Vipeax

Server-side Hotfix 0.7.2, Helicopter status and server info

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:21 AM

We found our Helo on Skalisty and it's all fine. But on our other server we repaired it too, we went to solnichny and fueled it up. Then our server restarted and it's on the Skalisty again and fully damaged, like we repaired nothing, although we were flying around and the helo was standing 15 minutes in front of the gas station and we SAVED it.

Server Version is up to date. Newest beta and everything. Very sad, because all parts are gone now...

good, We appreciate all the people that host the servers, but locking them out to keep the goodies yourselves is just plain wrong. Cheating if you ask me. Please post your server (along with every other server admin that locks the servers to try and hoard the loot) so that those of us that would like to have every aspect of the game fairely open to us, can. I would like to know what servers I can actually have chance on, and I'll stay away from the rest.

That's not the point. The point is that tents with id over 1 million WOULDNT SAVE ANYTHING.

They still don't. And other tents that were working before now have static inventories (reverting on server restart to whatever contents were inside pre-patch, thus becoming useless for storage and creating a duping possibility). The latest patch has further broken the very thing it was meant to fix.

Edited by takfar

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:21 AM

We found our Helo on Skalisty and it's all fine. But on our other server we repaired it too, we went to solnichny and fueled it up. Then our server restarted and it's on the Skalisty again and fully damaged, like we repaired nothing, although we were flying around and the helo was standing 15 minutes in front of the gas station and we SAVED it.

Server Version is up to date. Newest beta and everything. Very sad, because all parts are gone now...

good, We appreciate all the people that host the servers, but locking them out to keep the goodies yourselves is just plain wrong. Cheating if you ask me. Please post your server (along with every other server admin that locks the servers to try and hoard the loot) so that those of us that would like to have every aspect of the game fairely open to us, can. I would like to know what servers I can actually have chance on, and I'll stay away from the rest.

find this is funny you mention we found OUR heli but to quote you you say " Please post your server (along with every other server admin that locks the servers to try and hoard the loot) so that those of us that would like to have every aspect of the game fairely open to us, can" how is that being open if you take it and hoard it too

ive been playing this game for ages and im still not convinced theres a bus in this game .... IVE never seen it cause of you so called open to us all players.... please

Edited by pepe.lp

Hey everyone,

many of the changes in 1.7.2.4 include changes in the way the game communicates with the Hive. These changes require every server to be running the latest version of both the mod & the Hive component, run with BattlEye enabled, as well as a recent beta build (>= 95389).

To make sure every server is in sync with the recent developments, we are required to disable older versions of the Hive extension from being functional in the near future, which, at this point, is estimated to occure in about 36 hours from the creation of this thread (subject to change). Tomorrow morning there will be a final wording regarding this subject.

The re-introduction of Helicopters is directly affiliated to this change and thus they will not be functional till previous versions of both DayZ as well as the Hive component have deflated, as the changes of the recent patch are mandatory to make them functional.

Further testing also showed a small bug in the Hive component, for which we will be releasing a second update for on the server side (0.7.2), which has been made available in the regular distrubtion areas for hosters.

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Vehicles with ID's above 1 million didn't synchronize.

* [FIXED] First object in the database not being loaded.

Again I'd like to remind all hosters that running a build that is >= 95389 is required, BattlEye has to be enabled for your server to be fully functional and it is very import that you update your Hive component to the latest version within the next 36 hours.

Awesome thanks for the news...I think we are all looking forward to using hueys again!

Oh btw are there any other confirmed heli spawns besides the island? Flew all over the map and didn't see any other helis on my server.

Only 1 heli spawns per server for now.

More will come once everything is working.

I can confirm that vehicles don't save (position & inventory) and tents don't save.

It happens on both of our servers, so it can't be a server problem.

We have the newest beta patch, Hive hotfix and DayZ update.

Still, after every single restart everything is back to old state.

Vehicles are where they were when the server started.

