You misunderstand the difference between adding more weapons, and making more weapons spawn. Just because there are more varieties of weapons does not mean there will be any more high end gear. It would, in fact, make finding that M16, or whatever your favorite gun is, an actual challenge, just like you want. If there were only 10 different types of weapons that can spawn in the barracks, increasing that number to 75 makes it much more unlikely that you will get your gun.

I also do believe there needs to be more places high end gear can spawn, like adding a barracks at the NEAF, and maybe a police station in a couple of the smaller towns, but that is a completely separate topic.

As far as gear distribution goes, I just kind of figured that the zombie plague hit during the events of ArmA2, so there's a large military presence on the ground there from the various factions involved. It makes sense for AKs and Armalites to be strewn about fairly widely. I'd rather not see "high end gear" as such, but for now collecting it is the bulk of what passes for "end game content". Once there's a little more to do in post-apocalyptic Chernarus, I think some changes to the armory could be made to allow for good weapon balance with ample opportunities for bling.

I seriously don't see the issue in adding more military weaponry as long as the drop rates are tweaked accordingly.

The current issue is we have 18(?) military primary weapons (and 5 civilian lol) each having it's own drop chance varying from 0.19% to 4.35%

What would fix the oversaturation of military weapons that most people seem to hate is having a 5% (number pulled from my arse) chance to spawn a military grade weapon.

From that 5% chance you have your 0.19% to 4.35% chance to spawn one of the 18 primary weapons. This would allow MANY new weapons, both mil and civ, to be added without everyone camping the hills around Cherno with their trusty AS50/M1017

I made a thread on this a while back... Check my sig

without everyone camping the hills around Cherno with their trusty AS50/M1017

The bulk of such weapons currently present in-game come from unethical practices like duping and hacking. No changes to the loot table will keep people from cheating at the game.

The bulk of such weapons currently present in-game come from unethical practices like duping and hacking. No changes to the loot table will keep people from cheating at the game.

Removing rare military rifles/not adding more will not stop people from hacking an AS50 TWS in either. Void post is void

Cheating is always part of online gaming, you can't not implement something because there will be exploits/cheats lol. You can only implement and then plug the holes that allow them to cheat

Edited by KnT47r

Get rid of all sniper rifles or make them all extremely rare. Sniping just causes a bunch of people to line up over big cities with their laser sticks and ruin everyones day, mouse buttoning people to death. You can't climb and explore the big buildings or don't want to, for fear of being blinked out of existence by something you can only hope to see. Even well armed guys can't take and hold a building, standing on top of it, which would be cool, as they'd just get sniped.

Yeah, quite the thread hijack, and I helped. I'm totally in favor of adding the M40A3, it's a sweet-looking gun with proven functionality. Also, it would make me feel like Tom Berenger, and I'll never be convinced that there's anything wrong with that.

Yes let's discuss that the M40 should be added, It sucks that only the SVD got the ghille love :\

i agree with this thread poster guy, add the gun in game

make it spawn in military zones problems solved

I agree that more civilian weapons should be added. You can even add some hunting rifles that could be used as *sniper* weapons such as 30/30, Remington .30-6, .22 magnums and 7mm Magnums. And this is Russia, by the way, where are the bears!!!!

EXACTLY

Everyone in this game has a military gun as it is the most common shit that you would find in a country-side city, which is totally wrong, there should be waay more shotguns, hunting rifles, pistols, low caliber automatic rifles

NOT FUCKING M4A3 with Optics, or a AS50 ( a fucking anti material gun, used ONLY against armored vehicles ), M16A2 ACOG ( acog? Really? Ok lets fake that its super normal finding a extremely military only guns in a fucking shitty military airstrip.

Im not saying that they should be removed, but decrease their spawn rate, make like really fucking rare.

Yes, because an ACOG is uncommon on an M16A2. Trust me, for a military base, which America would have used in the ArmA 2 conflict, this could be seen as set after that conflict in the Alpha, and they would have brought in military weapons. An ACOG is standard issue for medium range battle.

I support this idea. BTW, military weapons are not uncommon to find in civilian hands.

There is a gun store down the street from me that has a Barrett .50 on display, as well as an M60, and several different AR15s and MP5s.

I even have a friend that owns a $7000 M6 with the 7.62mm barrel, 3x mag into holographic sight, and a muzzle break.

There are several weapons that i really want to see in this game.

I support this idea. BTW, military weapons are not uncommon to find in civilian hands.

There is a gun store down the street from me that has a Barrett .50 on display, as well as an M60, and several different AR15s and MP5s.

I even have a friend that owns a $7000 M6 with the 7.62mm barrel, 3x mag into holographic sight, and a muzzle break.

There are several weapons that i really want to see in this game.

Yeah and on a military base in hostile territory they would likley have most weapons posted

Because civilian guns like basic shotguns and rifles would be faaaar more common then high end military weaponry. There already are to many military rifles in the game, they're to common. If you consider the economic state of the country, you definitely wouldn't find the type of weapons (and magnitude) that you do now. There needs to be a way higher variety of low grade weapons, and less of all firearms. Keep in mind that a lot of the people in Chernarus have their guns for hunting. Some may have pistols or something else, but nothing too fancy!

Clearly you have not seen the crates upon crates upon crates upon creates of surplus AKs and SKSs that exist in the world, not to mention those that are still in military stockpiles. They cranked out more of these per person then they did pairs of shoes.

If you think the shotgun or hunting rifle is the most prevalent firearm in the world, you are severely mistaken.

You have to remember the region of the world DayZ takes place in as well, it's a fictional post soviet state. For a period of sixty-nine years civilians were not able to own firearms, depending upon local governments, civilians have only been theoretically able to own firearms since 1991, so that'd be a period of about 21 years.

Edited by Bukethead

What civie weapons could be added? besides civilian versions of what we already have?

Clearly we should take all actual weapons out of the game and replace them with super soakers. After about every 15 mins we can sit around a drum circle together and hold hands singing Phish songs in unison.

Clearly we should take all actual weapons out of the game and replace them with super soakers. After about every 15 mins we can sit around a drum circle together and hold hands singing Phish songs in unison.

I think the military weapons should be rarer, and less powerful rifles/pistols a little more common to balance it out. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

What civie weapons could be added? besides civilian versions of what we already have?

Mosin Nagant

Sig Sauer

Savage 64 64G

300 Home Defense 20ga

ARI ZASTAVA

They are just a few, a couple of rifles, shotgun and a pistol that could be civil weapons.

Mosin Nagant- lee einfield

Sig Sauer- G18

Savage 64 64G- M14

300 Home Defense 20ga- Remington

ARI ZASTAVA-CZ 550

They are just a few, a couple of rifles, shotgun and a pistol that could be civil weapons.

Not exact but close enough to not really need a new weapon, and yes I know i'm basically asking for the same thing to

Edited by Reaven1911

If the Chernarus in dayz is the same Chernarus as in ArmA 2 campaign, there should be lots of guns available as first there was a US invasion, then a Russian invasion and then resistance fighters start messing around, lots of factions and everyone of them has military weapons.