sickboy

Six Launcher - Easy Install/Update, Find/Join DayZ servers, worldwide network

Hello, not sure if that reply was to me, Sickboy but I do that now. Though I just managed to screw up Arrowhead too now. It won't run. Instead I get 'Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine'.

Why couldn't I just like baking or soap opera instead of longing to fight zombies. Thanks again.

Edit - rereading the title, I don't think that message was for me. I created an account for support I haven't created a ticket as I think your reply was for the previous person. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Thank you

Sula

I am trying to use Six Updater, but it will not work. I downloaded the set up file (Six Updater v2.9.7pre3 setup) but it won't open. I have tried all mirrors, restarted my computer many times, ran as admin, and tried compatibility mode. I have tried everything I can think of, but nothing works. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

I would also like to add I have tried troubleshooting compatibility and it is incompatible. I don't know which compatibility mode to try, I tried most then gave up. I have windows 7.

Oh thank you! I will create a ticket immediately. Honestly, I'm not half as dumb as I seem. Maybe only 25%!

Now I just have to find out what application log files and RPT files are and away we go. *tries not to look utterly lost and wonders what to do next apart from panicking*

Hello, it's my first time trying to play DayZ.

So, I saw that the DayZ is down due to maintenance, but, I have a friend who stills able to play AND update the mod.

But I'm having an issue trying to update my first-time installation of DayZ mod... When I open the Six Launcher, click in a server and click in "Install", my launcher "freezes" at this:

post-73759-0-63961800-1344400000_thumb.j

Is it because DayZ is down or it's a problem with my installation?

That's what I did:

1º - Downloaded the Arma II and Arma II OA (Steam).

2º - Launched each one once (and configured them), launched in Arma II: C.O. once.

3º - Downloaded Six Updater.

4º - Installed Six Updater.

5º - Configured the Six Updater (and I've already tried with the default configurations)

6º - This problem :(

Ty for the help

*tries not to look utterly lost and wonders what to do next apart from panicking*
Read the steps at the Support page, they lead to the documentation of the log files and so forth ;-)

Sickboy,

I just merged a thread/post.

It droped in just behind your last post...Oops

Thanks.

Hello' date=' it's my first time trying to play DayZ.

So, I saw that the DayZ is down due to maintenance, but, I have a friend who stills able to play AND update the mod.

But I'm having an issue trying to update my first-time installation of DayZ mod... When I open the Six Launcher, click in a server and click in "Install", my launcher "freezes" at this:

And then, appears this:

That's what I did:

2º - Launched each one once (and configured them), launched in Arma II: C.O. once.

5º - Configured the Six Updater (and I've already tried with the default configurations)

[hr']

Ty for the help

Heya,

It seems your security suite (AV/Firewall) or modem/router is blocking the connections of the Six Launcher and/or it's included utilities (Six Updater\Tools and subfolders).

Please try excluding all these utilities from your security suite, etc (some docs over at http://www.six-projects.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Documentation#Firewalls,%20ports%20and%20security/antivirus)

If still issues, please create a ticket with details and log files as detailed at http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Thanks!

Hello' date=' it's my first time trying to play DayZ.

And then, appears this:

That's what I did:

[hr']

Ty for the help

Heya,

It seems your security suite (AV/Firewall) or modem/router is blocking the connections of the Six Launcher and/or it's included utilities (Six Updater\Tools and subfolders).

Please try excluding all these utilities from your security suite, etc (some docs over at http://www.six-projects.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Documentation#Firewalls,%20ports%20and%20security/antivirus)

If still issues, please create a ticket with details and log files as detailed at http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Thanks!

I've tried with my AV (Kaspersky Internet Security 2011) disabled & Firewall disabled (but my router firewall is enabled), but the problem persists...

Maybe this problem is occuring because I don't have a folder called "@DayZ" in my "Steam\steamapps\common" folder? Because it's my first time trying to playing the game... All I did was download both games & Six Launcher.

I've tried with my AV (Kaspersky Internet Security 2011) disabled & Firewall disabled (but my router firewall is enabled)' date=' but the problem persists...

Maybe this problem is occuring because I don't have a folder called "@DayZ" in my "Steam\steamapps\common" folder? Because it's my first time trying to playing the game... All I did was download both games & Six Launcher.