The heli we recovered 5 times now is back at spawn.

The tents are as they were when the server started.

The only thing that currently really saves for me is my character.

We can blow all our vehicles up, restart the server and they are there again.

We can take all the stuff from the vehicles, restart the server and it's there again.

edit: Before someone suggest it: Yes, we did save. We even left them for hours at the same position, they still got reset.

Edited by DomiStyle

Dear admins,

When are you going to fix the issue where helicopters reset to their old spawn state each restart? It's getting very frustrating doing all the effort to repair it only to see it was for nothing after it restarts.

I had vehicles and tents save position and gear fine (I compulsively save them every time I finish modifying the inventory), but I didn't really pay enough attention to my ATV (before I blew it up after a reset) to notice if any gear respawned in it.

We had the same issue and I was sure, I've installed the latest updates. I reinstalled the newest updates, hoster is HostAltitude and then the chopper just saved like it should. Everything is working fine since then and we have three servers. All tents and vehicles are saving.

Where can I download the 0.7.2 hive file? My server has got invalid server side application error and I've been told its a hive issue.

vilayer.com is my host.

I can confirm that vehicles don't save (position & inventory) and tents don't save.

We can take all the stuff from the vehicles, restart the server and it's there again.

edit: Before someone suggest it: Yes, we did save. We even left them for hours at the same position, they still got reset.

Both my servers have all these issues as well.

How exactly are you restarting the server? Doing #shutdown and then relaunching it is the cleanest way to do it.

Edited by Sodajones

How exactly are you restarting the server? Doing #shutdown and then relaunching it is the cleanest way to do it.

Yes, I am shutting the server down properly.

It seems like some servers got these problems and some don't.

So, are tents working now?

Me and my group just found tents, but we won't use them until we are sure they are working...

Same problems on our server DE 837

Not true, I've had my vehicles (2 ATV's) save positions and gear, for about 2 weeks now.

new vehicles don't reliably save.

Well, guys. My server started for good, last week.

We already found a chopper, and a few vehicles. But I don't remember if the main admin already updated.

The vechicles and tents(except for one of them) are saving as they are supposed to.

What I don't know is if we update it will wipe all our vehicles.

This is right? Or we will get our vehicles?

Sometimes on server restarts we get a bug, and they do not reappear, and after a few restarts, sometimes only one(specially if made from the server ftp) and all is back.

Is it normal?

If we update we will loose all the stuff?

It would be nice if someone can answer this for me.

We are hosted at Vilayer.

Thank you all

Well, guys. My server started for good, last week.

We already found a chopper, and a few vehicles. But I don't remember if the main admin already updated.

The vechicles and tents(except for one of them) are saving as they are supposed to.

What I don't know is if we update it will wipe all our vehicles.

This is right? Or we will get our vehicles?

Sometimes on server restarts we get a bug, and they do not reappear, and after a few restarts, sometimes only one(specially if made from the server ftp) and all is back.

Is it normal?

If we update we will loose all the stuff?

It would be nice if someone can answer this for me.

We are hosted at Vilayer.

Thank you all

This is exactly why allowing players to host is not helpful in the development of the game. Many, not all, hosters care more about their precious camps than about moving the game forward. Twice now, because of an unwillingness to update due to loss of loots, I have updated and the server I play on has not. It is not uncommon since the release of choppers to see hosters locking servers with 4-8 players on it and then days later announcing that they were "working on the server and testing the update".

Me and my friends always update to the latest everything. We have a chopper now, a UAZ, all sorts of guns and awesome loot. It will disappear. It will get stolen, wiped, trashed, bug out, flip over, delete. I have accepted that as a player, if you haven't as a hoster of an ALPHA MOD, you have no business hosting.

I say its time to warn hosters that don't update after a week or so and blacklist there after. The most upsetting thing is that we have been trying to host a server for a month, we are active in the community and one of our members owns www.hostedgameservers.com which already has Arma 2 severs hosted, but for some reason we are getting no love. Again, I appreciate hosters that update, and warn of restarts and provide input to the community, and I know that that is the majority, but holy hell did the above post piss me off.

