Vipeax

Server-side Hotfix 0.7.2, Helicopter status and server info

So will every server spawn at least one helicopter or will most servers not ever spawn one until one on another server has been destroyed?

I believe it's one or two heli spawns per server

I believe it's one or two heli spawns per server

you are believing wrong there are 6 spawns per server. before the reintroduction there were between 1-3 choppers actually spawning per server on these spawn points.

• Like 1

So, at best a downgrade to 1.7.2.3 to fix the massive graphical glitches in 1.7.2.4 is temporary? Great...

Change the graphics to default fixes it Stop complaining like a bitch

The massive graphic glitches seemed to go away as soon as I installed Beta v95417.

*I found a map that says helicopter crashed here with a circle marking the spot. Its in the middle of a field SW of a church. I ran through the fields and there was no helicopter. Is there a timer for it to spawn? or is suppose to be there and have loot on a timer but isn't in yet?

So What is to happen to servers that fail to update? Will they simply be removed from the list (temporarily?) My son has a DayZ server running (NL14) but went on vacation. He will only be able to update at the end of next week.

Fish

*I found a map that says helicopter crashed here with a circle marking the spot. Its in the middle of a field SW of a church. I ran through the fields and there was no helicopter. Is there a timer for it to spawn? or is suppose to be there and have loot on a timer but isn't in yet?

I loled

• Like 9

The massive graphic glitches seemed to go away as soon as I installed Beta v95417.

There random spawns, and I would not ever go to a place that has been player marked on a map, your likely to get shot.

There random spawns, and I would not ever go to a place that has been player marked on a map, your likely to get shot.

Ya? ppl can draw, mark & write on them? I was gonna go check out the other circled marked base but now i donno about it.

So What is to happen to servers that fail to update? Will they simply be removed from the list (temporarily?) My son has a DayZ server running (NL14) but went on vacation. He will only be able to update at the end of next week.

Fish

I'm glad I'm not playing on THAT server!

Ive not seen a heli yet, so my question may seem dumb.

Is there a constant number of helicopter spawns?

If so, if a player crashes a heli, does another respawn or are player crashed helis repairable?

Edited by Rhoobarb1

Ive not seen a heli yet, so my question may seem dumb.

Is there a constant number of helicopter spawns?

If so, if a player crashes a heli, does another respawn or are player crashed helis repairable?

I don't think they've been put in yet.

I think that's in 24 hours or so.

Putting the helicopters in is a database change, not included in the patch.

I don't think they've been put in yet.

I think that's in 24 hours or so.

Putting the helicopters in is a database change, not included in the patch.

Thanks, I did read that, my question was more kind of a general 'when they are put back in...'

Thanks, I did read that, my question was more kind of a general 'when they are put back in...'

Ah, I see.

I wonder about the same thing (as far as when they would respawn).

What I've read unofficially is after a couple of days, on a server restart, they will spawn (hence admins restarting servers, sometimes, I would suppose).

I am also wondering how hiding them off map will work, because EVERY ONE will be kept off map. The way I recall, if someone flies it off map I to the wilderness where no one else can find it, all they have to do is save it at certain intervals (probably less than 24 hours).

Ander or Vipeax, is that pretty much accurate? Because this just puts them in clan hands who can rotate members in to keep that off the map.

Hopefully, no matter what happens, something off map will eventually despawn (so the server admin can send friends near the spawn points, restart the server and respawn and grab the helicopter before normal players)...

Just wondering.

Edited by Disgraced

I didnt realise they could be kept off map, hope it gets sorted somehow as thats kind of lame.

Don't forget guys of how fragile helicopters are. You can ever so gently rub the side of a tree and part(s) of the Helicopter will be orange/red. You can take a CZ 550 and hit the body of the Rotor/Engine and it will be orange/red. Take a AS50 or M107 and shoot the helicopter anywhere.. it'll take less than a clip to take down.

Don't forget guys of how fragile helicopters are. You can ever so gently rub the side of a tree and part(s) of the Helicopter will be orange/red. You can take a CZ 550 and hit the body of the Rotor/Engine and it will be orange/red. Take a AS50 or M107 and shoot the helicopter anywhere.. it'll take less than a clip to take down.

yeah and i think it would be stupid to shot down helicopters, because u cant loot the pilot or the crew ( its only possible if they eject before it explodes ) its better to follow the chopper and steal it like an special operation silent sneak attack :P

Edited by snajdan
  • Like 1

Hopefully, no matter what happens, something off map will eventually despawn (so the server admin can send friends near the spawn points, restart the server and respawn and grab the helicopter before normal players)...

and this is exactly how i think about 70-90% of all choppers in game will be out of sight from the first 30 minutes after they are reimplemented. and they will keep out of sight for ever for the very big majority of the dayz survivors.

this would require that you actually see a chopper flying around and that you have such a big calliber gun available at this 10-20 seconds time frame. what i think will happen with the choppers can be easily assumed if you think what is the situation with all other vehicles. clans people hoard them in some distant place, maybe still outside of the map, just to have them standing there. i would say that hardly any vehicles hoarded by the clans are ever used. maybe offroad vehicles like jeeps or motorcycles. these types are the only ones which are usefull really. but the clans are hoarding every vehicle they can get just to have them standing around in the wilderness for ever so that the big majority of all dayz players will never see a vehicle.

and with choppers in most cases this will be the same. all the clans (aswell as the server owners with their folks who will use server restarts, playerkicks and the like to accomplish their goal) will run for them like crazy children after they are reimplemented just to fly them into the desert and never have them moving again.

Edited by CommanderBoiled

I'm glad I'm not playing on THAT server!

Yeah I told him to give me access so I could keep an eye on it but he didn't. I don't play there anyway as it is a recruit server. But it really sucks if you are a regular there.

The server updates come so fast and furious it is a wonder anyone can keep up. I understand each one take a manual install. Not an auto update went the server restarts, as far as I know (I don't know much). Just looked and we are now on version 95417. 36 hours ago it was 95251. That is 4 updates farther. Owning a server for this beta is a full time job.

Fish

I'm having the same trouble with the server I usually play on. Been waiting all morning for it to update from 95312 so I can get back on. The worst thing is that I have my tents with hard won booty and should a server be inaccessible for a week (like my son's), the tents will all disappear

• Like 1

Yeah I told him to give me access so I could keep an eye on it but he didn't. I don't play there anyway as it is a recruit server. But it really sucks if you are a regular there.

The server updates come so fast and furious it is a wonder anyone can keep up. I understand each one take a manual install. Not an auto update went the server restarts, as far as I know (I don't know much). Just looked and we are now on version 95417. 36 hours ago it was 95251. That is 4 updates farther. Owning a server for this beta is a full time job.

Fish

I'm having the same trouble with the server I usually play on. Been waiting all morning for it to update from 95312 so I can get back on. The worst thing is that I have my tents with hard won booty and should a server be inaccessible for a week (like my son's), the tents will all disappear

I feel your pain!

Does that mean the issue with vehicles not spawning in instance ids over 6000 will be sorted out and I'll have vehicles on my server now? I didn't quite understand the comment you made. I'm just waiting for word on the vehicles being added to my server and everyone else with a 6000+ ID.