G Force

Graphical bugs

I had severe graphical issues (just like the ones shown in videos) in the NW Airfield, close to the South barracks.

As soon as I was looking towards the airport, things become unplayable.

As soon as I was looking the opposite direction, everything was OK.

Glitches appeared after updating to the latest beta and 1.7.2.4.

I tried all fixes and none worked except lowering the Scene Complexity.

It is set to 100.000 (100k) and there are no more glitches. I tried it during night time (with flares) and during daytime and it was OK.

Nevertheless I didn't have the time to test it more than 5 min.

I noticed that a value of 300.000 (300k) also seemed to fix the issues (it is the default value for a new profile).

Hardware:

- CPU: 2600k (no overclock)

- VGA: 7970 (no overdrive)

- RAM: 8 GB

- HDD: Samsung SSD 830 (256)

- latest drivers, BIOS, etc.

Edited by Scorpia

this is the barn to the east of NWAF

that tower is coming right out of the dead soldiers there

NPuQn.jpg

turns out the dead soldiers are actually programs trying to contact their user

tron13.jpg

Edited by daze23

Don't have a screen shot but the locations are anywhere that a static dead soldier is on the map.

I can confirm that the artifacts can be tracked down to dead static soldiers (Stary Sobor Military Camp, Balota Airstrip). Also it is still some tank traps and barbed wires (mostly those which are placed by players). A complete restart of the game let's the artifacts vanish. Looks like some object's geometry get's messed up when they get loaded in after playing for a while.

Forget to save screen shot but....

Last night in Cherno...the sky seemed to engulf the whole map with weird white lines...if it happens again I will remember screenshot... It seemed to only happen on the LU servers I joined?

Cheers

Green mountain was particularly bad last night.When ever I look in the direction the the tower I got artefacts, If i veered my view right or left of the tower it was all fine.

How is there still no fix for this? It's made the game unplayable for a lot of people for days now.

Could we please get an update from Devs or Rocket himself in regards to the current state of affairs? Just a quick "its being fixed as we speak" or similar would put my mind at ease. Thanks in advance

From the 1.7.2.4 Hotfix thread.

"1.7.2.5 is being worked on this week to address issues in this thread."

And yes, people have reported about the Graphics being all screwed up as it is on that thread.

http://dayzmod.com/f.../page__st__1020

(His Post in near the bottom of the page given in the link)

Edited by SASheadshot
  • Like 1

I'd like hotfix for the glitches bug, waiting for a week is way too long.

How is there still no fix for this? It's made the game unplayable for a lot of people for days now.

just stay away from the affected areas

just stay away from the affected areas

"Just stay away from every place you used to have fun in the game."

Great idea...

• Like 2

i've read that what causes such glitches are dead players or zombies (no idea which).

I was in cherno sniping with my friend, he kill a man n the hospital roof, some time later it was impossible to aim there as as I could see were these glitches.

I make my way to stary sobor with a friend, more glitches whenever i look at the military tents.

I was the only one able to see such glitches, both my friends couldn't see them.

Hope there is a reason for this and an easy way to fix it.

Additional feedback: I managed to fix the glitches by setting the Scene Complexity to 100.000.

While everything working, I set the HDR to high and glitches were all over back.

I rolled set back HDR to normal and the glitches continued there.

Restarting ARMA had the glitches gone away.

All of these quick fixes are fine and dandy if they work for you, but the bottom line is that it's unacceptable and DayZ devs should fix what they've broken. I've already lost some interest in the game because it's no longer possible to play properly in many areas. Each day that War Z gets closer is just another small nail in DayZ's coffin in my opinion.

• Like 2

Im getting from 2 dead army bodies inside cherno. Right in the middle of town beside the hotel.

I use geforce gtx 560 ti

Got no screenshot atm

Edited by Smeden

All of these quick fixes are fine and dandy if they work for you, but the bottom line is that it's unacceptable and DayZ devs should fix what they've broken. I've already lost some interest in the game because it's no longer possible to play properly in many areas. Each day that War Z gets closer is just another small nail in DayZ's coffin in my opinion.

Yeah, if you enjoy leveling up, putting points in skilltrees and buying weapons in safezones I'm happy for you, casuals needs something to play aswell.

I got the same graphicbug but I'm patiently waiting for the DayZ-team to fix it. The mod is in a very earlystage, you can't expect things to work. Rocket could've decided to only let a small amount of people play the Alpha. Instead he's letting everyone play it and report bugs.

• Like 1

Yeah, if you enjoy leveling up, putting points in skilltrees and buying weapons in safezones I'm happy for you, casuals needs something to play aswell.

I got the same graphicbug but I'm patiently waiting for the DayZ-team to fix it. The mod is in a very earlystage, you can't expect things to work. Rocket could've decided to only let a small amount of people play the Alpha. Instead he's letting everyone play it and report bugs.

Let me correct you where you're wrong.

1) You act like you know everything about War Z. Did you know it's going to have a hardcore mode? I like how you render me a casual because I raise my voice about game-breaking bugs. Competition not only in games, but ANY market is healthy. It forces each party to be better than the other, benefiting the consumer.

2) Well since Rocket has "let us all play", no doubt knowing that like 90% of the player-base is practically paying for the game if we didn't own Arma 2 and expansion (I doubt many of us had it already), then he should fix what he broke, or at least let us know in a proper message that it is being worked on. I've played a lot of games so don't think I'm just whining for no reason. You can't tell me that when you zoom in to Cherno and it looks like a damn kaleidoscope that something isn't majorly wrong.

Edited by Feudal
  • Like 3

NW Airfield most of the buildings are giving off rips and graphic pulls

• Like 1

Additional feedback: I managed to fix the glitches by setting the Scene Complexity to 100.000.

While everything working, I set the HDR to high and glitches were all over back.

I rolled set back HDR to normal and the glitches continued there.

Restarting ARMA had the glitches gone away.

New feedback: glitches are back.

Sublocations: glitches appeared at the gate in 045046.

As I was moving towards the Northen barracks, things got horrible.

I got killed (sucks, not a fair fight).

I'll provide feedback from Chernarus now.

Feedback from Chernarus:

- glitches are there. Location: close to the International hotel.

- join another server, glitches are gone

- join another server, glitches are there again

Edited by Scorpia

Also getting this when looking at Berezino from the SW. Also in an unrelated, unpopulated forest area that just happened to have some barbed wire. Glad it is being looked into, since it basically put the kabosh on a Supermarket run for my group last night.

I've made a short video regarding this issue. It's near the main square at Cherno.

Edited by mattrex47

No Screenshot, but

NWAF, West of South Barracks between Barbed Wire fence & Cement fence

Looking North-ish down the fence corridor. Long distance had the "sky backdrop" looking weird.

Looking through scope using L85AWS was a total wreck. (think shattered mirror)

• Like 1