sickboy

Six Launcher - Easy Install/Update, Find/Join DayZ servers, worldwide network

Cant get six updater to work,

Downloaded arma 2 and Op Arrowhead from steam, ran as admin try run six launcher and get error box pop up saying "non 7z archive" googles no help

I bought arma 2 and operation arrowhead. afterwards i downloaded the dayz mod by the six launcher i verified and extracted from the six launcher. but every time i go to join a game it wont let me and alot of words came up and in addition it says that i was kicked off. ha im not very good with computers. but based on this what do you supposed the problem is? i really wanna play this game

i got all the downloading and updating for the game done but then when i open up the launcher it says to verify so i do that but then when i join a game it starts up day z then day z closes and says bad serial number given in setup

To anyone who still experiencing troubles with Six Launcher, I downloaded "arma 2 spirited machine" launcher and it works just fine. Try that.

six just doesnt work since 1.7

1st off it doesnt update me to the latest the beta patch, when i manually install said beta patch six then redownloads and installs the old 1(great)

launch via steam doesnt work and never has, the force beta button does nothing

nice and easy indeed

SIX is pushing the latest known working beta-patch. Since BI is a bit sloppy with their betas and the policy of releasing them, there were a lot of hickups during the latst days. If you install the latest beta manually SIX will revert to the beta that's on the network. It's like that by design. It might be a design flaw and we'll look into possible solutions.

At the moment the situation is as following:

BI pushes out a new beta wich need battle eye approval after beeing published. If you install that latest beta without battleeye support right away, you'll get kicked off the servers because of that. That's why we await BE support before pushing a new beta to the clients.

The current betas are broken that's why we are still serving 94876 at this time. Using the latest betas won't fix your problem. :)

Once a beta is BE supported, we normally push it to the network. However if we hear that a beta is broken we revert it to an older one.

We and the DayZ staff don't have any influence on what the servers run or require. This is soley in the responsibility of the server owners/admins.

Hello,

I've downloaded Six Launcher and I use Steam version of ArmA II and ArmA II: OA, I did everything according to installation guide but now, when I launch Six Launcher and hiting the update button after a few seconds of download, my computer completely freezes (hangs) and forces me to restart the PC manually. I searched for answers and I found non so as final hope I'm coming here to ask for help, please tell me if there's a solution to my misfortune.

Please, Please, Please, help me.

thank you in advance

Can you please provide us with some logfiles so we can investigate that problem? (See: http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html)

Okej... I need help. Had a problem today regarding the same thing that the guy above is talking about.

1st off it doesnt update me to the latest the beta patch, when i manually install said beta patch six then redownloads and installs the old one...

The problem i have, is when i connect to a server using the installation given from six launcher.

I get the mission file, then the loading session with the tank and when im about to spawn the game crashes and it says

Arma 2 OA has stopped working....

Iv'e already reinstalled arma 2 oa true steam and spended 2 hours of doing so... how can i solve this error?

Before installing six launcher i did try both arma 2 and arma 2 oa... And it both worked fine....

Help please!

Please see above. SIX Launcher downloads the latest "stable" beta wich might not be the latest one you can download from arma2.com.

Can you please send us your RPT files (see: http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html)?

And please double check that you patched your game to 1.60 with the patch. Just running the beta on top of 1.59 or 1.57 won't work.

Most of peoples issues actually are with Launcher/Updater errors. Most of the reports are from that very camp. Hardly anybody who manually installs/updates reports errors. I understand the need for installers for the less techie, but the installers need a function to revert to a stable build if the new one is bugged, as has happened the last 3 updates. Maybe you can modify 6Launcher to do this?

See above. SIX Launcher downloads the latest "stable" beta wich might not be the latest beta at all.

Please refrain from telling people to just update manually as this won't solve any issues with the Launcher, nor is it handy or a recommended behaviour.

We currently have no plan to server diffrent beta versions. However we might look into not downgrading the beta version or giving the user an option to ignore the beta check. We are discussing this at the moment, alltough I can allready see issues arrising with that as well. :) But first of all we are working very hard on version 2 of the launcher with an enhanced UI as well as cool new features. We're allmost done and an update may be expected this or next week.

I totally agree about progress with updates, but when they don't work we can't test them to help progress. If the lastest build makes it impossible to start the mod, how can I test it? So, by using a previous stable build until the new one is fixed at least I can still do something useful by finding issues, it's not a retrograde step, and you can get better from it.

