This has been doing my head in recently, is there any fix for it?

I thought I was the only one. Thank god. DayZ is unplayable, and I'm having withdrawals.

• Like 1

I haven't had this problem at all. I've got the -winxp switch on so I wonder if it's direct x related? My graphics card is an old gts250, is it only affecting newer hardware?

I was having this problem; I aborted, disconnected, exited game, and then re logged back into the server and everything was fixed.

But this need patched ASAP.

you are lucky

tried restarting client and even the server

got to where if i free looked or even turned more than 30-45 degrees, large curtains of opaqueness would flair out

it is happening all over the map

Edited by HSMagnet

I haven't had this problem at all. I've got the -winxp switch on so I wonder if it's direct x related? My graphics card is an old gts250, is it only affecting newer hardware?

Man i dont think so, i have GTS 250 too, and i have never got this glitch vefore, It's just a DayZ bug

(All this isn't just targeted at Kevono, just happened to be the person I quoted. This is a shoutout to all whiners and complaining who go beyond actually trying to help. To all those helping find the problem and posting what the staff need to try and find the problem. You guys rock.)

I'm afraid you don't really get the hang of it. The social feedback about how depressing it is not being able to play this game; that should be a heart warming feedback to the developers of both arma and most of all Dayz. Alpha or not, it's hard to hide your feelings when a game like this becomes unplayable. End of story.

• Like 1

getting some graphical glitches also. examples.... i thought maybe it was the independance day aliens... i got all excited... then i realised they arent real :(

arma2oa2012073021103583.jpg

arma2oa2012073021101530.jpg

arma2oa2012073021101377.jpg

arma2oa2012073021094726.jpg

arma2oa2012073021092152.jpg

arma2oa2012073021084957.jpg

PLEASE FIX TAHT SHIT !!! v1.7.2.3 no Grafik bug V1.7.2.4 BUGS 4 EVER/EVERYWERE AIRPORT and big Citys !!!! FIX IT FAST IF YOU CAN !!! PLEASE !!!!

Same problem here.

This is as mentioned before caused by any military environment, soldier corpses or anything similar.

Happens mostly at Airfields or Stary at the tents.

Couldn't find any solution to fix that issue...

The same is happening to me when looting in Military camps at Balota, it fills the entire screen with triangular shapes, unplayable.

Same thing is happening to me on every server. Graphical issues near any military tent, or hospital. The flush doesn't really work. And its not localized to one part of the map. Its everywhere, sometimes the game is unplayable. I know it's Alpha and devs are working hard, but please make this priority number 1. Unfortunatly I recruited a buddy to play and the first time he logged in the Artifacting was so bad, it was unplayable and now he will never play again.

I lost a fucking bus due to this. Was driving through Balota, suddenly get these artifacts. Had to turn around because I didnt see the road or ANYTHING around me, drive back through Cherno, get the bug again, crash the bus slightly and out of nowhere 2 wheels are broken..

im just happy its not me i got a ati hd 6850 ,only been playing 2 weeks ,logged on after latest patch and getting the same crap got it real bad in stary and small air field

1. Download NFOpad (Your going to need it to open and edit a file)

2. Right click "edit with NFOpad" - Mydocuments/ArmA2/"yourname".ArmA2OAProfile

3. Once you have open the file scroll all the way down until you see "sceneComplexity="

4. Change the value after the "=" to "100000" (ex. sceneComplexity=100000)

This also worked for me. reduced it from 150000 to 100000 and no more polygons.

• Like 1

Getting this as well.

Could not go into Berizeno at all as a result. Nor could I approach within 500m or so of the nwa.

Yep, I can add that it's just happened to me today, although it's been at least a day or two since the last update and I hadn't had any problems until now.

First saw a small area of it around NWAF, I restarted the game and it fixed it. Next I saw it in Berezino and it only seemed to effect the centre of the town, so it was probably caused by the tents next to the hospital. I could stand in the supermarket and look at the hospital and the screen goes crazy, look away from the hospital and everything is fine.

Will try the NFOpad fix, see if that works. EDIT- That fix worked for me.

Edited by Comcastle

you dont need nfopad for that

just use standard notepad or text editor of choice

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 1