I have seen the artifacts as well. In my case, I think it was the dead military guys causing it, although there may have been some barb wire in the line of sight I noticed it at. They seemed to be in the correct direction when I walked over to them after disabling AA.

I'm running an ATI 5770, and after disabling AA, I played the rest of the evening with no artifacts at all. YMMV.

I zerged rushed into the Barracks at NW Airstrip, looted a M4 SD and then died because of the artifacts, Awww :(

No you died because you zerged rushed an airfield. Confirmed artifacts coming from dead military zombies, some barbed wire fencing, and humvees. :P

Got the same problem since the last update.... praying for it to be fixed at next patch.

Here are some beans <3 :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

The only solution I have found to these problems are playing with graphics settings

Usually:

Vsync on/off > video memory to low > textures to low > video memory to default > video memory to very high > textures to very high > relog > restart client.

Basically all you are trying to do with that though is flush your video memory, I'm sure there is a way to do it in game though.

The flush command while in third person fixes it for me.

Pls more info! ^^ what's a flush command?

This is unplayable for me now, been flushing but now its happening all the time. I see they are fixing it in the next patch though.

What I don't get though is I saw 1.7.2.4 had been released but it said on the forum post that it was a test build and it would NOT be included in sixupdater, the same night it automatically updated to it and I've had these issues ever since! I'm guessing they scrapped the testing bit of it.

I used this method to fix my artifact issues: http://dayzmod.com/f...24-artifacting/

Sometimes the issue would crop back up, so I would just c&p a backup copy of the original file over the modified one, then go in and do the scenery edit again. Seems to work for me.

I haven't tried the flush command yet.

I think rocket is addressing the issue with the next patch.

Edited by Grindstone

same for me @ all servers running new versions, and all my clanmates! europe servers!

Edited by jjsly

Tired the flushing technique and it worked for about two seconds until i turned my head... I will be waiting patiently for the new patch to roll out tomorrow but until then I will be back with BF3 look for me with the same name if you care to join me

I got killed because i could not see them shooting, when they were 10m away... damn bug...

I fixed it with the sceneComplexety-fix ;)

Graphic artifacts seen all over the game map. Last one took place for me and my friends at the north west airfield. Makes the game unplayble! i understand is is a beta, but we are not happy. This should have been fixed by now. Its now wedsday and its still going on. Done playing till they fix this problem and the constant server conection issues.

Graphic artifacts seen all over the game map. Last one took place for me and my friends at the north west airfield. Makes the game unplayble! i understand is is a beta, but we are not happy. This should have been fixed by now. Its now wedsday and its still going on. Done playing till they fix this problem and the constant server conection issues.

good thing you're a paying customer!

Also, yeah the artifacts (as I'm sure it's been covered to death) seems to be when i'm near military places (as of right now i'm at stary sobor). going to hold off on playing until the patch is out. can't wait to get back in!

It isnt the barbed wire, its the dead soldier zombies that are causing this to happen. A simple way they can fix this issue is to just delete the solider zombies that are there

Can some one please fix this? I keep having to log out. I cant play in Cherno because of this big black mass fills my entire screen when looking toward the center of town.

I, and my friend experienced heavy graphic artifacting in Chernogosk, near the intersection where a UAZ spawn is. The area contains crashed HMMVWs, and static dead soldier bodies. No wire fences, or sandbags to speak of. My Video card is an ATI Radeon HD 4600. I'll try reinstalling my Video drivers, and get back to the thread.

same happened to me yesterday,

but me and my friend niticed that there are three different types: the first ones are most likly random maybe building grafics and they are black or really dark, the second ones 100% come from the dead soldiers that are auto spawned NOT from killed zeds just those dead soldiers, and the third we saw was white and acually only apeared on the ground dont know where it came frome, oh and we saw 1 single triangle that just went from the sea to the sun first we thought it was a rain bow^^

@DayZ Team pls fix this i also died because of this^^

best regards SgtShark

some screenshots of the graphical issues (cherno in this case but they happen all over):

XJF7X.jpg

MRpmu.jpg

• Like 1

Hi everybody,

Ok thanks for the "flush" option, this does indeed work for the graphic glitch, not a fine methoded if your under attack tho ....:)

Make sure to "flush" before your next action or move, doing the fix during running or attack is deadly.

So the "left Shift" and NumPad "-" sign, then typing "flush" (without quotes) does indeed work, had to do it about 100 times during the game yesterday but hey working is not deadly.

Like i said before, the day's counter is not reset in 1.7.2.4, i dont mind but just as a bug report.

Another thing i noticed yesterday is that when you loot a place "dry" by dropping all stuff outside a building, the lag after new stuff spawns is terrible, i normally do not do this but i thought yesterday on trying it because there were only 10 people in the server, and running into them was only a slim change so i dared staying at one location longer.

Hope this is of some interest.

Kind regards,

Alphons