That's what we allready do.

I hope lessons have been learnt about the update procedure for future updates to avoid the problems that always arise due to lack of testing. It amazes me that yet again the same debacle occurs at update time, I would have expected that you would be more prepared for the general release.

This is an issue you should adress with Bohemia Interactive or Dwarden as their community manager and the person responsible for pushing betas.

SIX is currently on Beta 94876 wich is the last known working beta. However if a new beta is published, some server admins update and require it without listening to recommondations from the DayZ staff. Having Servers not updating or overupdating is a real problem. Currently SIX is allready determining the beta version required by the server as well as the DayZ version and only updates if the server you selected in the serverbrowser requires a higher version. (If you don't select anything it'll just upgrade both beta and DayZ to the latest version on the network.)

If a new DayZ version is out it takes us normally less than 5 minutes to make it avaible on the network. If a new beta is published we need to collect all information ourselves, await battleeye support and monitor certain forum threads for the validation of BE support. And then we don't know if the latest beta will work or not. With the last few betas BI fucked up in a lot of ways. Currently you can't play on any Linux servers (not DayZ relevant, but still bad) because the latest betas show as 1.61 but there is no linux support for it yet.

It's all not as easy as you might think. :(

There are many good suggestions from the community on how to do this. Most popular is limited release on, say, 10-20 servers with a wide selection of users (guinea pigs?), approx 1000, to test the new update before general release. Prevent ALL servers/launchers/players updating straight off as this is where your problems stem from. Surely this will benifit everybody longterm?

This is nothing we can influence. That has to do with the DayZ update policy and with the way BI handles the beta patches. We would love to be able to only push working betas/DayZ versions. However that's not possible because DayZ is an alpha in active development (therefore bugs will arrise and get fixed ofc.) and the Arma2 Beta versions are there to fix issues and support DayZ. They're fixing general bugs as well introducing new features to make it more hard for cheaters to dupe items, to fix the chat channels and all that. Sadly the quality of BI's beta versions is not allways sth you could call "stable". The argument is, that it's a beta version after all and same as DayZ versions they will have errors, bugs and problems.

Now DayZ is relaying on the latest improvements of beta versions. And BI needs testers for their betas as well. Having a closed testing group that tests releases prior to a public release would be perfect. But that's out of our hands. Sorry.

thats too much common sense for developers ;-)

a bit offtopic from six, but applying alpha code onto beta code is really not going to help with dayz issues,although i admit i have very little idea on how long beta patches for arma last,for me it would make much more sense to use a stable arma build(well you know what i mean :-P) so it cuts down on all the confusion as to what the actual issues are, right now it can be 1 of 4 different software. this isnt the way to progress with an alpha as it just introduces too many unknowns

See above. Out of our hands. :)

But to take a little wind out of your argument: You are playing DayZ for free. Not really because for beeing able to play it for free you are paying back with testing DayZ and the Arma2 beta versions. That's how it is. If you don't like that you maybe should wait with playing DayZ until it's "stable".

everytime i sart a game .... i end up with : OA ceased functionning .. (or something like that but in french cause im french) ...

the game never start i always crash .. i dont know if theres a character creation thing or whatever .. PLZ HELP ME !!!!

yes i tried: 1-reinstall the game.

2-reinstall dayz patch

3-reinstalled AND update battleye

probably did other stuff too .. it makes 3 days im trying to install this piece of crap ..

thx in advance

Please make sure that you not only installed the game, DayZ and the beta, but also Patch 1.60 for OA (and therefore the Arma2 patch as well). Just using the beta on top of 1.57 or 1.59 won't work!

I bought arma 2 and operation arrowhead. afterwards i downloaded the dayz mod by the six launcher i verified and extracted from the six launcher. but every time i go to join a game it wont let me and alot of words came up and in addition it says that i was kicked off. ha im not very good with computers. but based on this what do you supposed the problem is? i really wanna play this game

This sounds like you are running a wrong version of the game. Please make sure you are updated to 1.60 for OA and therefore to 1.11 for Arma2.

You could really help us in helping you if you provide us with your RPT logs. Please see http://six-updater.net/p/support.html

Is there a way to filter by region to cut down loading times?

SIX Launcher downloads a cached serverlist from our servers the time it starts up wich allready is much faster than doing a full gamespy query (about 2-3 times faster). Doing a query on gamespy only for selected country servers is not possible, so you'll have to download all information every time.

