necroslord

Removal of Sniper Rifles and Silenced guns.

Basicly, title.

I feel sniper rifles are damaging to the game, and so are silenced weapons.

Snipers aren't that effective to take out zombies. They are mostly used to murder people a mile away. If sniper rifles are removed, "bandits" have to get closer to their targets. This would remove a major annoyance of the game while not hindering bandit's ablity to form assault squads or set ambushes for the unwary. From my point of view the conflict betweeen bandits and survivors would be more interesting.

On the silenced weapons. I think noise is a good balancing factor on weapon usage. It makes them risky to use without enough awareness of your surroundings and also gunshots are good clues of whats going on nearby, either you have a bandit gang and want to scout for possible preys or a survivor that better keep his head down.

I think the game would be more interesting, tactical and less frustrating with the removal of snipers and silenced weapons.

P.S: I'm aware of the upcoming flamers who love these things. I'm not gonna be surprised.

• Like 19

Except for the fact sniper rifles and silenced weapons exist and no one can deny that, and removing them would take a chunk out of the authenticity of the game.

Edited by zython
  • Like 14

Why aren't you using the same logic for silenced weapons that you are for sniper rifles?

You are saying that sniper rifles need to be removed because they aren't effective for zombies. Well, silenced weapons sure are.

• Like 2

I'm all up for this, i'll just gear my squad with mk 48's. Heh, if noone has snipers I think I could actually own a city.

On a side note: No.

• Like 2

I think this game would be much more fun without snipers BUT at the same time i dont see any real reason to get them out from the game.

Except for the fact sniper rifles and silenced weapons exist and no one can deny that, and removing them would take a chunk out of the authenticity of the game.

EXACTLY!

we might as well just remove the zombies cuz they dont exist in real life if u want to keep it real...this thread is stupid. WTF would anyone want to remove the two most useful weapons in the game? you prob run arround with Lee OP

As much as I love the sniper, I actually agree that the game would be better without them. Who is going to walk around with a sniper if this situation were real life? You might have 1 or 2 people with one, not an entire group of 20. It's way too easy to snipe people from beyond 800m, limiting everyone to non-snipers would make pvping a lot more intense, more sneaking, more risk, and much more fun. As is, most people aren't shooting for loot if they have a sniper, they're just getting their kills up.

However removing silenced weapons is just a stupid idea.

Edited by Dazed
  • Like 2

Basicly, title.

I feel sniper rifles are damaging to the game, and so are silenced weapons.

Snipers aren't that effective to take out zombies. They are mostly used to murder people a mile away. If sniper rifles are removed, "bandits" have to get closer to their targets. This would remove a major annoyance of the game while not hindering bandit's ablity to form assault squads or set ambushes for the unwary. From my point of view the conflict betweeen bandits and survivors would be more interesting.

On the silenced weapons. I think noise is a good balancing factor on weapon usage. It makes them risky to use without enough awareness of your surroundings and also gunshots are good clues of whats going on nearby, either you have a bandit gang and want to scout for possible preys or a survivor that better keep his head down.

I think the game would be more interesting, tactical and less frustrating with the removal of snipers and silenced weapons.

P.S: I'm aware of the upcoming flamers who love these things. I'm not gonna be surprised.

Remove sniper rifles from the GAME? You need to talk to the guys who developed ArmA 2. DayZ is just a mod. Not a game.

The same goes for any "hacked in" guns/equipment.

And people need to stop going "No because it wouldn't be realistic", especially when they say no to the idea of getting infected when getting attacked by zombies (Possibly the most realistic addition that could be made).

• Like 1

A good portion of this game is PVP, it's a survival simulator, in real life people aren't hugging and dancing together during a zombie apocalypse. Snipers provide easy access to good materials that would otherwise take a long time to acquire.

Sniper rifles should be extremely rare , this is how to balance out the PVP side of it.

Cause whenever i hear PVP in a dayz term , i think snipers, and its stupid that 90% of people who are up north have a m107 stashed away or equipped. Chernarus has more snipers than baghdad.

• Like 2

the 50 cal, the NVG, and the thermal need to go, but thats about it.

• Like 1

A good portion of this game is PVP, it's a survival simulator, in real life people aren't hugging and dancing together during a zombie apocalypse. Snipers provide easy access to good materials that would otherwise take a long time to acquire.

There's nothing "PVP" about sniping someone who probably won't ever know your location. And why does everyone say this like they're so sure about it? Wait for the real zombie apocalypse, then start talking about "How things are in the apocalypse".

• Like 1

No, this is a dumb idea. Survivors have the same amount of access to sniper rifles, and can defend themselves. They chose to run solo with an ak though. Silenced weapons make a distinct sound, and are easy enough to track. Quit your belly aching, and go get a decent gun, and use some tactics and you will be fine.

• Like 2

Sniping someone from 1000 Metres may be slightly fun.

But if we leveled the playing field , and had a Assault Rifle firefight from 200 Metres that surely would be more entertaining.

Oh wait... The sniping D/C noobs would lose there advantage and thus suck. Forgot about that

• Like 2

No, no and no.

/thread

I like when people give their point of view to actually develop a discussion. This just takes space.

Why aren't you using the same logic for silenced weapons that you are for sniper rifles?

You are saying that sniper rifles need to be removed because they aren't effective for zombies. Well, silenced weapons sure are.

Two different concepts may have two different reasons to be a certain way. They don't need to stem from the same reason. Its like saying "I dont eat my soup with a bycicle, its not effective for eating. I don't ride a spoon either because it's not useful for going anywhere." And you answer "You should use the same logic. If a spoon is good to eat your soup then you should also ride it".

EXACTLY!

we might as well just remove the zombies cuz they dont exist in real life if u want to keep it real...this thread is stupid. WTF would anyone want to remove the two most useful weapons in the game? you prob run arround with Lee OP

I'm not talking about realism here. For the sake of realism then bring flamethrowers, tanks, nuclear warheads and all that kind of stuff if you wish.

Remove sniper rifles from the GAME? You need to talk to the guys who developed ArmA 2. DayZ is just a mod. Not a game.

People that pretend to be retarded is the worst of all. I'm pretty sure you got the point. Or I hope so. If not, get a psychologist.

• Like 2

I think they need to make the use of sniper rifles more realistic thus you have to practice a lot to be even decent, and also come on if you've ever used a suppressed firearm you know it's still loud as fuck because a suppressed firearm is typically around 115-120 dB which is louder than a jack hammer, even with subsonic ammo it's still very easy to hear such a firearm up to a few hundreds meters.

I think they need to add realism as oppose to take away things, because making these things more realistic is the better route and also makes gameplay more interesting.

without a doubt the dumbest idea ever. Your team just got raped by a CZ550. Next time dont go running around and standing on top of ridges in the open while you count your buddies ass hairs

No, this is a dumb idea. Survivors have the same amount of access to sniper rifles, and can defend themselves. They chose to run solo with an ak though. Silenced weapons make a distinct sound, and are easy enough to track. Quit your belly aching, and go get a decent gun, and use some tactics and you will be fine.

Maybe the same access, but obviously not the same desire to kill other players. That is the difference between the survivor and the bandit. And they carry and AK or whatever because high ammo and rate of fire work best against zombies. The Sniper is almost specally designed for murder. That's why most survivors don't carry one at all times.

What you suggest is the same problem. Free for all Deathmatch. Forget about the zombie apocalypse and CoD your way to victory.

• Like 1