necroslord

Removal of Sniper Rifles and Silenced guns.

they are using them for murder.. and what?It's ours decission if we will use this on zombies or players..

I'm not talking about realism here. For the sake of realism then bring flamethrowers, tanks, nuclear warheads and all that kind of stuff if you wish.

Wow you're stupid.

The game is supposed to be as realistic as possible even though it is a zombie survival mod.

And it's more likely that you run into a silenced weapon or a sniper than flamethrowers, tanks and nuclear warheads during an apocalypse.

You can't handle the fact that you got sniped from far away or got shot by someone with a silencer?

Then this isn't the mod for you.

• Like 1

33p6b8n.jpg

repost to show support for a true hero that died to save a fellow survivor.

MOTHERFUCKER NOW I HAVE TO GO PLAY THAT AGAIN

The same goes for any "hacked in" guns/equipment.

And people need to stop going "No because it wouldn't be realistic", especially when they say no to the idea of getting infected when getting attacked by zombies (Possibly the most realistic addition that could be made).

lol I just said 100% same thing on another thread :D ... same thinking! hey brother! :D

Maybe the same access, but obviously not the same desire to kill other players. That is the difference between the survivor and the bandit. And they carry and AK or whatever because high ammo and rate of fire work best against zombies. The Sniper is almost specally designed for murder. That's why most survivors don't carry one at all times.

What you suggest is the same problem. Free for all Deathmatch. Forget about the zombie apocalypse and CoD your way to victory.

Also, sorry for the double post.

But cut out the stupid CoD jokes, you can't handle this mod. Face it.

they are using them for murder.. and what?It's ours decission if we will use this on zombies or players..

People with short attention spans..............

the 50 cal, the NVG, and the thermal need to go, but thats about it.

i havent held a larger sniper rifle than the m24 yet but as i understand it the 2 .50cal rifles are big so you stand out if you move with one on your back and because of their size you cant hide in bushes as well as with other rifles, they are really loud so they are unfit for use in places with lots of zombies when youre alone. personally i think there needs to be more locations with military loot spawns so its not so difficult to get military grade gear, especially barracks since the only 2 are at the same place and camped by 15 people 24/7

if nvg is a problem then play on a day time server

and i doubt you would complain about the l85a2 if you had one yourself

Edited by Morotstomten

People with short attention spans..............

no! I gave enough attention!

and i am saying just no.. thats my opinion.. no everybody will agreed with you.Deal with it..

Edited by Ladas325

Wow you're stupid.

The game is supposed to be as realistic as possible even though it is a zombie survival mod.

And it's more likely that you run into a silenced weapon or a sniper than flamethrowers, tanks and nuclear warheads during an apocalypse.

You can't handle the fact that you got sniped from far away or got shot by someone with a silencer?

Then this isn't the mod for you.

Again short attention span. I never complained about silenced weapons in PVP. But on zombie awareness. Please when you comment. Learn to read and understand what you are reading before jumping to talk random trash about how you hate someone giving a suggestion you disagree with.

• Like 1

no! I gave enough attention!

and i am saying just no.. thats my opinion.. no everybody will agreed with you.Deal with it..

I have no problem with people disagreeing. I like peaceful and rational dicussions. What I don't like is how some people disagree. Being aggresive because they are terrified that something they disagree with could happen. Or plainly just getting the discussion offtrack with silly comments that don't help any side of the dsicussion.

Edited by necroslord
  • Like 1

Again short attention span. I never complained about silenced weapons in PVP. But on zombie awareness. Please when you comment. Learn to read and understand what you are reading before jumping to talk random trash about how you hate someone giving a suggestion you disagree with.

You can't seem to answer to peoples quotes with more then "Short attention span"

Try to say something more relevant and you might get a better answer back.

The only weapon that needs to be removed is the L85 AWS. The scope is just... urgh. If you used it, you know it's terribly overpowered.

• Like 1

I have no problem with people disagreeing. I like peaceful and rational dicussions. What I don't like is how some people disagree. Being aggresive because they are terrified that something they disagree with could happen. Or plainly just getting the discussion offtrack with silly comments that don't help any side of the dsicussion.

i am not agrresive.. lol

I said only my opinion... this ---> They are using them for murder.. and what?It's ours decission if we will use this on zombies or players..

and.. you didnt want to help ya.. how can i help u with it?.. its your opinion and i respect it... but my opinion is no.. dont remove them..

thos "!" were there only for make emphasis. Not make me look agrresive

Edited by Ladas325

You can't seem to answer to peoples quotes with more then "Short attention span"

Try to say something more relevant and you might get a better answer back.

Read further then. The answer says something after that. You just proved me right once again.

I think you and those who think like you do should go and make your own mod and go play that.

In this mod there are sniper rifles and silenced assault rifles. Don't like it, then kindly leave.

The only weapon that needs to be removed is the L85 AWS. The scope is just... urgh. If you used it, you know it's terribly overpowered.