However filtering the serverlist for country or continent will be possible together with much more features in the next release of the launcher (version 2) wich will be released soon.

i got all the downloading and updating for the game done but then when i open up the launcher it says to verify so i do that but then when i join a game it starts up day z then day z closes and says bad serial number given in setup

This seems to be some problem with your installation of Arma2 and not related to the SIX Launcher. Please try to launch Arma2 manually and join any Arma2 vanilla Multiplayer server. if the problem persists maybe ask for support at the BI forums or reinstall the game?

To anyone who still experiencing troubles with Six Launcher, I downloaded "arma 2 spirited machine" launcher and it works just fine. Try that.

This is off topic and not helpfull at all. If you support another launcher, please do so in another thread and stop bugging us with unqualified comments in the future. Thanks. :)

See above. Out of our hands. :)

But to take a little wind out of your argument: You are playing DayZ for free. Not really because for beeing able to play it for free you are paying back with testing DayZ and the Arma2 beta versions. That's how it is. If you don't like that you maybe should wait with playing DayZ until it's "stable".

i dont think you understood what i was saying ;-)

never said it was six issue which is why i said its offtopic

it has nothing to do with being annoyed at bugs

has nothing to do with any entiltlement

its called using common sense

you dont design experiemental code to work with additional experiemental code which you have no influence over and then expect things to work. you admit that arma beta patches tend to be dodgy so why on earth would anyone write code to work with them(dayz) and make their release (almost) dependant on them, most people have a combination of 4 different software to get dayz to work, its just asking for trouble and in doing so 1.7 has been a nightmare due to arma beta, battleye uselessness and horrible install.

its a risk not needed when trying to get 500k people to test an alpha

SIX is pushing the latest known working beta-patch. Since BI is a bit sloppy with their betas and the policy of releasing them, there were a lot of hickups during the latst days. If you install the latest beta manually SIX will revert to the beta that's on the network. It's like that by design. It might be a design flaw and we'll look into possible solutions.

At the moment the situation is as following:

BI pushes out a new beta wich need battle eye approval after beeing published. If you install that latest beta without battleeye support right away, you'll get kicked off the servers because of that. That's why we await BE support before pushing a new beta to the clients.

The current betas are broken that's why we are still serving 94876 at this time. Using the latest betas won't fix your problem. :)

Once a beta is BE supported, we normally push it to the network. However if we hear that a beta is broken we revert it to an older one.

We and the DayZ staff don't have any influence on what the servers run or require. This is soley in the responsibility of the server owners/admins.

yes i think BI is a bit sloppy also lol. the other issue is with no rollback or selection of arma release through six. the current version it uses i think is what gives me some issues, if you could choose which versions instead of it being locked by your choice then this could help(im sure its possible easy enough)

actually DAYZ staff do have an infulence on what servers run or require, the non hive cracked servers should be removed just like the countless servers running various outdated dayz versions. the current server list is like playing traffic light tetris

Edited by kruxed

how come when i try to join a server it says "Bad Serial Number Given In Setup" how do i fix this?

how come when i try to join a server it says "Bad Serial Number Given In Setup" how do i fix this?

A little bit of google told me, that you are most likley using steam. Please run steam as an administrator and launch the game trough steam once before launching it with anything else.

Please see this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662748

That should help. Other than that you may try to get help at the steam support.

Edited by Banshee

yes i think BI is a bit sloppy also lol. the other issue is with no rollback or selection of arma release through six. the current version it uses i think is what gives me some issues, if you could choose which versions instead of it being locked by your choice then this could help(im sure its possible easy enough)

actually DAYZ staff do have an infulence on what servers run or require, the non hive cracked servers should be removed just like the countless servers running various outdated dayz versions. the current server list is like playing traffic light tetris

Well serving several diffrent beta versions trough the network indeed is a pain in the ass. :)

Technical wise it's a lot of work and interface wise it's not easy to manage as well. At least not in the "one button" concept.

However you can disable the check/update of beta versions trough the launcher. This means it won't override your custom installed beta. Just disable "Update Beta patch" in the options.

Updating anytime soon?

Thanks for the work btw!

We are close. :)

• Like 1

We are close. :)

Excellent news kind sir, I just had to pick a server to set up camp that went to 95*** just about to stick two wheels in ma tent and bam session lost, thanks for the heads up server admins!

