sickboy

Six Launcher - Easy Install/Update, Find/Join DayZ servers, worldwide network

I originally installed the day z mod using "worrom's Day Z mod updater v1.45" and the game no longer works.

what do i need to do now? delete the old mod files and reinstall using the six launcher?

Big Thx Sickboy, The Windowstheme change from Classic to Xp fixed the problem. A problem that would be the last that i imagined.

Big Thx Sickboy' date=' The Windowstheme change from Classic to Xp fixed the problem. A problem that would be the last that i imagined.

[/quote']Awesome! Really glad to hear, also because it solves the mystery of the countless exception reports that came in revolving around being unable to determine the currently active Theme.

Interestingly enough in my XP SP3 test VM, I cannot reproduce the issue while the Classic Theme is active :O

When i join a game it says "ctfweapons not found" and i use the installer. How do i fix this please help?

When i join a game it says "ctfweapons not found" and i use the installer. How do i fix this please help?

I believe it's a game/mod issue, not much I can do about. AFAIK you can ignore the message (click it away).

I believe it's a game/mod issue' date=' not much I can do about. AFAIK you can ignore the message (click it away).

[/quote'] But when i join a game arn't you sopossed to have a gun(srry about my spelling)cause when i spawn i dont have a gun

I believe it's a game/mod issue' date=' not much I can do about. AFAIK you can ignore the message (click it away).

[/quote'] But when i join a game arn't you sopossed to have a gun(srry about my spelling)cause when i spawn i dont have a gun

Not since recent versions :) You just woke up in a world of zombies - time to explore carefully, get orientation, surviving gear and weaponary, and hopes for fellowship ;-)

Last night Dayz worked fine. Today I just got the update form 6launcher and now I get stuck at "waiting for host" whenever I try to connect to a game. Cant tell you much other than everything is up to date and the right versions. Concidering it was working before and not now I'm guessing its the 6launcher?

Last night Dayz worked fine. Today I just got the update form 6launcher and now I get stuck at "waiting for host" whenever I try to connect to a game. Cant tell you much other than everything is up to date and the right versions. Concidering it was working before and not now I'm guessing its the 6launcher?

Waiting for host is AFAIK usually a server or connection issue.

Perhaps try some more servers.

If issues persist, please create a ticket with log files etc; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

(incl the game rpt file)

K will do. Just realized for some reason Arrowhead wasnt up to datefor some reason even though it was before. Updating that and ill give other servers a shot.

Tired of slow and difficult update procedures' date=' full servers and long waiting times ?

Presenting the [b']all new SIX Launcher, featuring:

• Easy Installation
  • A variety of Mod selections like (DayZ, ACE, PR, CWR etc...)
  • Incremental mod updates
  • Click and Play feature
  • Auto-queuing on full servers
  • Customizable real-time server lists
  • World wide mirror network
  • Choose your Favorite servers

and more.....

uom10.png

(Check the Image album for more images)

No more waiting on the Server-list screen, searching for your favorite server, we keep you in the game, so you can keep looting and slaying!

Get the SIX DayZ Custom launcher today !!!

Click Icon for download and instructions

attachment.php?aid=367

SIX, click and play.

Supplemental info

For more advanced use, there's the full fledged Six Updater also

We support our projects with great care, in case of issues or feedback, please find our issue tracker; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Several features and improvements are already planned and should be released coming weeks.

When I get into the six launcher and select install it wont verify and it states that "unhandled exception during updating host list exhausted" I've gone to the menu for both arma 2 and the operation arrowhead, re-downloaded the latest patch for the game and it still wont verify. Btw I have the game off Steam. Please help.

Hey Sickboy, if u change the Winxp theme to classic and restart ur Computer the issue is there again. If u change from classic to XP style u need no restart.

When I get into the six launcher and select install it wont verify and it states that "unhandled exception during updating host list exhausted" I've gone to the menu for both arma 2 and the operation arrowhead' date=' re-downloaded the latest patch for the game and it still wont verify. Btw I have the game off Steam. Please help.

[/quote']Hi, that should mean the Launcher cannot connect with any of the available mirrors, or that it cannot retrieve information from the portal.

Please verify your security suite (FW/AV/etc) settings, and if still issues create a ticket with the log files and details; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Hey Sickboy' date=' if u change the Winxp theme to classic and restart ur Computer the issue is there again. If u change from classic to XP style u need no restart.

[/quote']Hey, thanks! But somehow I still cannot reproduce it in my test VM.

Neither after restarting while the classic theme is active, there must be some other variable - e.g adjusted system files, theming software etc etc.

Could you try running in a command prompt: sfc /scannow

It should restore system files if needed.

I only managed to get this to work 1 time! Everytime I try to use it it crashes my internet. It also shows all ping for servers as 9999. I have no idea whats going on.

