Confirmed its the dead mil zombies that spawn near broken Humvee's

has nothing to do with zombies.....happened to me and the only thing around was a bridge. It just doesn't like certain objects apparently. Horrid and unplayable right now 418305_4115354597570_2134008615_n.jpg

its military zombies yea. so any area with military, cherno, stary, balota, airfields, green mountain, etc=unplayable.

Nope...I know you are trying to help but you're incorrect. It's happening everywhere and anywhere. Random. It looks to me like objects with low roofs causing it but its hard to tell, certainly it is NOT zombies.....happens in places with none of the above you mentioned

After the recent update, this happened to both me and my friend. To us, it would only happen when looking at an area where there was dead military zombies (in our case: Stary). I think there is some connection with those models, as mention of them re-occour throughout the thread. There might be more issues at hand that cause it to happen in more random cases as well though.

Date/Time:8:00 pn - present EST TIME

What happened: When looting Stary Sabor and all the other airports, there are some graphical issues that are really annoying. They seem to be coming from the military tents and it's pretty much unplayable when looting these sites. They appear from over 500 meters in game and blocks your whole screen with textures going everywhere.

Where you were: Stary Sabor, Balota Airfield, North West Airfield.

What you were doing: Looting Military tents/areas

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.4

*Server(s) you were on: Many servers, practically all of them i joined had this glitch. One I remember is US 1223

*Your system specs: GTX 560 ti, i5 2500k, 8gb ram

*Timeline of events before/after error: I was playing in the morning before the new patch came out and it was perfectly normal texture wise, but around 7pm i updated to 1.7.2.4 and started getting texture issues.

Me too >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Graphical Issue

I've been experiencing it when I look at "dead bodies", as in the ones which spawn at military locations.

Me and a friend just had that problem going to Balota. We left Zelenogorsk and didn't run into any problems whatsoever as we went to several deer stands on the way, which spawn MILITARY ZOMBIES. The problem started as we got to Balota, and led to me having a very horrible death after I ran around the tower in circles, unable to see anything, entrance blocked by barbed wire, until I finally was able to see the ladder, and ran up it to have a zombie at the top push me off. So sad.

Went back to get my body and it was even worse. I have no idea what caused it, but the military zombies were not the source. There was barbed wire in the area it was glitchy, and I could see fine if I turned my head away from the airbase.

***Oh, and my dead body was standing up. I don't know if that was related or just a really cool coincidence.

Edited by NoseDragon

its military zombies yea. so any area with military, cherno, stary, balota, airfields, green mountain, etc=unplayable.

yeah me too !!!

(Posted in another thread, didn't notice this one) I've been having the exact same problems. Last night I went into a military tent area with some friends and looted the placed, but we had to D/C in there for server restart. When we logged back in, I had these same glitches all over the place. I couldn't see anything, even as one of my friends became zombie chow right away. I've tried multiple servers, adjusting my settings all over the place, nothing works. And it does seem to only come up when I look in an area with those military tents.

Edited by Grindstone

Since I posted the images in here I restarted our server. I logged off and restarted game the problem was still there.

Others were complaining about other parts of the map and showing the same problem as well as the tents and vehicles not having spawned back in since a recent server restart

Restarting our server cleared this problem at balota for me anyway.

Same exact problem here. So far only near the NW airfield. This never occurred for me prior to this new patch...and as others have stated, it's unplayable in its current state.

Seems like every town even looking at one from 500m it glitches very bad. Cant login now till fixed.

Crash sites are fine (so not military zombies!)

• Like 1

No, it's not "military zombies" it's the static dead soldiers laying on the ground.

No, it's not "military zombies" it's the static dead soldiers laying on the ground.

And it's not even that as I have been getting it in areas without any of those...so I'm afraid to say the issue lies elsewhere.

I tried switching off AA as suggested by one user and indeed this does seem to get rid of the issue with the downside of jaggies

The following fix worked for me. Feedback welcome.

Go to Documents/ArmA 2/playername.ArmaA2OAProfile

Open file in Notepad

Search for "sceneComplexity=;"

Change to "sceneComplexity=100000;"

Save changes and exit.

Launch DayZ with preferred method.

Same problem at berezino. Ended up dying because I had to keep my eyes on the ground >.>

Pretty annoying. Seems to be restricted to military spawns though, no problems further inland so far

I am experiencing the same problem it is not military zombies as I looted a heki_crash site and it was not glitched . It happened to me at Stary and Balota.

The following fix worked for me. Feedback welcome.

Go to Documents/ArmA 2/playername.ArmaA2OAProfile

Open file in Notepad

Search for "sceneComplexity=;"

Change to "sceneComplexity=100000;"

Save changes and exit.

Launch DayZ with preferred method.

Didnt work

• Like 1

I'd like to confirm this also, i only just got and tried 1.7.2.4 and it seems that certain areas or entities are causing these crazy artefacts. at first i thought my gfx card died, ill try that scenecomplexity setting and see if it helps.

Please please please, fix it, it's unplayable at this point :(

• Like 1