Just hope my tent still be there! :/ I need to go have a lie down!

Excellent news kind sir, I just had to pick a server to set up camp that went to 95*** just about to stick two wheels in ma tent and bam session lost, thanks for the heads up server admins!

Just hope my tent still be there! :/ I need to go have a lie down!

Ah you don't mean the Launcher but the Beta version?

Yes the beta version, are you not intending too or waiting for more feedback before updating?

Just my luck and now I really can't move as I have my bags all filled with vehicle parts and barely any food, I can see it now log in tent gone.

Oh well I could always try to eat one of the wheels...

i'm new to day z and i just want to play for my first time, the game looks awesome, and i mean the real definition of awesome. but i have a problem....

when i try to join a server using 6 launcher it go to tank loading screen, on bottom it say waiting to load then sometimes screen goes black,(if it doesn't it automatically exit) when i exit a popup says "Bad serial number frum Setup" and i cant join ANY server.

please help me

I have also an annoying error and Ive tried a solution that I found on here but it really messed up my game so I had to reinstall the game, actually doing it right now.

I can launch six launcher without a problem, it updated my game and everything. I enter a server and everything works fine, loads perfectly. But then at the last load section (presumed the last one) it gets stuck there. The game doesnt freeze but the load doesnt finish. Its like stuck at 99.9999%. Ive noticed that several other has this problem and cant find a solution. Please help!

Ok so i got arma 2 and was playing dayz for mounts, then a few days ago it just stopped working, my friend told me i should have use the six launcher. so i uninstalled and re installed. i used the launcher and it looked like it was working fine, but when i was connecting to the server it closes my game and says arma 2 has stopped working. i have tried re updating and stuff but nothing is working. i don't know what to do.

Alright....whenever I try to get into a game, it tells me "no entry '.profilePathDefault'. and loads OA but without an option to do anything and like 8 bit graphics.

How do I reset the paths? And where can I find the newest DayZ mod...the only one I have is a little old and it wont let me play with it.

So how do I search to which servers my friends are on? Just type their in game name somewhere? Screenshot maybe?

i'm new to day z and i just want to play for my first time, the game looks awesome, and i mean the real definition of awesome. but i have a problem....

when i try to join a server using 6 launcher it go to tank loading screen, on bottom it say waiting to load then sometimes screen goes black,(if it doesn't it automatically exit) when i exit a popup says "Bad serial number frum Setup" and i cant join ANY server.

please help me

Please see here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4941-six-launcher-easy-installupdate-findjoin-dayz-servers-worldwide-network/page__st__300#entry338159

I have also an annoying error and Ive tried a solution that I found on here but it really messed up my game so I had to reinstall the game, actually doing it right now.

I can launch six launcher without a problem, it updated my game and everything. I enter a server and everything works fine, loads perfectly. But then at the last load section (presumed the last one) it gets stuck there. The game doesnt freeze but the load doesnt finish. Its like stuck at 99.9999%. Ive noticed that several other has this problem and cant find a solution. Please help!

That has nothing to do with SIX Launcher nor the DayZ installation. It's most likley the server. Please try some other ones.

Ok so i got arma 2 and was playing dayz for mounts, then a few days ago it just stopped working, my friend told me i should have use the six launcher. so i uninstalled and re installed. i used the launcher and it looked like it was working fine, but when i was connecting to the server it closes my game and says arma 2 has stopped working. i have tried re updating and stuff but nothing is working. i don't know what to do.

That's related to battleeye.

Alright....whenever I try to get into a game, it tells me "no entry '.profilePathDefault'. and loads OA but without an option to do anything and like 8 bit graphics.

How do I reset the paths? And where can I find the newest DayZ mod...the only one I have is a little old and it wont let me play with it.

Check if you have an arma.cfg in the profiles\users\YourAdminAcc.

stuck at wait for host.

if not battleye is not loaded...

HELP!!!!!

Please see: http://www.six-updater.net/2012/07/important-note-re-161-beta-patch-fix.html

We allready fixed the launcher to install the BE update upon beta update. But you may need to do it manually.

So how do I search to which servers my friends are on? Just type their in game name somewhere? Screenshot maybe?

We disabled that possibility to not allow stalking other players that don't want to be stalked. With version 2 of the launcher there will be a buddy system, so stay tuned. More info + screenshots pretty soon. :)

• Like 2