[/quote']Nah the issue is clearly a connection issue, if you like you can confirm it by completely uninstalling the Kaspersky, but I realize that isn't very ideal.

In any case, having the log files could be helpful and give a better indication of the issue.

I've tried with my AV (Kaspersky Internet Security 2011) disabled & Firewall disabled (but my router firewall is enabled)' date=' but the problem persists...

[/quote']Nah the issue is clearly a connection issue, if you like you can confirm it by completely uninstalling the Kaspersky, but I realize that isn't very ideal.

In any case, having the log files could be helpful and give a better indication of the issue.

May I upload the log file here or in a ticket?

I'm trying to upload it in a ticket and I'm having this problem too lol:

# The file you tried to upload is not allowed. #

I've tried uploading the logs folder in a file called logs.zip AND I've tried uploading the six-updater3.log too...

*tries not to look utterly lost and wonders what to do next apart from panicking*
Read the steps at the Support page' date=' they lead to the documentation of the log files and so forth ;-)

[/quote']

God bless ya, Gov'nor!

Sorry but it's definitely a problem with the Six Launcher.

I've tried disabling 100% my AV, my firewall and my router's firewall and STILL getting the same problem.

Now I've decided to install DayZ manually and it worked.

Disabling these softwares doesn't always help, hence I suggested uninstallation though I know its not ideal.

Another option is upgrading the kaspersky software to the very latest version.

Attaching the logs as a zip file in a ticket should work fine, not sure why you got errors?

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/issues

Apologies if this has already been answered, but I have a question. Is there any way to switch servers without having to exit completely out of the game? Right now if I quit one server and minimize ArmA2, then try to load another server, six launcher just loads a second ArmA2.

Thanks in advance.

Sickboy et al

Big thanks for great software!

Not more difficult to use than most of the stuff in the ARMA universe ~

i used this to get the dayz mod and every time i try and join a server it starts to join then boots me back to the lobby and puts a message up saying

cannot play/edit this mission;it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus'

also on start up it comes up with 2 messages

one says

needs CAbuilding

and the othere says something about vehicles and rifle

can any1 tell me y it is doing this and how i can fix it ? plz and ty

Sickboy et al

Big thanks for great software!

Not more difficult to use than most of the stuff in the ARMA universe ~

NP' date=' thanks :)

[hr']

i used this to get the dayz mod and every time i try and join a server it starts to join then boots me back to the lobby and puts a message up saying

cannot play/edit this mission;it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus'

one says

needs CAbuilding

Sounds like the Launcher cannot find the ARMA2 Original game (only Operation Arrowhead), is it installed? Steam or other edition?

one says

needs CAbuilding

I've been playing fine for about a week now but I started getting this message lastnight, trying to do everything i can to fix it but nothing yet.

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue. When I click verify or update in Six launcher it will take 15 minutes before it is done. Also when updating it will never show me the status. It just sits there and then 15 min later it's instantly done. I've played on some other computers and know verify should only take a few seconds.

I have the steam version of the game. I've tried disabling all firewalls and anti-virus and I have reinstalled both the game and six launcher. The only difference between the other computers I've used and mine that I can find is my steam is not on the OS drive. I don't know why that would make a difference but that's all i can find different in the setups.

one says

needs CAbuilding

Easy fix this. :D

Open up "/common/Arma 2" folder then select All and Copy.

Then open "/common/Arma 2 operation arrowhead" and paste into it.

If it says do you wish to overwrite some of the files tell it no...

'Arma 2 operation arrowhead' when used with the DayZ mod is missing some items that are in 'Arma 2'. By copying like this you get the missing items, etc.

I wouldn't recommend doing that, something must be wrong with the launch parameters since it should be loading both arma2 and OA.

The log files (application logs and game rpt file) should reveal

I only get 9999 pings for all servers in SL, only a few (3-5) have actual pings shown.

what to do?

ATTENTION to developers and users !

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Six Launcher is the source of severe lags !

It seems that it regularly downloads big amount of info making traffic jams so big that even Skype conversations lags.

In game it was 3-7 second lags every 50-100 seconds.

When I started to close it after I connect to servers it became much better.

And it also big in memory (not an issue if you have plenty of it) and not quick to start (slow game verifying)/

Now I figured out how to launch DayZ without it, but will use it for mod updates.