then he did, I tried to drive off, he shot me some more and I died.

Since I was teleported I had NO idea where I was. So I respawn and gear up again!

This time everything went smooooooooooooth. We survived for 2-3 IRL days. We raided every city we went to; I got over 130 infected kills without dying. We had auto injectors, so even if the infected broke our legs (which they seem to do quite often these days) we could still keep on truckin'. We had alice packs, so much meat, so many bandages, so many beans, pepsis and waterbottles. A compass, maps, a freakin entrenching tool, so much ammo and weapons we couldn't carry it all, a tent stuffed with goodies, etc etc. We even found two bikes! We were RIGGED. Ready to head to airfield and get sniped by honest players!

We come across a deer stand, my hubbie climbs up (finds phat loot) but manages to break his leg somehow. He was also sick, and we didn't have any auto injectors left (because, lol, our legs were broken 3 times by infected!). We were discussing what to do, no infected anywhere, in the middle of a forest, I was crouched, not even moving.

Then CRACK. My leg broke. Then BOOM. A shot to the head. Yes, the boom came after the crack. No one shot my leg. No one. He broke it by the press of a button.

Makes me want to teleport to the cheater IRL and smack him in the face and tell him to grow the fuck up. And possibly tell his mother.

• Like 1

Mine was probably today. I really try hard to not get attached to my gear but I failed earlier.

So I start with a fresh spawn in Kamenka. Huzzah. I start running (the wrong way), curse the gods, turn around and make my way to Balota. It's empty of players, amazingly, so I decide to hit up the air control tower or whatever it is. I end up looting a GPS for the first time (finding or looting from a player) so I was already ecstatic. Having a minimap makes navigation unbelievably easier. I fucking fell in love with this thing in the first minute I had it. The tower was also kind enough to hook me up with an MP5SD and some mags so I was pretty happy at this point.

The trek continues as I make my way to Cherno. I hit the supermarket and get an ALICE pack right off the bat. There's also a Lee Enfield with a ton of ammo so I toss it in my pack for later (I love the Lee and was planning on some short range sniping inside Elektro). I fill what remaining inventory slots I have with food/drink/med supplies and slowly make my way to Elektro.

I run into some trouble as I'm getting close. Accidentally aggro'd a couple of zombies so I needed to take them out. Stupid me had my Lee Enfield out already in preparation for the sniping (I was actually quite close to where I wanted to be but yeah, really stupid mistake considering I had a silenced weapon). So I take care of the two I aggro'd and from those shots I get around 15 more. Great. Time to run. I'm getting pretty close to Elektro and taking some damage and start to bleed. I sprint to the supermarket, quickly change out my guns (really quickly) and take care of the billion zombies I had after me. Whew, close one.

At this point I'm in one of the back rooms of the supermarket and start scrounging for food to regain some blood. I get a few cans, eat them, and make my way to the front of the store.

BLAM!

There was another survivor, the whole time, hiding right around the corner behind the display case. Easily could have taken me out the five minutes I was killing zombies or grabbing loot. So I take a double barrel shotgun blast point blank. Shock, leg(s) broken, bleeding out. I manage to get one shot off before he can shoot again. Doesn't matter. Dead. I was going to climb the hospital that was within my sight and log out. Not even two minutes away from my goal after having spent the last several hours getting this character exactly how I wanted him. I'm pretty pissed off because I had some decent gear and I was guessing that he did not since he was using a double barrel shotgun. So I was imagining an empty corpse or nothing if I made it back there. Also I just loved that GPS.

I respawn right outside Elektro. REJOICE! I'm back to the supermarket within 10 minutes with a winchester I found primed and ready. He isn't there. I sigh and click my corpse to see what my losses were.

He left every single item on my body.

Except the GPS.

:(

Edited by Shappie

Dying to... ? from 12K to -9K healt in an instant, near black lake, trying to find a way to go downhill. Just died, like that.