sickboy

Six Launcher - Easy Install/Update, Find/Join DayZ servers, worldwide network

I bought Arma 2 COa few days ago to use the mod and I have been trying to use six Launcher to play but it gets stuck on as far as I've seen the last loading screen It makes it through everything else fine then freezes any help or know what I could do? Would really appreciate it the game looks fun!

Tired of slow and difficult update procedures, full servers and long waiting times ?

Presenting the all new SIX Launcher, featuring:

• Easy Installation
  • A variety of Mod selections like (DayZ, ACE, PR, CWR etc...)
  • Incremental mod updates
  • Click and Play feature
  • Auto-queuing on full servers
  • Customizable real-time server lists
  • World wide mirror network
  • Choose your Favorite servers

and more.....

uom10.png

(Check the Image album for more images)

No more waiting on the Server-list screen, searching for your favorite server, we keep you in the game, so you can keep looting and slaying!

Get the SIX DayZ Custom launcher today !!!

Click Icon for download and instructions

http://dayzmod.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=367

SIX, click and play.

Supplemental info

For more advanced use, there's the full fledged Six Updater also

We support our projects with great care, in case of issues or feedback, please find our issue tracker; http://www.six-updat.../p/support.html

Several features and improvements are already planned and should be released coming weeks.

the Instalastion was working great but when i try to join any server up to date or not, it says You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.Ca_Modules_Function.

HELP!

I bought Arma 2 COa few days ago to use the mod and I have been trying to use six Launcher to play but it gets stuck on as far as I've seen the last loading screen It makes it through everything else fine then freezes any help or know what I could do? Would really appreciate it the game looks fun!

the Instalastion was working great but when i try to join any server up to date or not, it says You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.Ca_Modules_Function.

HELP!

Okay, both of you please make sure that you have installed Patch 1.60 for Arma2 CO. (http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20&option=com_rokdownloads&view=folder〈=en)

Then if it still doesn't work, please provide us with logfiles or other aids so we can help you out. :) (See: http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html)

I have tried to download and install 1.60 but it says "! C:\Users\Taylor\Downloads\ARMA2OACORFT_Update_160.zip: CRC failed in ARMA2OA_Update_160.exe. The file is corrupt"

EDIT: My game is updated to 1.60 but I still can't play anything else I should try?

Edited by Sulthraze

WHY wont it work with PMC (private military company) and BAF (British armed forces)!!!!!

No one will reply to my threads?

It says the add_ons are bad serial keys for these add_ons. WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN???

I can play them fine, but DayZ does not accept them?

I use this launcher but everytime i connect to a server it says "You have been kicked off game" is there a way to fix htis?

I use this launcher but everytime i connect to a server it says "You have been kicked off game" is there a way to fix htis?

Try installing manually, theres a good youtube clip the shows you how. I used it works fine

@Sickboy nice job dude, but you forgot to post SS of options how to set,

Six Launcher

path and etc. could you post that, please ty.

I must mentioned very stupid instaler, thats why too many problems players had, I don't know how to even instal this game :S

Edited by GhostRaid3r

Hey guys i have a problem i start the six launcher and join in a server then comes a message : Wait for Host.

I wait 1hour: Wait for host.

And my Firewall is turned off.

Please help me fast

Don't bother with any launcher/updater application, they are more trouble than they are worth.

Just do it manually, it is very easy, just a matter of downloading files, extracting, then copy and pasting.

If you keep old versions you can rollback when the new updates don't work (I have files back to 1.7.1).

Kep yourself in control and you will reduce the impact of any problems.

Is the Wait for Host or Waiting for player creates a Bug from the Six launcher? Please can someone help me i need it so much :)

Sounds like your game isn't the right version or you have custom addons laying around in official game addons folders.

Post the logs, especially RPT file; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Don't bother with any launcher/updater application, they are more trouble than they are worth.

Just do it manually, it is very easy, just a matter of downloading files, extracting, then copy and pasting.

If you keep old versions you can rollback when the new updates don't work (I have files back to 1.7.1).

Kep yourself in control and you will reduce the impact of any problems.

The biggest problem users have isn't the Launcher but the state of their game installation.

We can try to better handle all these issues but they are not exclusive to launchers, they count just as much for manual installs, due to limitations in the game, patches or mods.

You can keep old files regardless of using Launcher, but more importantly - versions and fixes need to be moving forward, both on the DayZ development side, on the Servers side and on the Client side.

Nobody gets better from using older versions, you may experience it as the 'quickfix' but that doesn't change the fact.

For actual issues with the software, you can find the Support box to report them with details and log files, then we can actually solve the problems. http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Edited by Sickboy

@Sickboy nice job dude, but you forgot to post SS of options how to set,

Six Launcher

path and etc. could you post that, please ty.

Thanks.

There's no need to set any of the options unless you need the options for a specific purpose.

Are you experiencing issues? If so please post details and log files http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Edited by Sickboy

I have tried to download and install 1.60 but it says "! C:\Users\Taylor\Downloads\ARMA2OACORFT_Update_160.zip: CRC failed in ARMA2OA_Update_160.exe. The file is corrupt"

EDIT: My game is updated to 1.60 but I still can't play anything else I should try?

