Rager (DayZ)

So I stop being a bandit for the day.

A friend told me that I should try being friendly for a day. This is what happen.

I died, not just a lot, but I died to backstabs.

A guy came up said he was friendly and I was like cool, He killed me.

I run up to a guy said friendly die.

This is pretty much a repeat of what happen.

So now I understand, being friendly in this game is retarded. I'm not sure why people want to make friends, when they are the ones in the right for killing me. It is more hassle to have a extra mouth to feed, and trust is hard to earn in a world like day z.

So, never again shall I be friendly.

• Like 1

I have helped 9 people lately with morphene, blood,etc.. and only one of them killed me (:

I'm not 100% sure why people think this whole "friendly" business is impossible. It's not easy, but it's doable.

Every time I've made the choice to be friendly, I've found friendlies. I've also found some un-friendlies, and unluckily for them, my aim has improved.

I've had 4 new steam adds to my friends list--random strangers that I met in Elektro, nonetheless. Armed and potentially dangerous. There are a few more I didn't get their names or IDs. I've grouped up with at least two of them at a later date.

I don't play like an idiot. I watch. I wait. I make my approach carefully. Calculated.

Edited by Baelethal

It's not Impossible. I just find it unrealistic in this type of game to go out of your way of helping people.

I find it hard to make friends when they are dead.

I had something like this happen the backwards way around the other day. I was over at a friends house, playing DayZ with my friend and my brother who lives in another state. I was on shitty speakers and my brother and I were talking, so I couldn't hear some things.

While we were near a crash site near Stary Sobor, we were sitting by a deer stand within visible range, just trying to sort out our equipment. Suddenly, without warning, sombody comes out of the bushes rushing toward us with an AK-74 Kobra. I panicked, having heard or seen nothing, I thought we were in deep shit. I fired some shots and he shot my brother a few times, but in the end we killed him. Only later, my brother told me that he heard the guy yell "friendly?" a split second before he rushed out of the bushes. I didn't hear it, therefore I killed a friendly survivor (although he was a bandit) unintentionally.

Whoever I killed, sorry man!

• Like 1

You don't need friends in this game but their equipment...