Yes a gun that requires another gun to be useful is super op!

The l85 is garbage. It's weak, it's shots fly everywhere and it is literally only usable currently because of its scope and how useful it is. You literally need another gun to use with it or you may as well carry a lee enfield.

If you'd actually used the gun and not saw "thermal" and shit your pants with fury while screaming "OP" at the top of your lungs, then you'd know this.

i am not agrresive.. lol

I said only my opinion... this ---> They are using them for murder.. and what?It's ours decission if we will use this on zombies or players..

and.. you didnt want to help ya.. how can i help u with it?.. its your opinion and i respect... but my opinion is no.. dont remove them..

thos "!" were there only for make emphasis. Not make me look agrresive

I didn't say you particlarly where aggresive. The "short attention span" thng I sad it because you took the less important part of my post for your previous, answer. Let's just forget about that. I'm not trying to be aggresive either. It's just that the bad attitude of most peopl here s getting on my nerves.

EDIT: Fixed horrible typo. That was ankward.

Edited by necroslord
  • Like 1

Yes a gun that requires another gun to be useful is super op!

The l85 is garbage. It's weak, it's shots fly everywhere and it is literally only usable currently because of its scope and how useful it is. You literally need another gun to use with it or you may as well carry a lee enfield.

If you'd actually used the gun and not saw "thermal" and shit your pants with fury while screaming "OP" at the top of your lungs, then you'd know this.

I've been running around with this particular gun for a few days now, also not the first character that I found it on, and the power is more than enough to mow down anyone in range.

Right now, we have 5 of these guns in our group. All of us agree that this thing does not belong in DayZ.

• Like 1

So, there it is again.

Butthurt soloplayer complaining cause they're dumb enough to get sniped down

The usual trollers

And the guys who actually play with a group, who need sniper rifles to cover their mates while looting a hi-danger area. The guys who need a .50 cal to either OS an ennemy player who is camping the last floor of the firestation (happened to me, shot him through the windows 870m away with my as-50, while my mates were going to loot the place) or to pin down a vehicule.

It's your fault if you get pwnd like retarded little puppies. Not the "bandit" fault, not the weapon fault. Only your.

And to the idiot who think the NVG should be out of the game: you're an idiot. I don't even need an argument here.

• Like 1

Instead of removing sniper rifles altogether, just make them far more uncommon. Sure it won't be a 100% great fix but it could limit the amount of people having them on hand and could make hoarding them just as difficult.

Far as silenced weapons goes, I don't see a valid reason to remove them other than this idea.

What I am about to say likely will not happen in the mod but rather the standalone itself.

Instead of finding already silenced weapons, find a separate silencer altogether as a drop and attach it to existing weapons of your choice. This way you may find silenced guns with the already ridiculous idea of SD mags which is pretty stupid to me.

As with most idea's, this one needs revision to include how far and realistic it can go with what kind of weapons take silencers and all the other little questions, just a thought.

Just a stupid idea...

Removing snipers would just take the fun out.. no need to watch out when entering a open field etc..

Personally I think sniper rifles will be ok as soon as server hopping and other dc abuse is prevented, that way they can be controlled in rarity as can their ammo, if there were a change to be made to them it should be something like the removal of 3rd person view after picking one up.

• Like 1

Idk about sniper rifles, I only had the Czech and the M24 (which is sweet). For both I didn't find much ammo and lost the m24 in a glitch, before I could really enjoy it. The Czech was pretty useless to me, and I dropped it. I also had the MP5SD once, but couldn't find any ammo for it, so they are definitely already balanced in the way that solo players don't find much. However, the larger gangster clans are probably farming this kind of loot from their victims a lot, so I'd say it's a bit unbalanced if one player can have 12 mags for the m107, when another is running around with 1 magazine he found after a few days of searching.

I carry the crossbow and the M9Sd and I have an Ak-74 in my backpack, just in case. I have a lot of ammo in my backpack (ak + stanag), only because I've searched the airfield and somehow survived it. I totally love the M9SD, even though it feels a bit overpowered, atm. I wouldn't mind if the Czech and the MP5SD were removed. I don't see the point in having the M107 either, since that is essentially a super-rare gun and can only be beaten by another M 107.

However, I would keep at least one sniper (M24) and one SD rifle (like the M4 CCO SD) and the M9SD in the game, since these are just real treasures and need some skill to work with. Also the ammo is not that easy to come by, so you always have to make the decision to pick up an easier gun, or stick with the one you have and preserve ammo.

Edited by S3V3N

Snipers and top notch utilities and silencers and NVG are the only end game we have so far other than building vehicles. and its so rare to successfully build a vehicle when playing solo, meaning that the only thing to aim for is a sniper rifle and all the shit to go with it. without that, the aim of the game would be to get a weapon that can shoot just about 3ft infront of you so that you can go into the woods all day munching beans and soda untill you run out, then go into electro to loot the supermarket of all its food and drink so that you can go back out to the forest by yourself again