Sry Sickboy but i have done format C: and reinstalled all my stuff and ther eis no issue any more

I only managed to get this to work 1 time! Everytime I try to use it it crashes my internet. It also shows all ping for servers as 9999. I have no idea whats going on.

Same Here, Crashes the internet every time.

Same Here' date=' Crashes the internet every time.

[/quote']

If a program can 'crash' your internet, then something is definitely wrong with your internet. Either issues with the router/modem, or with the security suite (Firewall/AntiVirus) you're using.

Or the SIX software is not properly excluded.

Could you share some details on which security suite you're running, and the network topology, router/modem type etc?

FAQ updated with most common reasons for the software to fail, and how to resolve it; http://www.six-updater.net/p/documentation.html

For next version, The application is also enhanced to give the user better information about these issues, and how to deal with them.

I've got the retial versions, i installed six launcher and everything was fine until i try to join a server. One of two things happen, either i get stuck on the 'waiting for host' screen forever until i press Esc and go back or it gives me one of those many No Entry 'bin/' blah blah blah error messages and then takes me back to the main menu of the game.

I'm now uninstalling everything and reinstalling again. If that fails probably i'll give up or try again downloading it using Steam but that takes about 8 hours :(

Any advice, are there any setting in Six Launcher i need to play around with?

I've got the retial versions' date=' i installed six launcher and everything was fine until i try to join a server. One of two things happen, either i get stuck on the 'waiting for host' screen forever until i press Esc and go back or it gives me one of those many No Entry 'bin/' blah blah blah error messages and then takes me back to the main menu of the game.

I'm now uninstalling everything and reinstalling again. If that fails probably i'll give up or try again downloading it using Steam but that takes about 8 hours :(

Any advice, are there any setting in Six Launcher i need to play around with?

[/quote']Should be unrelated to Six Updater/Launcher, but rather to the server / mod / game.

Getting it over steam won't help.

Try some other servers. The CfgWeapons config error is a known issue and afaik you can simply ignore it.

It can sometimes take a long time to join a dayz server.

I had it over steam already and i actually once got to play a level although the zombies couldn't see me, i could walk straight pass them everytime it was like i was almost floating a little or in some sort of God mode so that wasn't fun. But it only happened once, the rest of the time i would get stuck on the black loading screen with the green loading bar full until i held ctrl alt del to log back to out to windows.

Well i'm installing the two games again, it auto patches to the latest version of OA. Then i'll try reinstalling Six Launcher again and fingers crossed.

Otherwise i'll go down the other log winded route of deleting the games and six launcher and downloading it via stream again and then try again on steam using six launcher. It's my last resort to play this game unfortuntely, maybe it won't work but i've got to give it a try before simply giving up or before someone can tell me where i'm going wrong.

just noticed that when i enter OA it still says ver 1.1 etc at the bottom right hand corner shouldn't it read 1.60?

It's strange because when i installed OA it updated to 1.60 but why doesn't it say ver 1.60 when i open the game?

Sixupdater/launcher is great, it fixed all the tiny errors that i created during manually installing and mostly patching the game. Im currently advising everyone i meet that has issues with DayZ to use it. DayZ should come standard with it, dont let people manually install, just use sixlauncher...

It's strange because when i installed OA it updated to 1.60 but why doesn't it say ver 1.60 when i open the game?

Strange indeed. Double check your virtualstore if running windows vista or 7' date=' (C:\users\username\appdata\local\virtualstore) and remove any arma related files.

1.1 actually sounds like 1.10 and that would indicate you are starting arma2, and not arma2oa ?

You can also try installing the 1.60 patch from http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20&option=com_rokdownloads&view=folder〈=en

[hr']

Sixupdater/launcher is great' date=' it fixed all the tiny errors that i created during manually installing and mostly patching the game. Im currently advising everyone i meet that has issues with DayZ to use it. DayZ should come standard with it, dont let people manually install, just use sixlauncher...

[/quote']Glad to hear, enjoy!

Let us know if there are any issues or feedback; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Thanks, installed this programme and used it to update. Before my game would constantly freeze at "loading" when trying to enter a server with the sound of heavy rain (longest I waited was half an hour).

Downloaded this, used update and made sure I had the latest beta patch. Game now runs perfectly so thanks :)

PROBLEM SOLVED - YEPEEEEEE

Ok it was because i trusted the ARMA2 auto installer, it did say updating to 1.60 and it downloaded the files which took about 15mins but when i went into the game it still said version 1.5.1 etc.

I then downloaded the 1.60 patch manually and installed it. Then when i went into the game i noticed it now said version 1.60 and now it had different icons too, Arma 2, Arma OA and Joint Operations so i knew it was probably fixed. I then installed Six Launcher again and it took me into games without any problems.

The satisfaction of finally playing and self accomplishment was amazing, Lol.