Please post your logs and details of the problem.

http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

six just doesnt work since 1.7

1st off it doesnt update me to the latest the beta patch, when i manually install said beta patch six then redownloads and installs the old 1(great)

launch via steam doesnt work and never has, the force beta button does nothing

nice and easy indeed

Hello,

I've downloaded Six Launcher and I use Steam version of ArmA II and ArmA II: OA, I did everything according to installation guide but now, when I launch Six Launcher and hiting the update button after a few seconds of download, my computer completely freezes (hangs) and forces me to restart the PC manually. I searched for answers and I found non so as final hope I'm coming here to ask for help, please tell me if there's a solution to my misfortune.

RIG:

Intel Core i5 750 machine with Windows 7 (64-bit) and 4GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 memory

ASUS Maximus III Extreme motherboard

XFX Radeon 5850 (which runs the game pretty good on high settings)

Got an Avira AntiVir Home Edition which I tried disabling while running the Six Launcher and it didn't help

Please, Please, Please, help me.

thank you in advance

Okej... I need help. Had a problem today regarding the same thing that the guy above is talking about.

1st off it doesnt update me to the latest the beta patch, when i manually install said beta patch six then redownloads and installs the old one...

The problem i have, is when i connect to a server using the installation given from six launcher.

I get the mission file, then the loading session with the tank and when im about to spawn the game crashes and it says

Arma 2 OA has stopped working....

Iv'e already reinstalled arma 2 oa true steam and spended 2 hours of doing so... how can i solve this error?

Before installing six launcher i did try both arma 2 and arma 2 oa... And it both worked fine....

Help please!

Okej... I need help. Had a problem today regarding the same thing that the guy above is talking about.

1st off it doesnt update me to the latest the beta patch, when i manually install said beta patch six then redownloads and installs the old one...

The problem i have, is when i connect to a server using the installation given from six launcher.

I get the mission file, then the loading session with the tank and when im about to spawn the game crashes and it says

Arma 2 OA has stopped working....

Iv'e already reinstalled arma 2 oa true steam and spended 2 hours of doing so... how can i solve this error?

Before installing six launcher i did try both arma 2 and arma 2 oa... And it both worked fine....

Help please!

after complete deletion of anything arma six or dayz related i now have this issue like you mention.it could be battleye

The biggest problem users have isn't the Launcher but the state of their game installation.

We can try to better handle all these issues but they are not exclusive to launchers, they count just as much for manual installs, due to limitations in the game, patches or mods.

You can keep old files regardless of using Launcher, but more importantly - versions and fixes need to be moving forward, both on the DayZ development side, on the Servers side and on the Client side.

Nobody gets better from using older versions, you may experience it as the 'quickfix' but that doesn't change the fact.

For actual issues with the software, you can find the Support box to report them with details and log files, then we can actually solve the problems. http://www.six-updat.../p/support.html

Most of peoples issues actually are with Launcher/Updater errors. Most of the reports are from that very camp. Hardly anybody who manually installs/updates reports errors. I understand the need for installers for the less techie, but the installers need a function to revert to a stable build if the new one is bugged, as has happened the last 3 updates. Maybe you can modify 6Launcher to do this?

I totally agree about progress with updates, but when they don't work we can't test them to help progress. If the lastest build makes it impossible to start the mod, how can I test it? So, by using a previous stable build until the new one is fixed at least I can still do something useful by finding issues, it's not a retrograde step, and you can get better from it.

I hope lessons have been learnt about the update procedure for future updates to avoid the problems that always arise due to lack of testing. It amazes me that yet again the same debacle occurs at update time, I would have expected that you would be more prepared for the general release.

There are many good suggestions from the community on how to do this. Most popular is limited release on, say, 10-20 servers with a wide selection of users (guinea pigs?), approx 1000, to test the new update before general release. Prevent ALL servers/launchers/players updating straight off as this is where your problems stem from. Surely this will benifit everybody longterm?

• Like 1

There are many good suggestions from the community on how to do this. Most popular is limited release on, say, 10-20 servers with a wide selection of users (guinea pigs?), approx 1000, to test the new update before general release. Prevent ALL servers/launchers/players updating straight off as this is where your problems stem from. Surely this will benifit everybody longterm?

thats too much common sense for developers ;-)

a bit offtopic from six, but applying alpha code onto beta code is really not going to help with dayz issues,although i admit i have very little idea on how long beta patches for arma last,for me it would make much more sense to use a stable arma build(well you know what i mean :-P) so it cuts down on all the confusion as to what the actual issues are, right now it can be 1 of 4 different software. this isnt the way to progress with an alpha as it just introduces too many unknowns

• Like 1

everytime i sart a game .... i end up with : OA ceased functionning .. (or something like that but in french cause im french) ...

the game never start i always crash .. i dont know if theres a character creation thing or whatever .. PLZ HELP ME !!!!

yes i tried: 1-reinstall the game.

2-reinstall dayz patch

3-reinstalled AND update battleye

probably did other stuff too .. it makes 3 days im trying to install this piece of crap ..

thx in advance