• Like 4

I say its time to warn hosters that don't update after a week or so and blacklist there after.

The development team has gone through the absolutely moronic route of changing the hiveext with every patch, forcing you to deploy any new patch within ~36 hours of it come out. So people who actually wanted to avoid the hideous graphical issues that 1.7.2.4 brought can't.

The development team has gone through the absolutely moronic route of changing the hiveext with every patch, forcing you to deploy any new patch within ~36 hours of it come out. So people who actually wanted to avoid the hideous graphical issues that 1.7.2.4 brought can't.

Do you not understand that you are hosting for 2 purposes? The primary is to help with the development by testing and relaying info about the performance of the updates and the SECONDARY is to provide a sweet game for everyone to play. You should be forced to update even if it makes everyone swim in the sky and changes everyones backpacks to butterfly wings. Eff that, you shouldn't be forced, you should WANT to update, for the benefit of the community and the game. In my opinion, it kills the community and hurts development when half of the servers on still on 10.7.2.3. Whether you see it or not, progress is being made, and many hosters are impeding that progress because of their camps, loot and the fear of losing them. Point blank period

• Like 6

ive been playing this game for ages and im still not convinced theres a bus in this game .... IVE never seen it cause of you so called open to us all players.... please

We found a bus twice the other night, just sitting there like a big old greyhound waiting for passengers. Lots of good gear in it as well. We drove it off into the forest into the trees and saved it with intent to use as our storage facility. Alas....hackers killed us and we didn't get back to it that night so it will be gone.

There are busses.

This is exactly why allowing players to host is not helpful in the development of the game. Many, not all, hosters care more about their precious camps than about moving the game forward. Twice now, because of an unwillingness to update due to loss of loots, I have updated and the server I play on has not. It is not uncommon since the release of choppers to see hosters locking servers with 4-8 players on it and then days later announcing that they were "working on the server and testing the update".

Me and my friends always update to the latest everything. We have a chopper now, a UAZ, all sorts of guns and awesome loot. It will disappear. It will get stolen, wiped, trashed, bug out, flip over, delete. I have accepted that as a player, if you haven't as a hoster of an ALPHA MOD, you have no business hosting.

I say its time to warn hosters that don't update after a week or so and blacklist there after. The most upsetting thing is that we have been trying to host a server for a month, we are active in the community and one of our members owns www.hostedgameservers.com which already has Arma 2 severs hosted, but for some reason we are getting no love. Again, I appreciate hosters that update, and warn of restarts and provide input to the community, and I know that that is the majority, but holy hell did the above post piss me off.

Put your servers in your signature.

Couple days ago we fought nice battle for a chopper and manage to get it, and after few seconds we realized that, second chopper is 200 m away from it. We had enough crew to cover all the MG's and we headed for a trip. Well, found few camps, cars etc. looted them. As we landed we saved all the vehicles/helis. Close to the end of our journey, we spotted another Huey crashed with some newbie body next to it. So it gave 3 Huey on one server.

I wont call it a hack or glitch, and I think that it is pretty possible that some servers might spawn more than one heli. As far as i remember Ander said that they'd seed one chopper to test them. We tested them already, why then wouldn't we spawn more? :)

Sad thing is that when we splitted, server had restarted (with people in the air).

Some of them appeared on the ground the rest in a sea, although luckily every one was alive. But since then, no one ever seen any chopper on that server. We checked every saved locations, even after two restarts.

Can someone answer where are they?

Safe in heaven or rather burning in hell, while waiting to respawn again - which I won't mind, I'm just curious, I'm not attached to gear.

It was a huuuuuuuuuge relief to be on the ground after restart - If it was intended, then DayZdevTeam have done brilliant job solving this problem!

Edited by Thess